“Greedy rip off owner!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Greedy rip off owner!”
Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

We went with friends,and was extremely disappointed ! Firstly I had an elastic band in my food which I brought to the attention of the owner ,but no apology not even any acknowledgement !our friends ordered potatoes and veggies with their food and we ordered salad and garlic bread for our meal ,we didn't get the salad until after we had finished our meals so we told the waiter its to late for the salad we are finished.We were all charged per head for the veggies ,potatoes and garlic bread even though two of us didn't order these.Also corkage is charged for every person even if your only drinking water ,as the owner said he has to charge for the waiters to polish the glasses!!! He said its only a few dollars .So this restaurant is a COMPLETE RIP OFF!!and I wouldn't recommend at all.

Visited May 2013
4 Thank Alicia133

Wanneroo, Australia
“Always delicious”
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I've been coming to this restaurant for the last 14 years and it remains in a time warp,which is a good thing.The food is always honest and delicious.A platefull of food with the tastiest of sauces.
I have brought many friends here and recommended it and have never been let down.
The service can be a little slow,the decor dated but the food is out of this world.BYO as well.
Try the fillet mignon, you won't try better.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Gary F
Perth, Australia
“My fav restaurant for duck!”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Have been to La Cascade at least once a year- over the past 20 plus years- and just love the baby duck in grand mariner sauce- so delicious. Set menu is a reasonable price- shame it doesn't come with the veggies which are extra. Would only recommend the set dinner menu - a la carte is too $.
Decor is very dated- but go there for the food and my fix of the delicious food.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Mikel123
Cairns
“First time there in years”
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We dined at La Cascade this week - our first time there in 5 years. It's an oldie, but a goody. But we noticed a steep jump in prices. We opted for the 3-course dinner @ $65 which is still good value. But beware of dining a la carte! $45 for average main courses, which come without potatoes or vegetables. Sorry, but $45 for one lamb shank looking lonely on a plate it pushing it. I had the rack of lamb, which at a la carte prices is also around $45 for 5 lamb racks without vegetables. La Cascade was one of my favourites when I lived in Perth, hence the return for "old times sake" - but we won't hurry back.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank BeachbumsCairns
Perth
“An oldy but a goody.”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We use to be regulars at this restaurant back in the 80's. Whent a few times in the early naughtiest so it was with mixed emotion when9 of us ventured last Saturday. What a treat. Not much has changed in the layout nor the quality and value. We went for set price with an enormous choice of entree, main and desert. Food was all delivered to table at same time and the quality was first class.
It's byo all alcohol which is great.
We had a great time and will be back.

• Visited December 2012