I stayed here in a three bedroom dorm for 17 nights. I wanted somewhere quiet because I was studying, and this place was perfect! Lovely location, really close to the city and cafes. The staff were excellent!! so nice and helpful. The kitchen was incredible, heaps more facilities then what I have encountered at other backpackers- people were cooking roasts, baking cakes and bread on a daily basis! Big pantry and a few fridges meant I never was in need of space for my three bags of food. Very clean, the bathrooms were always tidy and I never ran out of hot water. The only small downside is the internet, the wifi was not great. Drops out a bit and you have to pay for it. But, was a small inconveince in an otherwise pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Verandahs Backpackers comprises of 2 beautiful Victorian Villa's built in late 1800's and early 1900's, renovated to surpass their original grandeur. Unfortunately our hostel is not suitable for children under the age of 14. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Odigeo, Agoda, Ebookers and Hotels.com so you can book your Verandahs Backpackers Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Verandahs Backpackers Hotel Auckland Central
- Verandahs Backpackers Lodge Auckland, New Zealand