Was really glad I stayed here on ponsonby road rather than the CBD. Area has lots of shopping and restaurants. Clean rooms and very friendly owner who gave me several excellent restaurant recommendations (go to williamsons for breakfast I liked it so much I went twice).
Very laid back place, plenty of kitchen space, was clean but showers were a bit dark and shared.
The only drawback was that reception has limited hours I arrived at 6:45 AM and had to wait in the commons room before they came, also when the owner is helping someone else you have to wait. But would definitely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Verandahs Backpackers comprises of 2 beautiful Victorian Villa's built in late 1800's and early 1900's, renovated to surpass their original grandeur. Unfortunately our hostel is not suitable for children under the age of 14. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your Verandahs Backpackers Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Verandahs Backpackers Hotel Auckland Central
- Verandahs Backpackers Lodge Auckland, New Zealand