“Good value accommodation”

Ranked #18 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
Sydney, Australia
“Good value accommodation”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed for 2 nights at the end of May. We had a 2 bedroom apartment on the 8th floor. Both bedrooms had external windows and were a reasonable size and the bathroom was spacious.

The furnishings were good quality and comfortable although the sofa had slight damage.
The bathroom had a reasonable supply of toiletries, but shower gel would be welcome rather than the soap dispenser.

The apartment was very well equipped and was quiet overnight. There is the hum of traffic from early until late, but this is expected in a such a central location.

The apartment was very clean but we were disappointed that the room smelt of smoke after being closed up - we needed the windows open when we were there. The receptionist had offered to find us another room if necessary.
Our room was serviced on the 2nd day.
Friendly staff, both at reception & housekeeping.

Room Tip: Bedrooms with external windows, on a high floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Nelson Nz
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Booked a 2 bedroom apartment through Expedia and got a lower rate than hotel offered direct.
Apartment small but very good value so close to city centre.
Lounge area quite roomy and full kitchen facilities. Bedrooms small especially second one but adequate.
Has a balcony.
Easy access to restaurants, rentals cars etc.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed at the Waldorf Stadium for two nights, Saturday and Sunday. I have stayed, and happily a number of times however there were a number of issues for me during this stay. At 4 star and expensive for two nights I expected higher quality.

Check in was good. My credit card was requested for payment of the night not covered by the deposit. I was ok with that, although more used to paying on the way out. The receptionist was polite and helpful.
The room was less acceptable. There were holes in the covering and the chairs and sofa are none too clean. This was not a clean or two away from clean, but long term grime.

In the promo pictures, there is bedside lamp in the twin room. There was none in our twin room, creating inconvenience, including inability to read while the other occupant slept, and the need to navigate the room in the dark once the light was off. Additionally one bedroom room was an internal room with a partial glass wall at the top. When the light was on in that room it shone through the glass into the other bedroom.

The dispensers for hand cleaner and in the shower are simply awful. We did use the hand one, but the shower one….it's not 4 star. The only other place I've seen this is in the Ibis Luton. Two star. The shower one had mould around the dispenser button.

The apartment was not serviced, and when I queried this I was told it can be serviced on request every 4th day. This us advertised as serviced apartments, and I could not find anything on booking.com nor their web site to say they are only conditionally serviced.

On check out I was once again asked for my credit card to pay the other night. As I am not on internet banking for my credit card I could not check this and am currently awaiting the statement to ensure there has been no duplicate charge. An easy mistake but as the payer not a comfortable one, and one that places the onus on me, the customer, to follow up.

All in all this was not a good stay. My 8 year old niece commented on the lack of cleanliness and the holes in the furniture, and we certainly felt very let down indeed. I emailed the hotel for comment but had no reply.

Room Tip: Ask to see it first before you accept it.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Wreys Bush, Southland
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Well located. Car parking & swimming pool are in separate buildings. Apartment well set up but no draws in the bedrooms or hooks in the bathroom to hang towels. No clothes rack to hang clothes, only a rail behind the toilet. Good for families. Enjoyed the breakfast on offer.

Room Tip: Junior Suite 2 bedroom good size for a family.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Wreysbush
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

we booked via a travel agency so we were not sure what we will get.\We were pleasantly surprise as the rate were sharp and we did not expect such a quality accommodation. The location was very central yet quite and the 2 bedroom hotel suite very spacious modern and comfortable.\excellent choice for quality Auckland accommodation

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank solag88
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Great place to stay while in Auckland.good central location in the city..very luxurious but not too expensive,good size units and very helpfull staff.we had a very good 4 nights stay in a great city near the water front ofAuckland

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Galidabour
Whangarei, New Zealand
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My employer put me up here for 5 nights while I worked in Auckland. It's very modern and comfortable but for the cost you can do a lot better in Auckland. Good points: it's very central, the staff are very friendly and attentive, each apartment has a full laundry and a well equipped kitchen, the furnishings are top of the line and very new and the whole complex is very safe and secure. The "not so good points" ; if you are arriving by car the hotel car parking is very difficult to find (and you cannot park out front of the hotel unless you are extremely lucky to find a vacant metered space), once in the parking building it's still a long and awkward walk down then across to reception, no light over the vanity so women will find it difficult to do their makeup, the noise at night is significant ( bars and cafés out the back and the sound bounces upward between the concrete buildings), my paid for late checkout to 1.30pm following my having to work until 4.30am on the last night was disturbed by a staff member waking me at 11.0am wanting to know if I still required a late checkout(???!). Guests should also be aware that this is an apartment complex and the rooms are not serviced daily. All said my stay was enjoyable (despite being in Auckland for work) but I think that for the amount my employer paid to have me stay there I feel that there are better options in Auckland Central.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business