“great sushi, but the price can add up”
Review of Jaws Kaiten Sushi

Jaws Kaiten Sushi
Ranked #299 of 1,450 Restaurants in Perth
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Neighbourhood: Perth CBD
Neighbourhood: Perth CBD
Reviewed 18 February 2014

right in town ready to go for the quick feed or sit back and watch the world go by. The food is fantastic and fresh. The bill can sneak up on you if you are hungry

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Tasty sushi and virtually no wait which is why I love belt sushi. It was really fresh and everything I had was good. Definitely a fun way to dine especially if you're in a hurry but still want a variety. And it didn't put a huge hole in my pocket which is always a bonus!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Ate dinner here on Halloween night last week. The staff is very professional, but the food was ok at best. The plates are priced by color, but items are not well or easily-identified--takes a few go-arounds sometimes to find a particular item. Odd sushi choices like beef terriyaki sushi. Ramen was same as the cardboard cup with a couple of small pork pieces thrown in. I recommend this place for sushi--because there wasn't anyplace better and there was a wide variety of items. Prices were typical Perth high.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

It was a miserable, wet and cold day and we had just arrived in Perth. Our brain was confused by the time difference but our stomach said Lunchtime! Perth seems to have a dearth of restaurants, even the streets seemed deserted compared with weekend Sydney. And then, out of the mists emerged the Jaws Sushi Train. This is a small restaurant and we had to wait for seats. It was worth it, the food was fantastic, the Perth version of Sushi train was great. I loved the Octopus on a stick and the plentiful Gyozas. I really enjoyed that if there was something we wanted the staff would get it happening really quickly. With Sushi trains, I have noticed that when you spot a dish you are hanging out for it is nearly always on the other side of the train. Then you wait, with bated breath, hoping it will make it to you before anyone else chooses it before you. I watched the octopus on a stick make its way right around to me, only to have it selected by the very person right next to me. But, taking heart and seeing another on its way, I watched while the person right next to them chose it as well. That is when the nice young man behind the counter found us a plate or two. Personalised service at its best. The food is attractively served, the atmosphere is busy and buzzy, the clientele are mainly quite young people, mainly in their 20s and the ethnicities of patrons a good mix. So we all enjoy sushi trains.

1  Thank Star707
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

This is still one of favourites, and the kids love it as my 13 years olds tastes develop I love seeing her trying new things :) the food is always fresh and full of flavour, service always polite and helpful I have never had a bad experience at Jaws