“rude manager”

Matilda Bay Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 1,360 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, View, Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“rude manager”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We booked a table for 11---birthday dinner. They seated us up against the back wall. It uncomfortable particularly for the 6 persons ( 4 of our party were elderly) . When we complained to the manager he was rude and very condesending he told us that he thought it was a good table however said we could move but the other tableon offer was going to be noisier---no real solution for us. Waitress was good, food was not bad however for the price we paid in the future we will go to one of the lovely at the Bureswood-----a bit futher to travel but would never be treated in that manner. I must add that at the time of booking we had to leave a $200 deposit our bill was $1500.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank ringo-cap

• Indonesian first
“Never fails to impress”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Not a cheap restaurant but it is certainly a great one. Impressive menu, wine list, food and service. I have been there a number of times over the years and it has never left me unimpressed. My favourite fine dining restaurant.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Geoff D
“Wonderful stake”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

My partner took me here and I had the stake it was cooked perfect for me yes it is expensive but worth every cent as yiu grt what you pay for it

1 Thank Hayley H
Sydney
“Burnt steaks. Very expensive & disappointing meals”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

The only thing that is good about this restaurant is the view. The restaurant is pretty noisy and service is quite average. We ordered steak medium to well. It was so burnt we had to sent it back. My husband then decided to have the fish but that came out with the grosest smelling thing on top. It smelled absolutely disgusting. For entree we ordered the calamari it was oily and garlic very expensive and disappointing meals overall. I would not recommend this restaurant

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank shelly2126
“Lovely Crayfish lunch”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

12 of us booked in for the March Crayfish lunch special which didn't disappoint. The restaurant seemed pretty much to capacity however we were looked after very well by our efficient waitress and did not have to wait long for our food. This is the third visit to Matilda Bay for me for lunch and dinner in the past 8 weeks and I have enjoyed them all. My only advise is if you book a large group and thus have to pay a deposit check the bill that it has been taken off before you pay as ours hadn't been.

Visited March 2014