The best hostel I ever stayed in! Been there twice, in March and April 2014.
First of all, the whole hostel is clean, tidy and furnished more like someone's home rather than a hostel. The beds are supersize, compared to any other hostel as are the showers/toilets. The manager(s) are very helpful and friendly and even gave us a tour of the hostel. The kitchen in the second house has got everything you need for cooking, with the big, cozy living room next to it. If you are sick of sightseeing, you can relax in the nice garden. The harbour, my favourite place in Auckland is a 30 minute walk away, or a mere 10 minutes by bus. You have to walk approximately 20 mins to get to the nearest supermarket (New World).
For me, this hostel really felt like a home away from home and was a perfect beginning and end to our New Zealand Trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Verandahs Backpackers comprises of 2 beautiful Victorian Villa's built in late 1800's and early 1900's, renovated to surpass their original grandeur. Unfortunately our hostel is not suitable for children under the age of 14. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, HostelWorld and Agoda so you can book your Verandahs Backpackers Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Verandahs Backpackers Hotel Auckland Central
- Verandahs Backpackers Lodge Auckland, New Zealand