We were to stay for 5 months but we vacated not even completing 2 weeks. we had paid 2 weeks of rent in advance 3 days for rent since they would not refund.
As soon as we entered apartment, I and my hubby had to clean every nook and corner
for 2 hours. we stayed in 413. the kitchen is very very small. if you are staying for long term, please dont go there. We are now in Waldorf St Martins, for same price we have got 2 times bigger, clean, spacious, a balcony.
to start with we got some black stains on the floor of kitchen and bathroom. almost all utensils were greasy and had food stuck on it. wonder had they really got them cleaned. the cushion was torn. the fridge of smelling and had stains all over it. the carpet was so greasy that we both never walked on it barefooted. we had to always wear slippers(pathetic). curtains were stained by some spill. the sofa looked dirty. the apartment had stink of cigarette and cigarette buds on window pane. (i have attached photo unfortunately i only have this photo)
worst of all, there is ICONZ office beside apartment, you hear generator sound all the day and night. its summer here, if windows are kept open, the sound the is so high that you can hardly sleep. if window is closed, there is no air to breathe.
they show you a different apartment than what they would lend you. which happened in our case.
at the end of your stay, they collect money for replacing bulbs and get a professional cleaning of apartment. however, 3 bulbs were not working when we checked in and as said apartment was not at all clean. many cutlery items are broken and hardly any cooking spoons or utensils.
when we were vacating, the manager there asked us to clean the apartment before leaving. that was rude becoz when we came in, we cleaned and they were even taking money from us to get cleaned. then, why should we clean before leaving since it was not when we checked in there.
we did not get any proper response to our complaints. they did not bother to act on whatever we said. they were rude.
Please check for other options before going there. we are now staying in Waldorf St martins, 3 min away from Waldorf tetra. it is spacious, for same rate as waldorf tetra, with a swimming pool, gym, cafe, calm, clean, bright.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Tetra offers affordable self-contained apartment accommodation in central Auckland. Located within walking distance to Auckland and AUT Universities it is a great location for students as well as tourists, as all of Auckland CBD's main attractions are easily accessible from the Waldorf Tetra. In room kitchenette's allow guests to self-cater with cutlery and cooking utensils provided in room. Guests can purchase groceries from one of the local markets to cook in-room or enjoy experiencing some of the great fine or casual dining options available throughout Auckland City. Conveniently located on the ground floor of Waldorf Tetra is a cafe serving breakfast Monday to Friday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Waldorf Tetra Serviced Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tetra Waldorf Budget Apartments Hotel Auckland Central
- Waldorf Tetra Serviced Apartments Auckland, New Zealand