What a great hostel. Verandahs is right off trendy Ponsonby road, just far enough up the hill to be out of the downtown touristy area but a quick and enjoyable walk to both. The harbour and the Art Gallery and the Museum and even Queen St. The hostel backs on to a beautiful park. If you step out on to the back Verandahs you can see downtown and the Skytower which is lit up like a rainbow at night.
Each room(I've stayed in four so far) has a non working but atmospheric fireplace and there are no bunks. Plenty of toilet/shower combo rooms. The kitchen sitting areas are the best I've seen in any hostel. Hot water on demand for coffee and tea and a filtered cold water tap. The back lawn is quiet and green with lots of trees. Very well decorated.
I'm a happy hosteller
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Verandahs Backpackers comprises of 2 beautiful Victorian Villa's built in late 1800's and early 1900's, renovated to surpass their original grandeur. Unfortunately our hostel is not suitable for children under the age of 14. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your Verandahs Backpackers Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Verandahs Backpackers Hotel Auckland Central
- Verandahs Backpackers Lodge Auckland, New Zealand