“Excellent and convenient place”

Ranked #23 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed 4 days in the Adlina while on a business trip. The staff were simply superb and efficient, and that always makes a difference. The apartment was clean and spacious, and as I was on a business trip, made a pleasant working environment. It is in the central of Perth city and had easy access to food and transportation. Wish the wifi was free, or at least cheaper. I did not use the gym or pool so cannot really comment on those, All in all, I would recommend Adlina as a great place to stay in Perth.

3  Thank SaralaJM
Kyle K, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear SaralaJM

The Team and I were delighted to read your positive feedback in relation to your recent stay with us.

Thank you for mentioning our Team being superb and efficient. It is always a pleasure to read this but also is a great acknowledgement for the high guests service standards we strive for every day.

I was very pleased that you found the accommodation spacious and clean and that the apartment accommodated your business requirements. I will make sure that this is shared with the Housekeeping Department as I am sure they will be delighted to be praised.

Your feedback is valuable to us and therefore appreciate your comments regarding our WIFI. This has been noted and I apologize that the service is not complementary at this stage. We are however committed in maintaining our prices very competitive to market standards. Please note that we supply complementary 30 minutes WIFI in our lobby area per device.

Thank you once again for the kind review and we are looking forward seeing you return upon your next visit to Perth.

Kyle Kaya | Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I just spent two weeks at the Adina in Perth, Barrack Plaza. The location is convenient, the staff are super friendly and helpful, and the apartments are well appointed. It was the perfect place for me as I was working very hard for the two weeks. With plenty of room in the apartment I felt it was a true home away from home and very relaxing. My only critique is that wifi was not free. In this day and age I have come to expect free Internet while traveling. If there was wifi I would have given this place a 5, and I travel frequently for work. It is still a great place to stay while working in Perth. Jane

1  Thank Jane S
Kyle K, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Dear Jane S

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. The Team and I were thrilled reading your stay was enjoyable and memorable. I was glad that the hotels location was convenient and that you found the Team super friendly and helpful. They are very committed in making our guests stay memorable and it is a great acknowledgement they succeeded throughout your stay in particular when striving towards a “home away from home” experience.

Our apartments are on average very spacious in size especially compared to any other CBD property and I was glad this aided in the comfort of combining work and relaxation.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the internet and I have noted this. Although at this stage not complementary, we do monitor very closely with the market and are very competitive. At this stage we do offer 30 minutes per device complementary in our lobby area.

Jane S, thank you so much once again for your tremendous review and both the Team and I are looking forward to be welcoming you back to the hotel upon your next visit to Perth.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

I booked the Adina as part of a Flight and Hotel package to attend some meetings in Perth, and a three day conference at the Congress Centre. It was only a short walk to the conference, and much less expensive than hotels booked by my colleagues which were also further away. The room was very spacious, clean and very well equipped. I of course did not use all the facilities, but being able to have breakfast at leisure was great. As I arrived at 2am, after a long flight, the front desk could not have been more helpful, and saw me coming, opened the door (which is locked at that time) so I did not need to find the bell. That helpful and pleasant attitude continued throughout my stay. It is great to be met by a smile and an enquiry after a hard day when you are jetlagged.

1  Thank John H

Dear Hedgepigs

The Team and I were delighted reading your Trip Advisor posting and that you found the hotel “excellent for a business trip”!

It is great you took advantage of the combination of price, location and facility and that this met your expectations in all areas. The special mention to the Team is a great acknowledgement of their work and dedication to make each guests stay enjoyable and memorable. It is the little things such as a smile that can make a difference and I am glad that your experienced this consistently throughout your stay.

