“Wedding in small function room”

Matilda Bay Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 1,412 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Awesome! Great food, stunning scenery and faultless service. Very small wedding but tables looked great and outside gas heaters made going outside east.

1  Thank Spina9255

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Revisited here after many previous times, and they have the same exceptional service, great food and atmosphere as all the previous times. Amazing wine list! They have yet again proven why I think they are the best restaurant in Perth! Will definately recommend and revisit!

2  Thank 40yoStudent
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Lovely birthday lunch with my sister. Service superb and food delicious. I could not fault a thing! Loved the tablecloths....much better than he bare tables of a few years ago. We went during the week when it was quieter, so we were really looked after. I am somewhat surprised by some of the negative reviews because I found the whole experience very good.

2  Thank luxesolotraveller
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Had lunch for a belated Mother's Day luncheon. Bombarded with too many menus to chose from upon seating. It's confusing. Service was nice enough however when mains arrived, our side dish did not. 15mins later when when we were pretty much finished, it was plonked on the table without so much as an apology & still charged on the bill. I opted for 2 course lunch menu with mum to make it easier. Entree was nice enough. My main course of fish, although it had nice flavors, was cold. The late broccoli side dish was the hottest thing served to us. All round, an experience that didn't live up to past visits.

2  Thank Perth_Fine_Foods
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Positives - lovely view over the river, friendly service staff, plenty of parking if you are driving
Negatives - food was awful. You can't put lipstick on a pig. Fancy presentation does not offset overly greasy, over cooked food. I suspect mine was put in fat that wasn't hot enough. I struggled with both vegetarian courses, my husband proclaimed his meal mediocre and my sister left half her seafood platter - too greasy. Wine is very expensive, with the cheapest bottles starting at well over $100. That's expensive if you are eating pub standard food. Sadly, I just cannot recommend this place and would not go back.

4  Thank Allcorners