We stayed at these apartments after my husband had actually spent a very good stay here for the world cup in a 1 bed apartment. However, our return visit was as a family with our toddler. We booked a 2 bed apartmment so we could all get some rst and not have to creep around the place! However beware. The 2nd bedroom is actually wedged between the master bedroom and the bathroom, is as wide as a queen bed with a tiny gap to shuffle into the bed, and is prctically windowless - oh except for the sliding glass door which has a curtain which is their substutute for a door to the second bedroom. No doubt to mak up for the fact that without it the room would be completely depressing.
However the sliding door isn't sound prof. You can hear everything in the lounge and as a result is completely unsuitable for a family in my opinion.
Staff helpfully told me that yes it's not a good solution for a second bedroom, and showed me a 3 bed room as an alternative - then asked me to cough up an extra $150 (which they said was reduced!) to have the pleasure of a door on our second bedroom.
So we moved our chld into the master bedroom (the room with a door) and shifted the furniture around to make it safe for her.
Finally anyone staying here over the next 6 months or so should be aware that a large building is being errected next door and as the staff cheerily advised "oh yes they begin at aou 6.30am". Charming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Stadium is the Waldorf Group's premiere apartment hotel in New Zealand. Situated in the heart of Auckland City, these luxury self contained apartments offer guests high quality accommodation close to all of the attractions Auckland City has to offer. Self cater in your spacious apartment, with a large 24hr Supermarket located across the road from Waldorf Stadium, or enjoy one of the many dining options Auckland City has to offer. Britomart, just 400m away is Auckland's newest entertainment precinct and is home to boutique and international fashion stores, and some of the best restaurants and bars the city has to offer. Vector Arena Auckland's 12,000 seat venue is a short stroll from Waldorf Stadium, as are the recently developed Waterfront areas, Queen Street and Auckland's Transport Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stadium Waldorf Apartments Auckland
- Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel Auckland, New Zealand