Location is spot on - just off Ponsonby Road, with its great collection of shops, cafés and bars.
Parking was better than expected - Verandahs had about 7 or 8 spaces which were free and had no time limit. There is also free, 2 hr parking on the street.
The staff were friendly and helpful.
The wifi was quite costly, but found it to be pretty fast and reliable.
Double room was spacious with lots of natural light. The relaxing verandas were a great sun trap.
Bathroom facilities clean and didn't have to wait.
Kitchen large and well equipped, nice lounge area.
Good value for money.
Also, can recommend Freeman and Grey just around the corner on Ponsonby Road - $4 pizza between 12-2pm and 5-7.30pm. They're bigger and tastier than you'd expect for $4!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Verandahs Backpackers comprises of 2 beautiful Victorian Villa's built in late 1800's and early 1900's, renovated to surpass their original grandeur. Unfortunately our hostel is not suitable for children under the age of 14. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HostelWorld and Ebookers so you can book your Verandahs Backpackers Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Verandahs Backpackers Hotel Auckland Central
- Verandahs Backpackers Lodge Auckland, New Zealand