“Best Italian Food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Il Ciao is one of the best Italian Restaurant's we have ever eaten at. We have been visiting Il Ciaos now for around 10 years and it never disappoints. Living in Europe we can only visit every couple of years now when back in Perth and it is something which we look forward to every time and make a priority to visit. Travelling through Italy extensively we have never experienced such delicious Italian food like what is served at Il Ciaos, the food is always very fresh and yummy and we always leave feeling very satisfied and wanting to return soon. I visited just 2 weeks ago when I was back in Perth and had my fix of Fusilli Bellagio and a Peach Fantasia for dessert. Il Ciao is a family run business and they always remember us when we return even if it has been a couple of years : ) This restaurant is a must visit as your only missing out if you don't give it a go!

2  Thank Amyskye

Reviewed 4 May 2013

I have been going to Il Ciao for over 15 years. The food delivered fluxes between good and great. But in an area with plenty of options, it is just hard work. I have wasted hours of time trying to get through on the phone, just pathetic really. It is quicker to drive down, order and wait.

If you decide to dine in, it can be noisy and hot, nothing fancy, but honest food. My recent dine in visit had terrible service (sitting in outside covered area) but generally ok.

It is also starting to rate poorly on value for money front. Probably better on a quiet Wednesday night than a Saturday. Spaghi (2km down the road) has them beat and they answer there phone

1  Thank markklaz
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Why does this restaurant have a takeaway menu when you can't get through on the phone. Very frustrating. Have tried on more than one occasion and the only reason we keep trying again is we have a voucher. It's too noisy to eat in. Willing to give up $200.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

After going to this restaurant for at least 30 years we have noticed it is becoming quite expensive and the food boring. Our last visit with family had everyone not finishing their meals and complaining it was not up to the usual standard. Generally the il Ciao is great, tasty family food, good service and quick. I had the mussels and pasta special, in fact just 6 mussels and a bowl of pasta for about $30......wow...not good value. The gnocchi was like rubber, and the seafood Adriatica almost tasteless. I hate to write this review given our long history here...maybe it was an off night. My wife does not wish to return!
I am prepared to give it one more try.....what a pity if we don't get an improvement.

1  Thank Craig L
Reviewed 22 March 2013

The fact that you have to queue to get in to this bistro on a Wednesday night shows how popular this place is. I do not frequent this place very often as I do not like waiting for half an hour to get a a table. I understand they do not take bookings yet friends/regulars? were just given tables ahead of us. The food is good but the place is so noisy you can hardly hear yourself talk. I had the fish of the day which was a king snapper with a salad which was around $35, so not that cheap. I did have a large piece of apple pie though with ice cream. My wife dessert was missed and we had to follow up the waitress twice and then 2 serves came up so they gave us one of them for free to compensate for the wait. 4 people came to $168 with corkage charge for our own wine.
Personally I prefer Bennys in Fremantle as I dislike the waiting game but there are may who are prepared to wait.