“Great location....Great Staff”

Ranked #20 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Perth, Australia
“Great location....Great Staff”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed at the Adina Apartment Hotel for my sisters 50th.
The Staff couldn't of been more accommodating.
We had the two bedroom apartment, really good sized bedrooms and good sized bathrooms.
The location, is fabulous. So close to everything in the city.
A big thankyou to Astrid at reception. ( thanks for everything you did, making a special stay for my sister)
Would highly recommend this hotel, and we would definitely stay in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Denise J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We absolutely loved this one bedroomed apartment in Perth,it was so comfortable,very well set out,nice and big,sky sports/fox sports,CDplayer,lovely kitchenette and bathroom,bedroom also had a tv,washing machine and dryer,everything we needed for our week in Perth before going over the otherside of Oz......It had a massive balcony with lounger and table and chairs on,it didn't look over a beautiful view as its near the city,the bus station is joined to the Adina so it was very handy to get a bus and they have a free bus around a local zone that was good,also the Adina is attached to the rail station and little cafes and shops there so close and walking through a 5 minute walk you were right in amongst the main city centre and all the shops,its was so handy,we loved it there for everything..Have stayed in Perth before,but normally a hotel room,but this was great,you wont go wrong staying there for sure.... the aircon was brilliant.....Only down WIFI expensive,so went and stood by the Apple store or the café next door to it and got it free,just to keep in touch with family home in UK.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JEANDALBY
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Just perfect, great new building with the best staff!

Check in was swift and before I knew it I was on my way up to the room, I haven't had great experiences of hotels in Perth, so I guess I wasn't expecting much...

I entered my room and was so surprised at the high quality of this hotel, the king size bed with crisp white sheets, the perfectly functioning kitchenette, and the balcony which I could see the pool and the whole city.

I love this place, I fully recommend it to anyone, I stayed in business but would definitely go back there with the family....

Check out was just as efficient,

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Cruise H
Bunbury
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I booked a 2 bedroom apartment that was originally $1,100 per night and Wotif had a special on for $379. I was extremely disappointed with the standard of the apartment. Unclean furnishings, equipment and stained carpets and couch. The corridors and lobby smelled awful. What you see in the advertised photos is very misleading. The only plus was the central location, and even that is a bit dodgy late at night (Club X only a few shops away) and generally the area felt a bit undesirable. Even the staff weren't all that pleasant. Just doing a job. I would NEVER book this place again.

Room Tip: I wouldn't even consider staying here.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Deb T
scotland
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

Very nice apartments in a great location. Quick, efficient check-in/check-out, extremely helpful reception staff who go the extra mile to help with anything you ask them, clean, quiet rooms, highly recommended.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank janeybgood
Alexandria T, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, Barrack Plaza, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear janeybgood,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valued review.

The team and myself are delighted to read about your recent experience with us.
We pride ourselves on our guest service throughout all areas of the hotel, including housekeeping and reception. We are glad to hear that you appreciated the nice, clean and quiet Apartments in which the hotel offers and that you believe that Adina Apartment Hotel Barrack Plaza is the perfect spot for Perth!

On behalf of the team, we look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Apartment Hotel Barrack Plaza in the near future!

Many Thanks

Alexandria Tibbetts
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We felt like we struck the jackpot with this apartment that we booked though wotif. On arrival, the super friendly reception staff were so helpful and welcoming it felt like we were home. The apartment was beyond our expectations. We were upgraded to a two bedroom apartment that was spacious, clean and stylishly decorated in modern tones with good quality furniture. The apartment had ample space to entertain guests and two good size bedrooms with crisp clean linen. It included a functional kitchen, washing machine and dryer and clean modern bathroom, dining table and lounge area. We stayed in Perth during 44 degree heat and were grateful for the air conditioning in the apartment and it's effectiveness. A balcony for the smoker, great views, gym, pool and TV with lots of channels, Adina was our 4 day haven after a tough drive from Melbourne. The location in Barrack st is ideal as a base for anything you want to do in Perth. If you're lucky you'll get looked after by Kerry and Astrid. The most welcoming and helpful reception staff I've ever encountered at a hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gina W
Dear NormaSmouth,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your raving review!!

