City Travellers Auckland
US$232
US$214
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Parnell Pines Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$71
Good 3.5/5
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$151
CrownePlaza.com
  • Room Service
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$184
US$173
Hotel DeBrett(Auckland Central)
US$290
US$247
  • Breakfast included
Tudor Court Motor Lodge(Auckland Central)
US$108
US$96
Good 3.5/5
Pullman Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$149
Heritage Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$229
US$142
US$198
US$148
  • Restaurant
Kiwi International Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$55
US$53
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I'm over from South Africa (have been here for a month) and wanted to surprise my wife for her birthday and take her away for a few nights. Due to excahange rate we looked for something cost effective and ended up booking with them. I did call a couple times before making a booking about a few queries.

I made my depoist and a few days before being due to book in called to ask if we could park there early and spend time in town before booking in, only at this stage was I advised that there was no parking so I had to park at a parking lot, this cost per day was almost the same as my room. We therefore could not afford to make the trip anymore.

I feel that this could have been conveyed more clearly on the website or to me when calling for my various queries.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2013

I went to a concert at Vector Arena, and booked with City Travellers because it was nearby.
Although the staff were pleasant and easy to deal with, the room had clearly not been cleaned, a few strands of hair were clearly visible on the floor, which left me wondering if the sheets had been changed since it's last guests!
Also, I paid a 10% deposit on booking, but had to be given another room because of some problem with the one I booked, the deposit is non-refundable, so even though I had to stay in a cheaper room, I still paid the deposit for the original room which cost more, which was annoying to say the least.

All in all, a great location handy to Vector Arena, and very cheap, but it would definitely be worth the extra walk and extra money to book elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Dirty and filthy. I am no clean freak but I doubt my room was cleaned at all. Possibly vacumed. Had to wait half an hour to check in because reception staffer was eating dinner ( informed of this by another man drinking a beer). This was 5 o'clock reception closes at 6. When I left about six guests waiting while being informed that reception guy was just having a smoke! Don't bother staying, mould and dirt in my room. Big hole in the bench where cook top should be, only 2 lights worked no lights in kitchen.

Room Tip: Don't bother.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2013

As soon as we walked in to our room there was distinct stale smell of cigarette smoke which made us think that the previous occupants had been smoking freely in the room during their stay.
We also found the bathroom smell quite disgusting and severely lacking in ventilation. If a bathroom is not ventilated especially when there is a shower in use, over time this creates surface mould. Needles to say our shower had clear evidence of this.
The kitchen area and appliances were filthy, and upon looking out on the windowsills, we found the immediate area covered in mould. Undoubtedly we had to breath all these germs in during our stay.
The basement laundry room is nothing short of an electrical and health hazard with loose plug sockets hanging off the wall and the walls themselves completely covered in mounds of dirt and severe mould. While staying at the hotel (After reading through the hotel complaints on different websites) we quickly learned that it is not worth complaining to staff on site, as they basically do, or can't do, nothing.
Also during our stay, my partners health and my health had been affected to an extent that we both suffered from very sore throats, and sneezing. I would hate to think what other airborne infections we could have caught if we stayed in that room for longer!!. Our memories won't forget the utterly dirty and uncomfortable stay we had at CTA. We can certainly say that we will never stay at the CTA again. I sincerley suggest you, the fellow traveller, take heed of this review, and stay somewhere else in Auckland.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eamon9
Reviewed 4 February 2013

We are currently staying in the City Travellers and thoroughly enjoy our stay.

Location is excellent, less than 5 mins walk to Queen Street and 5 mins walk to Harbour and vector arena.

Rooms: very large and spacious, with adequate cooking facilities. Fridge, stove top, microwave, kettle toaster ect. The bathroom are also enough shower, sink toilet. What more do you need?

Staff: staff are very friendly especially Ranz and the curly haired guy who cleans. And catered to our needs all the time.

Overall if you want good location and a good space but dont want to pay huge hotel prices then stay here.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple