“Can't wait to stay again”

The Richardson Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 65 Hotels in Perth
Perth, WA
“Can't wait to stay again”
Reviewed 29 September 2009

I would recommend The Richardson Hotel and Spa to any person who is thinking of either visiting Perth or, as was our case, looking for a luxury weekend getaway.

From the moment we arrived and throughout our stay the staff were friendly and only too happy to help with anything we needed.

The food was fantastic and the rooms and guest facilities showcased why this hotel has a five star rating.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
AndrewWA70, Hotel Manager at The Richardson Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 12 January 2010
Thank you Weekendaway09 for your comments that I will share with the team - we too look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Singapore
Reviewed 25 September 2009

They know your name without checking on the computer...that's everyone's name - not just ours, it is amazing how something like that can make you feel very special. Very unlike any other 5 star we stay in around the world! I accompany my husband on business trips to Perth and we regularly stay at the Richardson in Perth. We are always amazed at the attention we receive and the warm, friendly manner that we always experience. Our every need is attended to with our specialised pillows (provided by the hotel) even being pre delivered to our rooms upon arrival. My husband says that he gets his business requests acted upon immediatley without the expected wait from other 5 star hotels which can be frustrating when your on tight schedules while travelling for business. We have had friends and family meet us in our rooms as even the smaller rooms are large enough to entertain 3 to four people comfortably. My husband has also held business meetings in the room. They provide gourmet provisions in the fully equipped kitchen that enable you to have people for tea or coffee or have a quick meal like chicken curry and rice, soup and icecream that are all in your freezer at reasonable prices. A wonderful service for busy travellers. Opus is a wonderful restaurant. Personalised and excellent service. It is at the top end of price but you certainly get what you pay for...We have celebrated a few birthdays and special occasions there and we always get the birthday candles etc. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough and I don't usually review hotels but they do deserve it. It's a comfort to go there after so much travelling and being away from your own comforts of home.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Thank you Wil46 and I am glad to hear that we consistently deliver a comfortable and highly efficient level of service whilst making you feel special. I will pass on your words of praise to the team that will certainly serve as encouragement for a job well done. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Norwich, England
Reviewed 25 September 2009

This unprepossesing building from the outside, is an absolute treasure inside. The warmth of our greeting after our very traumatic and long journey, could not have been more appropriate, and we instantly felt relaxed and at home.
This is a hotel that manages to get the balance between quality and exclusivity exactly right. It never once steps over into stuffiness, and this is largely down to the well trained and charming employees. They seem to understand and provide for your needs, before you even need to ask, or indeed perhaps have realised what they were!
Clean, bright and modern bedrooms that are of a good size and tastefully furnished, come complete with very comfortable beds. We had two stays during our visit to WA, in different rooms, both of which were excellent.
Positioning of the hotel seems to be in what is mainly an office area of town, so the nearby buildings are not architectural gems. From the higher floors though, the views into the distance , over the city are quite good.The hotel is a short taxi ride to the CBD, or a stroll round the corner will take you to a bus stop at which the free CAT bus stops. A short walk in another direction, will bring you to the wonderful "Kings Park". There are also at walking distance away, a selection of small shops restaurants and cafes.
Ensure you eat in the Restaurant during your stay. Again great staff, but above all tremendous food! Also the Spa is a positive oasis of calm if you have had a tiring day, and a treat not to be missed.
All in all, The Richardson is a superb find, and ideal for both the leisure traveller looking for a relaxing quality treat, or the Business traveller who requires a smart base.
Other hoteliers could learn something from this hotel. Well done to the owner, management and staff of this hidden gem who made our visit something special!

1 Thank enniomorry
Thank you Enniomorry for your feedback and the positive comments are much appreciated. I will take the time to share your comments with the team that will serve as a wonderful motivator for all.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 September 2009

very impressed with the quality and variety of food served at high tea!
great service by staff serving us as well as by management in accommodating our needs when making the booking

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rubylite
Thank you Rubylite for your comments which I have passed on to the Kitchen and restaurant team - we look forward to welcoming you back!
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2009

I don't normally book a hotel without checking Trip Advisor but this time staying just a night in my home town for our Wedding Anniversary I trusted my own instincts and I am now not at all surprised to find it is the No. 1 rated hotel in Perth.

It's not cheap but staying on a Winter warmer package I thought it was good value - $580 for the night in a one bedroom suite including the degustation menu, valet parking, breakfast.

We were made to feel very special, the staff genuiningly seemed to care that we were enjoying our stay and the restaurant was outstanding. I am glad we're local because I can't wait to go back.

Why not 5*? As a 'boutique' hotel I thought the rooms were a little bland - beautiful but predicable and as a 'spa hotel' the toiletries provided were rather diappointing. At other hotels I've had Aveda, Crabtree & Evelyn, The White Company etc. but these were Richardson own brand 'made in china'. Malmaison provide own brand toiltries but do it expectionally well these were of the standard you'd get in a Travelodge.

Another very small complaint is no price list was provided for the food and drink in the room until we were checking out, at which point we were very pleasently surprised how reasonable the prices were - shame we'd been too scared to touch anything!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Thank you Jules2409 for your feedback and I was glad to read that we created a memorable experience. I have noted your comment regarding toiletries and although the packaging may not be branded I can assure you the content is of the highest quality. I also noted your comment on our private bar pricing and this should indeed be highlighted on arrival as the prices are very reasonable.
Perth
Reviewed 11 August 2009

Great to know that Perth has this great little personal hotel in close proximity to city centre. Staff could not do enough for us and everyone was so nice and on the ball. Great atmosphere in the bar and beautiful restuarant. Very classy establishment, ten out of ten!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Thank you SangersPerth for your 'ten out of ten' vote - I will certainly share your comments with the team - much appreciated.
Perth
Reviewed 7 August 2009

We had my 40th birthday at the Opus restaurant in The Richardson hotel and my wife and I stayed in house that night. The facilities at the hotel were first class and were only overshadowed by the service and the food. All my guests raved about the food were planning to go back at some point themselves. The staff were easy to organise all the details with before the night and made a special effort to make a fabuloous evening of it.

Would very much recommend The Richardson to anyone who wants top level service.

1 Thank StewWatkins
Thank you StewWatkins for your comments and I am delighted that we created a very memorable 40th birthday for you and your friends. We look forward to welcoming you back.