I travelled in NZ for some time, and stayed in several hostels before finding this one. This has the best atmosphere, furniture, room size, people, and price. After that all the long periods of time I would stay in Auckland earning some money, I always stayed at City Travellers Auckland. The rooms were a good size, with real mattresses, large closets, and a bureau. The kitchen and living areas were communal, however they were only shared with the other four or so rooms in the area you were staying. So it could be very intimate, and feel like a flat, but when I needed some socializing the fifth floor had a very large beautiful kitchen, and a balcony that people would congregate by and have some fun. Altogether I stayed at this hostel for 10 months, and I would never have gotten a flat for the same price, or all the experiences. Less than a 10 minute walk to Queen St. or K'rd, the two most popular travelling areas in the city, and less than 5 minute walk to a grocery store. Leaving City Travellers, I left life long friends you only meet when living together in somewhere you want to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- City Travellers is designed with the budget traveller in mind. If you’re looking for affordable accommodation in the centre of Auckland that is handy to all the excitement of the CBD, come and stay with us.We provide safe, cheap and conveniently located hostel accommodation for the budget conscious traveller who wants to be close to public transport, the Vector Arena and downtown Auckland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your City Travellers Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- City Travellers Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- City Travellers Auckland New Zealand