“Just too expensive to enjoy it!!!”
Review of Friends Restaurant

Friends Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1,425 Restaurants in Perth
Price range: US$19 - US$57
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: East Perth
Description: Multi award winning fine dining, special occasion Restaurant with a 3 Michelin star experienced chef.
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Can't see why it was sooo expensive. Yes, good food, service and location however the price was just too high to make it an enjoyable experience.
Coming from Sydney and used to expensive places, this Friends restaurant is more expensive by far that what you find in the best restaurants in Australia...
Hard to find any way when you get there, you see the restaurant but you struggle to get to it.
Not coming back.

1  Thank TrevelerFB2008

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I treated our mothers to a special Mothers Day lunch at Friends.
From the moment we arrived Clyde and Lesley and the staff at Friends treated us like royalty.
The menu was delicious especially the Wagu beef, and the wines that Clyde recommended were simply amazing!
The atmosphere was classy and I would highly recommend Friends Restaurant and we can't wait to return again.

Thank you for a unforgettable day!

1  Thank shellbell55
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My husband and I went here for dinner a couple of weeks ago & were treated to an excellent meal and service.
The value for money is what I would have expected, the meal was delicious and the wines delightful, picked on Clyde's recommendation, right down to the Pedro Ximenez sherry which we enjoyed with our coffee. Lucky we had a taxi booked to get home!
I would definitely recommend Friends Restaurant for that special dinner, when you don't want to break the bank. Next time we will look at one of the special meals with live musical entertainment.

2  Thank Jenny6102
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Went there for mothers day lunch had the set menu which had a choice between a chicken terrine and tuna tatare both were very good for mains i had the wagu beef which was excellent my wife had the barramundi also very good
The service was excellent from Bevan and his staff a good old fashioned restaurant definitely worth a visit

1  Thank RobertMPerth
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We went to the restaurant for business/family dinner, a party of 9. For aperitif, we ordered a few beers and Leeuwin Estate Chardonay 2003, the wine appeared after a long interval. the first bottle was excellent, we ordered a 2nd of the same and it was disappointing. The Maitre'D said it was due to bottle variation, well we did not finish and the restaurant was good enough not to charge for this bottle.
After spending 3 days in Margaret River, I was looking forward to more fine dining. I ordered the Merron and lamb rack. Perhaps it was my fault not to ask the prep method, the Merron turned out to be a cold dish served in a liquid gel. The lamb was cooked well but the flavours did not impress.
From my experience, I have no intention of returning.

Clyde B, Owner at Friends Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Disappointed to read this review & sorry that this client chose a dish that wasn't to their liking. The entree that is complained about is clearly described in the menu as " Chilled Manjimup marron and parsnip in sweet tomato jelly, confit of cherry tomato in mint syrup". I fail to see why this dish was "a shock" as it has been a popular choice. We always wish to please everybody & are disappointed when this is not the case. Just like the $160 bottle of wine that was different to the first one that we did not charge for, we would have courteously offered a replacement dish to their liking so that a customer left our restaurant happy.