Thank you once again for your candid and kind review and the Team and I are looking forward to welcoming again upon your next visit to Perth.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

With family members staying here for a couple of weeks, I joined them for a weekend. The staff could not have been more helpful from phone calls to arrange my stay, providing the extra bed, towels etc (and bringing more promptly whenever we asked), and a super-friendly welcome on arrival, with ideas of what to see nearby and the offer of an umbrella due to the inclement whether before I even thought of it.
The room was nice (one bedroom suite) with enough space, large kitchen with all facilities, and a small balcony. The gym is small but functional, similarly with the pool.
Price - about right for what it is (although I didn't pay most of it :). It was an additional $50 per night for the extra fold out bed.
The location is very central, so easily walkable to most things in the CBD and plenty of restaurants, and shops right nearby. The street itself felt a little more "dodgy" at night with groups of young guys hanging around drinking, but they were friendly enough.
Two minor annoyances:
1. The restaurant downstairs (which also does room service) is only open Monday-Friday which is really strange and could be a pain if you didn't want to go out one weekend night.
2. The carpark is difficult to find and tiny, spaces are too small, the gates are ridiculously slow to open and you have to go through 2 each time, and the up and down ramps are on the wrong side of the road (WHY?! Surely this creates accidents given that they curve around a blind corner?!)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mel904
Kyle K, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear Mel904

My Team and I were delighted to read your Trip Advisor feedback in relation to your recent stay with us. In particular your comments about the Team were tremendous to read and a great acknowledgement to them meeting your expectations. I will make sure this is shared with the full Team.

Also was glad that you found the facility nice with plenty space but also enjoyed the facilities like the kitchen, gym and pool. Our location is second to none and I am thrilled that this aided to you enjoyable stay with us.

Thank you for the feedback regarding Bar138. I will make sure this is passed onto the owners as they are externally managed. I am happy to advise they are open 7 days a week for breakfast. Please let us know next time and we are more than happy to let you know alternative eatery options that do deliver.

Also thank you for the feedback in regards to the car park. Perth CBD has a lack of parking facilities and we are quite fortunate to able to offer this service. I have noted your feedback regarding the gates and I will get in touch with our Maintenance Department to complete minor works to make them open\close promptly. The hotel has made the decision to swap side for entry\exit onto & down the ramps. This decision was made after assessing that making turns in the car are made much easier and driving conditions are safer.

Once again Mel904, thank you for your feedback and appreciate the time taken. We are looking forward welcoming you back again upon your next visit to Perth.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

I booked this hotel for my 20th birthday. It is excellent location and satisfactory facilities. The staff however are disgraceful with the worst customer service i've ever seen. They threatened to clamp one of cars parked in our allocated parking bay. I booked two premium 2 bedroom suites, at the time of booking was told by the employee we could have two rooms together however when we got there they were on separate levels, The on duty manager told us she would sort it out and get back to us. after four hours of having 10 people crammed into one room I contacted reception and was confronted by the worst of all employees who laughed in my face and repeatedly spoke down to me. During the conversation I was reminded several times that this isn't a party hotel and they have a no tolerance for noise (we were watching big brother eating dinner waiting to be moved rooms not having a party) even though the room next to mine was having a bachelorette party with constant screaming you could hear from the opposite end of the floor. It is clear the staff has different standards for different cliental. I was very disappointed and will NOT be returning here anytime soon! Thank you Adina staff for ruining what is meant to be a happy occasion.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank JordanF_16
Kyle K, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

JordanF_16

I regret reading your Trip Advisor feedback regarding your recent stay with us. In particular your comments regarding our Team was very disappointing. As you can read from past comment we normally are praised for the great customer service delivered at a consistent level.

Upon check-in both rooms were ready and Reception had explained that due to unfortunate circumstances we were not able to accommodate both apartments onto the same level. We always take these requests in consideration and try out best to accommodate but are not guaranteed.

We are very mindful about noise and do advise upon check-in to all our guests that we have a no party policy. More importantly that if any disturbance throughout any guests stay is experienced that Reception is notified and we will address accordingly. I am happy to advise that we have spoken and dealt with the room on your level after being notified. I do apologize that this not communicated properly and I will make sure that this happens in future.

In regards to the car parking. Two car parking bays were recorded and booked. Throughout our security patrols we noticed an unidentified car which was found to be part of the group. All our bays are designated and the third additional parking bay was not booked hence a generic note was left on the unidentified car. We did however not charge for the third car.

