This is the place I would recommend to my friends when staying in Auckland.
We were there for three separate nights and we always felt a kind of relief and comfort when arriving to Verandahs from other hostels in Auckland area.
Pros and cons:
+ nice Victorian building facing the park, including outside area and balconies.
+ close to the city center, next to the Ponsonby road (good eating and shopping)
+ quiet stylish corridors with thick noise-insulating carpet
+ nicely decorated clean rooms, the twin room we stayed in with enough space, the double really spatious
+ well maintained
+ clean showers, big and clean kitchen
+ great lounge in the main building
- some light coming from the corridor to the room through the above-door window, even with drapes on. Just a small issue for light-sleepers like me ;-)
Would stay there again anytime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Verandahs Backpackers comprises of 2 beautiful Victorian Villa's built in late 1800's and early 1900's, renovated to surpass their original grandeur. Unfortunately our hostel is not suitable for children under the age of 14. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Verandahs Backpackers Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Verandahs Backpackers Hotel Auckland Central
- Verandahs Backpackers Lodge Auckland, New Zealand