“excellent location, nice staff”

Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza
Ranked #23 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 8 July 2012

this hotel is located in probably the best possible location for access to the city. shopping within footsteps and the main metro station across the road. the area is not seedy, i think a previous reviewer is referring to the sex shop a few doors down. if that bothers you then i guess best to stay somewhere else, perhaps the east part of the city at the Hyatt but you will need to take transport for most things. I stayed in a 1 bed apartment, it was well appointed, very good in fact but now a little dated. The bed was really comfortable. Overall quite expensive but Perth is thriving from a mining boom but compared to say hotels elsewhere in the world it is great value.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank hero360travel

Dear Travelduesouth

We would like to thank you for your time and positive feedback in relation to your stay in June.

It was great to see that you enjoyed your stay, but also to read the great feedback in relation to the hotels location. We are located in the city CBD and all perth's attractions and public transport are only a walk away.

We strive for excellence and your constructive feedback about the room is appreciated and we will make sure that this is highlighted and communicated in our next Department meeting to ensure we continue delivering a great product.

Again thank you for your time and we are looking forward welcoming you to the hotel in the future.

Kyle

Write a ReviewReviews (1,432)

Reviewed 1 July 2012

Compared to my previous visits, Perth is currently very expensive and there does seem to be a lack of really top quality accommodation. We stayed in a 2-bedroom apartment. The hotel is a short walk to the shopping district, the Art Gallery and the river but is in a somewhat seedy area. No trendy restaurants nearby but there were some good Asian eateries and Oriental grocery stores just across the street. The hotel was perfectly adequate if you are simply looking for decent sized family lodging that is centrally located. I found the staff fairly friendly. However, as part of my job, I do stay in 5 star business hotels all the time and would not recommend this if you are looking for a luxury experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear Anya77

I would like to thank you for the time you have taken and the feedback in relation to your stay in June.

It was good to see you found the accommodation adequate and was able to see some of Perth's main attractions. Unfortunately the Perth market is very expensive however we always make sure that our rates are competitive to the market standards.

It was dissapointing to read that you were not able to find any trendy restaurants. Our reception is available 24hrs and we would have been more than happy to direct you to some great restaurants that are located within walking distance from the hotel.

I will also make sure that I will share your feedback with the Team and during the department meeting as this will assist us in continuously improving our product and services.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope that see you return in the near future. If you have any further concern, please do not hesitate contacting me at the hotel.

Kyle Kaya

Reviewed 1 July 2012

I was happy with this accommodation, while not top end, it was certainly better than some others I have stayed in, so I am giving it a "solid" rating! I was struggling to get rooms & this hotel/serviced apartment was able to provide a good solution - 10 nights accommodation when there were very few other "decent" options.
I stayed for 10 nights, and because it included a dining area, kitchenette, desk, lounge/tv area, bathroom & bedroom ... I had plenty of space to do my own thing .... work, relax, sleep, work ...
The washer/dryer was used for my personal light load washing, and external laundry was available for the more substantial stuff. I stashed the refrigerator with my preferred snacks & drinks & breakfasts & used the toaster & microwave, I really did not test the other in house gear. I used my own wifi connection to the aussie telco telstra, rather than suffer the usual hotel charges for connectivity. I did use the gym, simple but fine, and with a view of the road ... nice.
Location was fantastic in several regards (at the end of Murray street mall, the free CAT bus service was just across the road, the Perth train station is just around the corner, lots of late night food shops in the vicinity (light food rather than quality restaurants)).
Challenging, was the unusual shops on the same section of road (peep shows), but not much else.
It was mid winter, and the weather was cool but usually blueish skies, so nice, and there were a lot of people doing their thing, so it had a good community feel.

All hotels in Perth are priced NUTTY, but given this, this hotel was a decent value in the expensive Perth market place.

I would stay here again, but in Perth I think you only get to choose from a limited number of available hotels, and if this place is available, I know I am covered!

Room Tip: I had a room at back, with bedroom facing an adjacent building, so curtains had to be closed. there...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Dear Gary-L8

On behalf of the hotel I would like to thank you for the time and feedback in relation to your recent stay of 10 nights in June.

It was great to read that the hotel has met your expectation. The Perth market is very competitive and your positive feedback is a reward for the Team that work hard every day to ensure a great product is delivered to all our guests - I will make sure that this will be shared with the entire Team.

We are a Full Serviced Apartments and all our One and Two Bedroom Apartments are accommodated with full kitchen facilities and it was great to hear that this made your stay confortable.

It was also great to see that you enjoyed the hotels location as we are located very centrally with all of Perth's main attractions nearby.

Thank you again for your great feedback and it will be great to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Perth.

Kyle Kaya

Reviewed 17 June 2012

I stayed in a one bedroom apartment for three nights last Easter and was surprised how big the apartment was.

It was clean and the bedroom, even though it had twin beds, did not feel cramped. The kitchen had everything I needed, the dining and living rooms had more than enough space to moved around in. The bathroom was roomy and even though it had no tub, the shower stall was also spacious. The washing machine and dryer were hidden in a closet in the bathroom. There was a balcony which I was able to access via the living room.

The apartment was just a very short walk to Hay and Murray Streets and the Perth City train station. There were also CAT bus stops nearby.

There are many good Asian places to eat in Barrack Street and there is a convenience store directly across. Note there is also a Woolworths nearby in Murray Street if that is preferred.

If there was one downside it was that there's a Club X nearby which may mean some undesirables late at night. Something to watch out for if you are a female travelling alone.

I found the staff to be helpful too. I am very satisfied with my recent stay and would not hesitate to choose the Medina Executive Barracks Plaza again next time I am in Perth.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 3 June 2012

Having used Medina apartments for many years in Sydney, due to the excessively high hotel costs in Perth, I went back to Medina for a 2 night business stay even though the rate was still higher than a 5 star hotel in Melbourne or Sydney. Staff were really disappointing, untidy and fairly disinterested. If you are going to meetings it is not easy to get a cab at this location and booking one as suggested by staff, seemed rather hit and miss. The surrounding strip clubs are not ideal as a solo female traveller, and the recommended 'internet cafe' is a filthy dirty gaming 'space' not a cafe. i did not feel safe there yet reception staff recommended it for internet use as I had chosen not to bring may laptop this time. If you do wish to use their internet at Medina, the rates are very high. The carpet rug in the reception area is really dirty and dusty and should be replaced. The apartment had a smelly kitchen which permeated everything - perhaps a smoker previously.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank TCK33

Dear TCK33

Thank you for the time you have taken and the feedback in relation to your recent stay in May.

It was with great dissapointment that I read your comments and that we did not meet your expections throughout your stay. On behalf of the hotel I would like to apologies.

At the Medina Executive Barrack Plaza "guest services" is of great importance and I would like to ensure you that we will investigate and that this will be acted upon. Also, your comments in regards to your room and the lobby carpet will be noted and discussed with our Housekeeping Department to ensure we maintain a high standard.

Also, in reference to your comments about the hotel rates; unfortunately the Perth market is very expensive, but I can assure you that our hotel rates are in line with the market standards.

I again, would like to apologies and it would be a great to have the opportunity to discuss your recent hotel stay in person - your feedback is valuable to us.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

Clean and comfortable apartments within a short walk of the mall and river front. Fairly spacious with full size kitchen and living area. Bathroom adeqaute. Overall clean and no complaints.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear jls2608

Thank you for your feedback in relation to your recent stay in May.

It was great to see that your apartment and the cleanliness has made your stay enjoyable and I will make sure that I will share this with the Team.

Thank you again, and we are looking forward to welcoming you to the hotel on your next visit to Perth.