“Lovely Sunday Dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

To start, a number of previous reviewers have said that a mature Italian lady greeted them etc. although I did not have this experience I was very welcomed even as a solo dinner. The soup entree I ordered ended up not being available & I was provided with a few suggestions. In the end I wasn't wrapped in it HOWEVER my main of gnocchi in Gorgonzola sauce was AMAZING, so light, so tasty, truly a great dish. The staff were very welcoming & they make a great espresso martini

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Had a great birthday lunch with 9 other ladies on Sunday. The food was delicious - very authentic Italian pasta, full of flavour. Garlic bread was also good - big and chunky. The waiter was very good, waiting on 10 demanding ladies, even getting up on a chair to take our group photos. Nothing was too much trouble. Good wine list too. Would go again, and again.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

So last night we walked down James Street in Perth for dinner.
It had been a long day; we were 2 hours behind on our local time, had just checked in to our hotel and just wanted a feed.
If you don’t know James Street, it has many restaurants to choose from, many with menus out front so we looked over them but nothing took our fancy. Most of the places we walked past were empty.

And then we arrived to Sorrento’s, an Italian restaurant.
Most of the outside tables were taken, the vibe was good, and the meals looked great.

An elderly lady was out the front on the pavement greeting people; she looked up at us and spoke.
“Ah Bella, you would like a table?”
Of course we said yes and she pointed to one outside but as we looked she said “No take this one inside, more light.”

And so we went inside, our table looked out at the pavement area.
We were greeted by staff, offered menus, drinks and we relaxed a little, it was now 9pm at home, 7pm in Perth.

I watched the elderly lady whilst we ate our meals.
She greeted every single person that came by her restaurant; I don’t think that anyone kept walking. Everyone took up the offer of a table at her restaurant.
She interacted with all of her staff, some gave her hugs, and some just listened and nodded.
She was praising them or letting them know what they could do better, but no one would know if they were being berated.

As each table was served their meals, she would follow on with cracked pepper or cheese, but if she saw someone walking past she would delegate that role onto someone else so that she didn’t miss out on the people passing’s patronage. She wandered over to our table and looked at what we had ordered, and knew my meal even though I had changed it from what was listed on the menu.
She engaged with every one of the restaurants diners and continued to interact with her staff the whole time we were there.

This woman had to have been 70-75 years old.
Her commitment and passion to something that was very dear to her was amazing.

What I found more amazing that what she did was observed not only by her customers but also by the team of staff that were working with her. They in turn made certain that the service they offered was just as good.
You could see that they were satisfied in their roles and where they were employed, they were happy to come to work each day and portray what their leader did as an example.

If you get the opportunity to eat here do so, the food is great, the service is great also.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I had my birthday dinner last week at Sorrentino. Me and my partner ordered the Gamberi Sorrento, a beautifully cooked prawn dish as entrée. For mains we both had Linguine Primavera and Fettuccine Pollo. They were also good choices. As we had reserved a table, we got a quiet corner and the time we went in, the restaurant was just getting warmed up.

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Very friendly staff. The service was very good which is unusual for Perth. The food was exactly what we were expecting from a casual Italian restaurant in Northbridge. This is a real "holiday feeling" restaurant, great for warm evenings.