We stayed here with our 5 and 3 year old children for 4 nights upon arriving in Auckland and 1 night before leaving NZ. The rooms were clean, beds comfy, and bathrooms, towels etc well serviced. There's quite a lot of building around the area, so leaving the windows and doors open made for a bit of noise at night (though our preference as I hate air conditioning). The hotel website has clear information on parking (paid around corner), room size etc - not 5 star but they make no claims to have everything. We had our own portable dvd player for the kids as none is provided, but I believe you can hire one from reception (NZ TV not really geared for little kids).
There's a great Vietnamese restaurant at the bottom of the hotel that has mains for around $10, and across the road is a terrific pizza/pasta place "Pizza Fresco" that has really good woodfire pizzas and homemade pasta sauces that the kids loved. There's also the very handy Countdown supermarket just down the road and several good (but pricey) cafes for a decent coffee. The gym is ok, has all the main equipment.
It's about a 15-20 min pleasant walk down to the Viaduct and slightly less to the ferry terminals. The motorways are quite handy with exits/entrances not far away.
I'd definitely recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Stadium is the Waldorf Group's premiere apartment hotel in New Zealand. Situated in the heart of Auckland City, these luxury self contained apartments offer guests high quality accommodation close to all of the attractions Auckland City has to offer. Self cater in your spacious apartment, with a large 24hr Supermarket located across the road from Waldorf Stadium, or enjoy one of the many dining options Auckland City has to offer. Britomart, just 400m away is Auckland's newest entertainment precinct and is home to boutique and international fashion stores, and some of the best restaurants and bars the city has to offer. Vector Arena Auckland's 12,000 seat venue is a short stroll from Waldorf Stadium, as are the recently developed Waterfront areas, Queen Street and Auckland's Transport Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotelopia, TravelUp, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stadium Waldorf Apartments Auckland
- Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel Auckland, New Zealand