“My favourite in Perth” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jackson's Restaurant - CLOSED

Jackson's Restaurant
Cuisines: International, Australian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Perth CBD
“My favourite in Perth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

I dine here at least 4 times a year, usually when the degustation menu changes.

It is my favourite place in Perth as I find the food and wines are always delicious, fun and interesting.

The service is also spot on. With friendly banter and informative discussion about the food and wine it suits me perfectly and fitted the mood of my last visit spot on.

I recommend it to everyone living in or visiting Perth.

• Visited April 2013

Perth, Australia
“Not bad, but would like to see more good Aususie wines”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

Had the A La Carte. All my food choices were fantastic, memorable and would go back just to eat those again. However, not all my partner's choices were great - the duck was a little over-done and chewy. While the food prices were OK (around $45 for mains), the wines seem very over-priced for what they were - paying $60-80 for a bottle of so-so wine seems a little rich. Would have liked to see more good Australian wines on offer - it seemed that most of our good stuff, including Margaret River, was not available. The focus seems to be on European wines, and they certainly had some interesting varieties to try. The staff seemed very knowledgeable about the wines.

Visited June 2013
“A fantastic night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

My wife and I had the sensational degustation menu at Jackson's as recommended by a business partner. We were not disappointed. The flavours were delightful and surprising and the service was excellent. A lovely atmosphere and a deserved reputation.

• Visited May 2013
Perth, Australia
“A bit disappointed for the supposed top Perth spot...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

We celebrated a significant occasion and thought this was appropriate. Whilst the degustation menu compared favourably to the likes of Alure and Fat Duck, the service just did not carry it off. it may be a Perth thing, but attitude, the lack of engaging nature and attention were not there. Perhaps I was there on an "off night"...

“Wonderful evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

My husband and myself were treated to Jackson's to celebrate my birthday by our son and daughter in law and as we had not visited before we were unsure that to expect. The meal we had was by far the best we have had in Australia. The service was first class and extremely professional as well as friendly.
The meal in itself could not be faulted, each course (a la carte) was a delight to look at and tasted out of this world. This is a restaurant of the highest order and deserves the wonderful accolades it receives. It is not cheap, but worth every dollar to experience such beautiful food.

• Visited May 2013