We spent 3 nights at this property and we had a few worries after reading previous reviews regarding building works being carried on at the rear of the property. Fortunately the neighbours have just about finished their building and we only heard a couple of hammers over the three days with no noise at all before 7.30 a.m. The room we had was at the rear of the property with a small balcony with views over a carpark to the harbour, where we could see ships unloading their cargo which made a nice distraction from the provided cable channels or included ethernet internet access in our room. The room was decorated well with a modern grey and black theme ( very Kiwi) The lounge area and main bedroom had large flat screen televisions. The living room had a 2 seater and single seater couch as well as a 4 seater table, not cramped at all. A full washer/dryer was located in the bathroom and the kitchen had a good sized fridge oven dishwasher and microwave. This was handy as there is a local large supermarket just 100 m around the corner open 24 hours and if we wanted to dine out there was everything from a greasy hamburger caravan to 5 star upmarket dining within 5 to 10 minutes walk. Speaking of walking we found it an easy walk to the main Queen St shopping locations and Starcity Tower with the museum also about a 15 minute walk in the other direction. A large number of car rental depots are also located on the same road which made our car pickup for the rest of our journey nice and easy. Their is a 24 hour reception and we always received a smile from them as we went through the foyer. The cleanliness of the room was exceptional and the no noise/parties policy seemed to keep the peace very well. We will certainly be returning on our next Auckland visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Stadium is the Waldorf Group's premiere apartment hotel in New Zealand. Situated in the heart of Auckland City, these luxury self contained apartments offer guests high quality accommodation close to all of the attractions Auckland City has to offer. Self cater in your spacious apartment, with a large 24hr Supermarket located across the road from Waldorf Stadium, or enjoy one of the many dining options Auckland City has to offer. Britomart, just 400m away is Auckland's newest entertainment precinct and is home to boutique and international fashion stores, and some of the best restaurants and bars the city has to offer. Vector Arena Auckland's 12,000 seat venue is a short stroll from Waldorf Stadium, as are the recently developed Waterfront areas, Queen Street and Auckland's Transport Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Hotelopia so you can book your Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stadium Waldorf Apartments Auckland
- Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel Auckland, New Zealand