“Without a doubt the best restaurant we've ever eaten at.”
Review of Friends Restaurant

Friends Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1,369 Restaurants in Perth
Price range: US$20 - US$60
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: East Perth
Description: Multi award winning fine dining, special occasion Restaurant with a 3 Michelin star experienced chef.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Without a doubt the best restaurant we've ever eaten at.”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My wife and I booked a table at Friends restaurant for our wedding anniversary after moving to Australia. We absolutely love it here and wont eat anywhere else when celebrating the best day of our lives.

The food is outstanding, the staff are outstanding and the wine is... Outstanding! Everything on the plate is cooked to perfection (We especially like the chefs compliments that come at the start of the meal, and between starter, main and dessert). We were just there recently and the pork belly was just to die for! Melt in the mouth meat with a crisp crackling. The menu choices are great, the only problem is choosing what you want.

Eating here is relaxed and not rushed like you can find in "in and out" restaurants. The staff are so friendly and helpful, and treat you like you are the only people in the restaurant. It's also nice to see the owners walking the floor, and always more than happy to pour your drink and have a quick chat.

The wine list is the best I've seen (I really like my reds), and I can't wait for the day I can order a bottle of the 1990 Penfolds Bin 95 Grange Shiraz... Just check the wine list and you will understand. :-)

This really is an amazing dinning experience, and we've dined in a lot of restaurants, in a lot of countries. Of course please decide for yourself... Our opinion is, you won't regret it.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Stayedinalotofhotels

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Perth
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This is a really nice restaurant with good atmosphere, food and service. The restaurant is well presented and the people who run the business are friendly and helpful. I have been to this restaurant several times for lunch and once for dinner. The degustation dinner menu was altered to suit my diet and there is never any problem for vegetarian dishes. I am happy to recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“great food and service”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We had dinner at Friends in May when we got a chance to visit Perth. What a beautiful experience, the food and wine was amazing. We're keep talking about steak and salad.
We were treated like VIPS by the friendly staff and felt very special all night.
The price is reasonable and the view of the river was really lovely.
Highly recommend Friends Restaurant for anyone looking for a special dining experience.

Visited May 2013
Perth, Australia
“Fantastic food and service”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The food and service at "Friends" was excellent. We were celebrating an anniversary and were surprised to an receive an unexpected acknowledgement of that from the chef. Complimentary nibbles before starters and after dessert were nice touches. Only fault is that the decor needs updating.

Visited October 2013
Perth, Australia
“See you again soon”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I've just booked Christmas Day lunch at Friends again after going there for more years than I can remember. It really is like lunch with friends the way Clyde and Lesley and staff look after us. We have some special dietary requests and Lesley and Chef go out of their way to design a menu for us. As a vegetarian it's hard to find anything but pasta and risotto in many of Perth's top restaurants but at Friends I can enjoy something different and innovative. Even with a full crowd the ambiance is nurturing and enjoyable and the service never falters. Had a few fun nights on their 'show' nights too so can recommend that as good time too. Thanks Clyde and Lesley - Christmas just wouldn't be the same without you!

• Visited December 2012