“An awesome night away in luxury”

The Richardson Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 17 September 2010

My girlfriend and I chose The Richardson to spend a night away from our family commitments and just relax after reading good reviews of the hotel. Our stay was wonderful from start to finish. We were upgraded, which was a nice surprise. The staff were the most attentive I have ever encounted. Nothing was too much trouble. We made use of the day spa for a massage, which although expensive, provided a very serene and relaxing expenience with well trained staff. We enjoyed cocktails in the bar with a most obliging and personable barman fixing us fantastic concoctions. When going out for dinner, the front counter staff had several recommendations within walking distance which lived up to the recommendations given. The only down point was that our room service breakfast came without the breakfast juice, but the staff were most apologetic and returned within five mins. The hotel is quite close to Subiaco oval so I would be cautious about booking on a night the ground was in use as my room faced the oval and the lights and noise might keep you awake. Otherwise the hotel was very quite and peaceful. The rooms were lovely and clean and there was complimentary bottled wated and a coffee maker. I would very much recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
AndrewWA70, General Manager at The Richardson Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2010

Thank you okalbs for your feedback and I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you have noted, our focus is on offering a very personalised service and although we strive for perfection, human error occasionally happens, for example with the orange juice which I am glad to hear we addressed immediately. You correctly point out that we are close to Subiaco Oval where matches, when played in season, tend to be finished by 9pm and has very little impact on our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 11 September 2010

My fiance booked a room here and dinner in the Opus restaurant the night he proposed to me. From the moment we arrived I found the staff to be friendly and welcoming. The room was comfortable and spacious and the complimentary morroccan tea was a delicious welcome drink. As for dinner at Opus, I don't think there are enough words to describe how amazing the degustation menu was. The Richardson superbly combines quality and comfort, I'm sure we will be back, perhaps afer our wedding!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
AndrewWA70, General Manager at The Richardson Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2010

Thank you for your comments mfm86 and congratulations on your engagement! I am delighted to hear that we created a memorable experience for you and we look forward to welcoming you back, before or after you become husband and wife.

Reviewed 1 September 2010

My husband and I stayed here on our first night as a married couple and the service was very personal with good attention to detail. When we arrived close to midnight, we were checked in immediately and ushered straight to our room by the concierge, where we found a card of congratulations waiting for us. The next morning over breakfast, we were paid a visit by the manager who personally welcomed us to the hotel and congratulated us on our wedding.
The room was exceptionally clean with excellent amenities. Breakfast in the conservatory was delicous, with the staff being very attentive. Overall we found The Richardson to be warm, welcoming and incredibly comfortable. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you KSR84 for your comments and congratulations once again on your recent wedding. We look forward to welcoming you back for your 1st anniversary, if not before!

Reviewed 12 August 2010

Being short on time, and both in need of a bit of R&R we stayed at the Richardson in West Perth. The one night winter break included one nights accomdation, 'luxury and romance', as well as spa treaments for him & her, which were fantastic and completely relaxed and revived us both. Dinner was also in the package and we were treated to a scrupmtous 7 courses of taste sensations selected by the chef, that I would never have ordered myself but am very glad I got to try. In addition it was all created glutten free for me and it was no hassle at all. PLus extensive wine list to choose from. Love this this place well worth a visit, well be back regulary.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
AndrewWA70, General Manager at The Richardson Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2010

Thank you Karen255364 for your feedback and I am delighted we were able to make the most of your short R&R trip to Perth. I will certainly pass on the feedback regarding your stay to the team, in particular the positive comment on your gluten free request. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 3 August 2010

This was our fourth stay at The Richardson and as usual the level of service was outstanding. The new guest lounge which we were shown at check in was lovely, we used it the next day after a busy day of shopping to have a cuppa, home-made biscuit and read the papers.
We stayed for two nights on a Winter Escape package which is excellent value, the best breakfasts in the city and welcome drinks and degustation one evening. The staff at the Richardson even managed to squeeze in another dinner guest at the last moment, we thought we had one of the best tables in Opus, tucked away nicely in the private dining room. Service at Opus was great and the meal amazing, I recommend getting the matching wines.
My husband and I are pretty fussy and have found most hotels in Perth lacking in some area, either dated decor, poor cleanliness, dodgy restaurant or the other guests are yobs drinking as much as possible in the "Executive Lounges" while bringing along their young kids to run around unattended.
It is really nice to go to a hotel and not have to deal with the other guests, the boutique feel of The Richardson makes you feel special and they actually remember your name and open the door for you. The decor is refined, the staff proud and professional....ok I'll stop raving about the hotel, you get my drift it is really special. If you have time use the Day Spa, it is excellent, we didn't have time this stay but maybe next time.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2010

My husband and I had a two night stay at this hotel. The room was beautiful, comfortable and exceptionally clean. The food was the best I have ever had in Perth and the service was also exceptional! We had breakfast, lunch and dinner there and I would highly recommend it to anyone. A very memorable stay we will be going back!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business

Thank you Falcarragh5 for your positive feedback and it is reassuring to hear that the daily efforts made by many are noticed and appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 8 June 2010

I stayed here on business for 4 nights (2nd time) and have to say that I would not stay anywhere else in Perth. Great location to start with and with that small boutique Hotel feel but with rooms that would be over and above what any other Hotel would offer in most major cities in Australia in terms of facilities, size and comfort.
The main point to consider here is the service & staff whish I found to be top noch as 5 star Hotel should be. I felt them to be efficient, attentive, helpful and most of all like they wanted to be at work and assisting me when needed, but watching them with other guests was also pleasing to see that they offer this service to all. The Restaurant was great I did not have dinner this time but did last time and thought the setting and food was excellent. Breakfast was excellent and not only in the restaurant but the room service offering just as good.
The Spa is great lovely size pool, steam room & sauna if you prefer, I did not have a treatment but can only imagine that this would also exceed my expectations. Thank you to the team for making my business trip that little bit more enjoyable, I will be back…

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
AndrewWA70, General Manager at The Richardson Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2010

Thank you Nomad1974 for your feedback and in particular the positive comments on the service we provide. It is always reassuring to hear that the daily efforts made by many are noticed and appreciated - particularly second time around when we have already set an expectation from the first stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!