“Excellent Experience and Stay!”

Waldorf Tetra Serviced Apartments
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed here for a week during Burno Mars concert - had a wonderful experience, polite staff, excellent management. Its close to the city, the rooms are very clean and spacious. Had booked a one bedroom appartment with two bathrooms, got good facilities.

Room Tip: One bedroom appartment are good and have two bathrooms.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Waldorf Tetra Serviced Apartments

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Very central Auckland location near Queen Street and the Universities areas of Auckland.Very clean nad sapcious 1 bedroom with 2 bathroom serviced apartment based on a bargain valur weekly rate.Has good internet and average Gym on the ground fllor.Secured place to satay for females and good onsite management- recommended by me

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2014

To begin with, they didn't put much effort into welcoming me to the hotel and the unacceptable service continued. The TV didn't work and after calling reception with no answer I went to reception and asked for it to be fixed. No one ever came to fix it. The next morning I explained what had happened and was made to feel like it was my fault it didn't work. I asked for some type of compensation and was rudely told that he would speak to the manager. I unfortunately had a room booked for the second night and when I returned to the hotel the reason was the a plug wasn't in porperly - not my fault although it was made to feel that way. I was rudely told that the room hadn't been paid for which surprised me since paypal had said the debit had come from my account. Finally I met the manager who was patronising but eventually agreed to wipe the car parking fee to cover the TV fault.
In summary - bad service, average room, no facecloths or complementary toiletries, poor up keep (curtains off the run). Not what the pictures would tell you!

Room Tip: 1 bedroom room has two bathrooms if you want a second bed in the lounge. 2 bedroom rooms has only o...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Katie C
WaldorfApartments, Manager at Waldorf Tetra Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Katie C,

Thank for your reveiew. I am very disappointed to hear about your bad experince with us. This is not our normal operating standards. Let me assure you that we have taken all measure action to make sure that this dosen't happen in future.

We would like you to give us another chance to show you our best service and to ensure you that this not our operating standard. Please send me an email on tetrapm@waldorf.co.nz when visiting Auckland next time.

Kind regards

Ajit Gill

Reviewed 18 March 2014

These apartments have been well designed and built and then neglected by incompetent management.
The one bedroom apartment smelled badly until I realised it was dirty rancid oil accumulated in the cooker fan filter that obviously had not been cleaned for many weeks. I spent an hour scrubbing it with my own shower soaps - the office was closed - to get rid of the smell.
The lounge settee was filthy as well so I layed a towel over it before sitting down.
Of the four days I was there the lifts were out of action for two full days - I was on the seventh floor and I am partially disabled so it took me more 15 minutes each time to climb painfully up the stairs.

Lots of promises and apologies to fix it but little genuine action. Sack the manager

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Wayne H

Dear Wayne H,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us . Guest feedback is very important to us and all comments, both positive and negative, are taken very seriously.

Please accept my sincere apologies for disappointing aspects of your stay. I would love to have you come back and give us another chance to prove that this is not our operating standard. Do not hesitate to contact me directly at tetrapm@waldorf.co.nz if you might reconsider staying with us again in the future so I can ensure you a more comfortable stay.

Kind regards

Ajit Gill

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Nice accommodation in a very good Auckland city location.good value and very clean and well furnished one bedroom hotel apartment.nice coffee shop very goof value for Auckland dhort stay.it was very close to the university so it was quite suitable

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Goular
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I didn't realise that this was an unserviced apartment. Three nights & no rubbish collection or towels etc. Parking was around the block & didn't open until after I wanted to leave.
Not suitable for a business traveler but maybe suits a backpacker holiday maker.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank workineverywhere
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I'm not a big fan of Auckland anyway but I spent 3 nights and found it to be better than I thought. The room met my needs as I only needed a place to stay not live. It had everything I needed. My days were full on so each night I slept really well. All the utilities were working fine and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo