We spent 2 nights here in a double room at the beginning of our stay in New Zealand. Honestly, this hostel is great, relaxed, and charming. At some times, we were feeling like in a bed and breakfast thanks to the decoration and atmosphere.
The bedrooms and bathrooms are clean. The kitchen is huge and has got plenty of equipments. The staff is friendly : the person that checked us in also gave us a tour of the hostel, which was really nice from her.
About the location : it is not right in the middle of Auckland but if you don’t mind walking it’s only a 15 minutes walk to the city centre. And anyway, the neighborhood is quite vibrant too.
I would definitely stay here again if I had to go back to NZ.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Verandahs Backpackers comprises of 2 beautiful Victorian Villa's built in late 1800's and early 1900's, renovated to surpass their original grandeur. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Verandahs Backpackers Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Verandahs Backpackers Hotel Auckland Central
- Verandahs Backpackers Lodge Auckland, New Zealand