“Poor service, very basic”

Waldorf Tetra Serviced Apartments
Ranked #25 of 108 Speciality Lodging in Auckland
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Poor service, very basic”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

To begin with, they didn't put much effort into welcoming me to the hotel and the unacceptable service continued. The TV didn't work and after calling reception with no answer I went to reception and asked for it to be fixed. No one ever came to fix it. The next morning I explained what had happened and was made to feel like it was my fault it didn't work. I asked for some type of compensation and was rudely told that he would speak to the manager. I unfortunately had a room booked for the second night and when I returned to the hotel the reason was the a plug wasn't in porperly - not my fault although it was made to feel that way. I was rudely told that the room hadn't been paid for which surprised me since paypal had said the debit had come from my account. Finally I met the manager who was patronising but eventually agreed to wipe the car parking fee to cover the TV fault.
In summary - bad service, average room, no facecloths or complementary toiletries, poor up keep (curtains off the run). Not what the pictures would tell you!

Room Tip: 1 bedroom room has two bathrooms if you want a second bed in the lounge. 2 bedroom rooms has only o...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Katie C
WaldorfApartments, Manager at Waldorf Tetra Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Katie C,

Thank for your reveiew. I am very disappointed to hear about your bad experince with us. This is not our normal operating standards. Let me assure you that we have taken all measure action to make sure that this dosen't happen in future.

We would like you to give us another chance to show you our best service and to ensure you that this not our operating standard. Please send me an email on tetrapm@waldorf.co.nz when visiting Auckland next time.

Kind regards

Ajit Gill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Canberra, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

These apartments have been well designed and built and then neglected by incompetent management.
The one bedroom apartment smelled badly until I realised it was dirty rancid oil accumulated in the cooker fan filter that obviously had not been cleaned for many weeks. I spent an hour scrubbing it with my own shower soaps - the office was closed - to get rid of the smell.
The lounge settee was filthy as well so I layed a towel over it before sitting down.
Of the four days I was there the lifts were out of action for two full days - I was on the seventh floor and I am partially disabled so it took me more 15 minutes each time to climb painfully up the stairs.

Lots of promises and apologies to fix it but little genuine action. Sack the manager

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
2 Thank Wayne H
Dear Wayne H,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us . Guest feedback is very important to us and all comments, both positive and negative, are taken very seriously.

Please accept my sincere apologies for disappointing aspects of your stay. I would love to have you come back and give us another chance to prove that this is not our operating standard. Do not hesitate to contact me directly at tetrapm@waldorf.co.nz if you might reconsider staying with us again in the future so I can ensure you a more comfortable stay.

Kind regards

Ajit Gill

Travellers are raving about these Auckland hotels

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Nice accommodation in a very good Auckland city location.good value and very clean and well furnished one bedroom hotel apartment.nice coffee shop very goof value for Auckland dhort stay.it was very close to the university so it was quite suitable

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Goular
Otago Region, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

I didn't realise that this was an unserviced apartment. Three nights & no rubbish collection or towels etc. Parking was around the block & didn't open until after I wanted to leave.
Not suitable for a business traveler but maybe suits a backpacker holiday maker.

2 Thank workineverywhere
Napier, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

I'm not a big fan of Auckland anyway but I spent 3 nights and found it to be better than I thought. The room met my needs as I only needed a place to stay not live. It had everything I needed. My days were full on so each night I slept really well. All the utilities were working fine and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Canberra, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

This was a small hotel room with a kitchen sink in it -- think "hotel" with do-it-yourself cleaning.

Bathroom: previous guests' hair; Soap in shower was a hand-soap dispenser. Shower did not drain (had to turn off and step out and wait to avoid flooding bathroom). Bathroom sink bench wobbled.
Bedroom: not serviced during the stay (no clean sheets, no clean towels). Reception is off the street on "level 1" and we stayed on "ground" (basement?). No air conditioning (there was a portable fan in the room, with a clock-work "off" after 2 hours). Had to leave bedroom windows open all night to get any air.
Breakfast: cafe next door, where only non-fried option is muesli.
Have recommended to my company to never book staff here again.

2 Thank FrequentTraveller375
Noumea, New Caledonia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

I spent two nights in a two bedrooms appartment in familly, with 2 young children.
The kitchen is well equipped with everything you need, it was clean and spacious enough for us.
The only inconvenient wih two young children is that it is located uphill; and you have to climb the street from Queen's street.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family