JordanF_16, I do again apologize for any inconvenience caused as we pride ourselves for delivering a memorable experience. I would be happy to discuss your stay in person and can be contacted by email on kkaya@adinahotels.com.au or alternatively by phone dialling 08 9267 0000.

Looking forward to be hearing from you.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

I had been staying in this hotel for 5 days. The price was expensive, but the facility is very complete. So, I think it the price is suitable with the facility that they gave to us. We could cook and prepared our dinner with their kitchen facility. They also gave us entertainment facility such as 2 televisions and also a tape radio.

The location of this hotel is very strategic, in the centre of Perth. We could easily find a supermarket to buy our needs, hay street mall, London court, Barrack jetty and other interesting area in the city. This location also facilitated us to find transportation facility such as bus, which is free and MRT. This hotel is very ideal hotel for those who want to explore the city of Perth.

Adina's staffs were very helpful and answered our question politely, we met an Indonesian staff who gave us many information. They could understand what we needed. They also gave us longer time to check out from the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SSunardi
Kyle K, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear SSunardi

Thank you so much for your candid Trip Advisor review. I was thrilled to read that although you found the hotel pricey but suitable to the experience and facility available to you.

Our apartments are fully serviced and self-catered and although we are competitive priced to the market, additional savings can be made when staying multiple nights having washing & drying as well as fully functional kitchen available.

I was glad that the location of the hotel was good and that you were able to visit all main Perth city attractions. As you mentioned public transport is a short walk and the CAT bus is free of charge and will bring you to all end of town!

Also thank you for your special mention to our Team with in particular Kimmi and Linda mentioned in your review. It was great that they offered you a late check-out. I will make sure this is passed onto them both and they will be delighted to be mentioned!

Thank you again Ssunardi and we are looking forward to be welcoming you back to the hotel upon your next trip to Perth!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stay there in hi season periode, so the price quite expensive for such facility, it's an old design apartment but overall the room quite clean with proper appliances in the kitchen. We like the bed as well as it's not too soft. The shower though it's a struggling as they only have head shower with no hand shower and the water flow is very difficult to shower. No free wifi in the room, the only free wifi is in the lobby and they limit the access 30 minutes per day per phone.

The good side is the location which is very strategic and right in the centre of the city. Walking distance to hay street mall, london court, barrack jetty, bell tower, perth mint and other interesting area in the city. Have 24 hour convenience store, very convenient to all the public transport also, perth train, bus stops. It's an ideal hotel for those who want to explore the city of Perth. The staff there also very friendly and helpful, I get offered a free 24 hour free wifi access for a day because I can't log in to their free wifi facility. Kimi, the receptions has been very helpful and friendly also, we came from the same country so it's easier to communicate with her and she's giving us a lot of useful information, she also help us to book a rental car in last minutes.

It's not a hotel where you can relax and enjoy ur hotel room, but it's a great place to stay to explore Perth city and the friendly staff sure will make you feel safe and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear EdyD28

Thank you for your time and Trip Advisor posting in relation to your recent stay with us.

I was very happy to read that you found the apartment clean, accommodated with proper appliances and in particular enjoyed the very central location of the hotel!

We are apartment hotel style accommodation and cater to both long or short stays and we always try to provide a “home away from home” experience and I was glad that you felt safe and comfortable.

Unfortunately we do not provide complementary WIFI internet. I am happy to advise that our prices are monitored closely to the market and currently are in line. As you mentioned I was glad that you were able to use the 30 minutes free WIFI per day\per device.

I also would like to thank you for mentioning Kimi in your review. Kimmi is a very valued member of our Team and I am happy she able to impress and leave you with a memorable experience as well some local tourist information!

Thank you for your comment in regards to the shower. We are in the progress testing all our showers and water pressure as we recently completed some works to improve these. Apologies that we were not able to adjust this during your stay.

Thank you again and we are looking forward welcoming you back upon your next trip to Perth!