The team and I are delighted that we exceeded your expectations during your recent stay at Adina Apartment Hotel Barrack Plaza and that you were able to experience an upgrade to one of our spacious Two Bedroom Apartments.

I have shared your feedback with all of the hotel’s team members especially housekeeping and Astrid one of the hotel’s team of superstars! It is great to hear that you not only enjoyed the Apartment accommodation in which Adina Apartment Hotel Barrack Plaza offers, but also the great service in which the team takes great pride in providing at all times.

Once again, on behalf of the team, I thank you for providing your amazing feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Apartment Hotel Barrack Plaza soon.

Many Thanks

Alexandria Tibbetts
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I stayed here in Jan, 2014 in a 1 BDRM apartment. First impression was that it was quite spacious, so I was quite pleased.

Pluses about this place are:
-centrally located- 2 mins from shopping malls; 10 mins walk from theatre and Northbridge eateries; 10 mins from the ferry terminal
-really helpful front desk staff- thanks to Alex, Shayla, Kimmi, Kerrie and Astrid...but special mention to Kerrie and Astrid for their fabulous help & friendliness :)
- full cooktop and stove in the apartment

The small negatives about this place are:
-pool is small and not very aesthetically appealing- some lush plants would even help brighten the area up and some umbrellas over the chairs
- would be helpful to have at least one oven and microwave dish to use
-would be helpful to be given a small sachet of clothes washing powder or at least have them to buy (No-one wants to buy a box of laundry powder for 1 or 2 loads of washing!)
-let down by the in-attention to detail by the housekeeping staff. I frequently had to ask for toilet paper; dirty towels with big black marks delivered one day; room not made up one day despite 'make me up' sign hung outside the door; housekeeping opened my door to enter just as I was about to enter the shower; I was informed that check out was between 10-11am but had housekeeping hassle me about leaving around 1030 (African girl- quite rude, not very customer service oriented!); I notified front desk that the balcony light was not working and filled out the maintenance form which I left for housekeeping to collect. 2 days later I took it down to the front desk as housekeeping had not picked it up, consequently light not fixed in the week I stayed. They were meant to empty rubbish, make beds, change towels and wipe out bathroom daily- but when they did do this it was very slap dash. Bed all crinkled, wash basin still had toothpaste marks as had not been wiped out correctly. Some of the dishes in the apartment I had to wash before using as they had dried food stains present.

Would I stay here again?...Yes, for convenience and room size for price but would hope that housekeeping have lifted their game, as I feel that it is their poor customer service and inattention to an excellent standard of work that detract from this property. I hope the manager reads this and takes some action.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the street as otherwise the balcony looks onto the car park. I found that ther...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank escapingfr0mw0rk
Dear escapingfr0mw0rk,

Thank you for taking the time in providing your feedback in relation to your recent stay at Adina Apartment Hotel Barrack Plaza.

I am delighted to hear that the team went above and beyond during your stay whilst providing you with ‘their fabulous help and friendliness’. Only being recent to Perth myself, I agree that the central location of the hotel, allows you to explore all that Perth has to offer, via foot or through the public transport located right at the hotel’s door step. With our One Bedroom Apartments offering all of the practical elements required whilst travelling away from home including a kitchen with all amenities, washing machine etc.

I am disappointed to hear that the housekeeping standards where not up to the level of service in which we pride ourselves on delivering on a continuous basis. I have shared your feedback with all hotel team members in order to improve on a continuous basis and also to address your key issues of concern.

Escapingfr0mw0rk, thank you once again for providing your honest feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Apartment Hotel Barrack Plaza on your return trip to Perth.

Many Thanks,