My family and I stayed at the Auckland City Hotel from Oct 11th to Oct 14th 2010. We had a two bedroom suite which was very large and very good value for money. Better still, the hoteliers allowed us into the room earlier than the normal check-in time which was very helpful as we flew into NZ from the UK at 6am and were exhausted.
The suite was well equipped and the washing machine a Godsend. Rooms were however very cold with single glazing and only two plug in heaters for the whole suite. The cleaners neglected to come to the room once without us having to call down and request them. In four days they managed to come to the suite twice and each time we had to nag as kitchen bins needed emptying etc. Our only other negative comment about the suite is that it is lacking somewhere to eat - no kitchen table & chairs but this is a minor niggle as there were two, two-seater sofas.
The hotel is quite central and most places are within walking distance which makes the city easy to navigate from there. There is a small restaurant attached to the hotel which was adequate and food OK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1912, The year of the Titanic, was when the lobby and entrance of the Auckland City Hotel - Hobson St was originally erected. The hotel has retained the character and charm of its past enhanced with a new building housing 138 rooms with contemporary decor and modern conveniences. The Auckland City Hotel is ideally located at 157 Hobson Street - in the heart of Auckland's entertainment and business district with easy access to motorways. Only five minute's walk to the Sky Tower, Aotea Square, Civic Theatre and Queen Street, the Auckland City Hotel offers convenient, environmentally friendly accommodation for business and leisure travelers alike. Enjoy a meal at hotel Cafe & Restaurant, renew with a read of the Word for Today in our rooms or relax with a workout at our offsite gym and swimming pool, the Auckland City Hotel is called to serve more than just your accommodation needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda and Hotelopia so you can book your Auckland City Hotel-Hobson St reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auckland City Hotel-Hobson St Hotel Auckland Central
- Auckland City Hotel-Hobson St New Zealand