“So close to Vector”

Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel
Ranked #19 of 67 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed one night for the Jason Derulo concert. So close to Vector Arena and great carpark right next door. Room was clean an tidy, no view but wasn't there for that.
Thanks to Harley for his great service. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
WaldorfApartments, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear Stacey G,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Waldorf Stadium apartments Hotel on Trip advisor.

I was delighted to read your feedback, and happy to hear that Harley met .We pride ourselves on excellent customer service - I will be sure to pass your comments on to Harley and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

There are newer reviews for Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Good central location, only a few minutes’ walk to the Viaduct, where you can find ample evening dining. A comprehensive supermarket is also just around the corner. We stayed in a family apt with 2 bedrooms, which was well appointed and perfect for us as a family of four. All in all a great accommodation option in Auckland. Having said that, I fundamentally struggle with surcharges levied for credit card payments on hotel accommodation. While not large in $$ terms, I find such practise annoying and therefore this combined with the fact that no free Wifi is provided (which I regard as a normal amenity in a 4+Star property), slightly reduces my rating of this property.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Kaehto,

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and took full advantage of our perfect location.I understand your disappointment about the 2% surcharge for the credit which is a general practise in all New Zealand hotel, this can be avoided if you wish to pay with eftpos or cash. Do try out our Business Class apartments next time which includes free internet, breakfast, anti-Pasto platter and wine during your entire stay.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Stayed at these apartments for our last two nights in New Zealand. I have to say that the apartments were beautifully clean. I booked a two bedroomed apartment for three adults. Therefore, I expected the apartment to be adequately furnished for 3-4 people. There was only two dining chairs for the dining table,not 3 or 4! The second bedroom (as stated in other reviews) was like a closet, very strange! a double bed that's it! No side table, lamp, draws, nothing and a sliding patio door for the door with a curtain going across - very claustrophobic. The main bedroom was OK along with the kitchen and bathroom. The living room - two seater settee and one armchair, very low and not very comfortable. Our apartment faced a multi-storey car park and there was lots of street noise both day and night, very surprised nothing was double glazed? We were charged $10 a day for the internet but complained as we were not always able to get a constant connection. I was informed that because our room was behind the lift shaft this would be the problem and was given a full refund. The location was good. Would I stay again? Sorry but no, I have stayed in less expensive accommodation with more character, this apartment lacked something, not sure what, it seemed very clinical and I did not like what they classed as a second bedroom at all. Based on this I would not return nor recommend the apartments either, sorry.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank DerbyCazza

Dear Derbycazza,

My team and I are disappointed that you had a less enjoyable stay with us. I understand that in our standard two bedroom apartments the second bedroom has a sliding glass door and smaller in size which is liked by a lot of our guests for its contemporary design, but we do have a variety of other two bedroom units with different configuration which you must stay in the next time you in Auckland.

Feedback is extremely important to us and I will definitely ensure that the relevant teams receive your comments regarding the furnishings and internet signal.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and please do contact me directly next time so that I can personally make the booking to suit your needs.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Stayed here in Feb for a show I was in at Vector Arena. Really great apartments with lots of space and a balcony too. Super close to Vector and the Britomart area, could walk to all these places. Will definitely stay here again :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Antoinette905
Reviewed 1 May 2014

To celebrate our wedding anniversary, I booked us into Stadium apartment Hotel Auckland .an extra long weekend. After travelling all day from Wellington , we arrived suitably and were warmly welcomed . Very nice and modern accommodation with friendly staff. During our 3 night stay we found all staff to be very courteous & helpful. Our 1 bedroom hotel apartment was spacious & extremely comfortable. The location of the hotel is perfect -very central and near Auckland waterfront areamarina . Good breakfast daily and excellent value for the accommodation!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights. Check in very slow. housekeeping need more training, two cups dirty lipstick on it, two dirty plates in dishwasher and yellow stain one of the sheet on the bed. Reported one of the staff came back later in the evening nothing been done. Will never stay here again. Too bad very close to everything .

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Keita T
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Nice and central. Great for a family of 4 with a supermarket just round the corner. Central to everywhere. My only query is their claim to be wanting to care for the environment (save towels) - don't buy cheap whiteware then with a 1 star rating!

Stayed: May 2014