“Best serviced apartments in Perth for long stay travellers”
Review of Quest on Rheola

Quest on Rheola
Ranked #38 of 65 Hotels in Perth
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Best serviced apartments in Perth for long stay travellers”
Reviewed 21 November 2010

I visit Perth from the UK several times a year and Quest on Rheola is my first choice every time. Its out of the city bustle yet still within easy reach by free CAT bus or walk through Kings Park. As a long stay traveller (typically 6 weeks each time) standard hotels get difficult to live in so I appreciate the privacy, extra space, well equipped kitchen and separate bedroom that the serviced apartment has. The rooms are clean, airy and well maintained. My particular favourite is the large shaded balcony with furniture where I can sit and watch the WA sunsets! The staff are fantastic too and always ready to help with anything. The only downside is some traffic noise from Thomas St so best to get an apartment as high as possible. The third party internet connection is fast and reliable but perhaps a tad pricey. Shops and Subiaco restaurents are about 10 minutes walk away. If you get stuck for time then the staff will get your "pantry" shopping in for you. Also free secure covered parking (which I have never used as public transport is generally good except Sundays!). Nearby Kings Park is great for evening walks and a perfect remedy to the office grind.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank LongHaulStig

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
ilovetravel9
Reviewed 7 November 2006

If you are looking for accomodation within Perth, I do not recommend Quest on Rheola. I had the displeasure of staying here a few months ago, and would never go back. It presented some fo the rudest, most unhelpful and intrusive staff than I have ever come across, which was quite a surprise.

The rooms are serviced, so staff will intrude as they feel, often without knocking. Cleaning was often very poorly done and the heart-stopping fire alarm within the building went off a total of 3 times during my stay, which I was told was ''very common''. Having to evacuate each time is of course annoying and frustrating, given that they were false alarms.

Staff demanded that maintenance personal enter my room to fix ammenities, providing only 10 minutes notice that I would have to let 3 men into my room. Given that I had just woken up and not showered, this was not appreciated.

Staying at this hotel made me feel both angry and that my privacy was not respected as it has been in every other hotel I have stayed in. Never before have I come across such rude staff.

The location is not spectacular, but it is very close to Kings park and 5 mins from Perth City. I'd recommend an alternative hotel as this hotel failed to present any advantages and suceeded only in ensuring that I would never stay here again.

Stayed August 2006