Ok this is the 1st time I have ever had to do this to hotel. I stay on average 60 -100 days away from home each year. So here is the honest truth. Lol where do I start?? This place is HORRIBLE!! FYI THEY OWN SCENE 1, 2, 3 and other Waldorf!!!!!!
Booking- easy, Confirmation-fine, Price-acceptable, Website-misleading, I will explain. Check in Website started Guarantee 2:00pm- not true, Rooms good size (I rented 3 bedroom) 2 doubles 1 single, Over all look of hotel-nice, Furniture up to date, lounge couch can act an another bed- good to know, Parking is in public car park that is NOT Camera or monitored, This has never been a concern for me before, but a MUST for car rental people or enthusiast that love their cars. Small kitchen- adequate Plates wine glasses and so on-, adequate. 1 bathroom no bath a washing machine and dryer, the gym-old, pool- doesn’t exist, in house restaurant- doesn’t exist location average. INTERNET $10hr!!!! Swipe card if lost !!!!!!!$500!!!!!!! per card!!!!
Now my experience, I came for work with my family 2 kids 2 adults, we woke up at 6:30am caught our flight on time and arrived at the hotel an hour early with a guaranteed check in of 2:00pm, we were told we had to wait, 2 large chairs and 2 stools, there was another family of 4 waiting as well.
We decided to try the hotel restaurant, it’s down the block, so we walked around looking at empty shops and decided to sit in the reception and wait for our additional 10 mins, which ended up being 1.5hours longer, I asked what about your guarantee? They said sorry, the other family was still there as well, they offered my kids and I free coffee, we declined as my kids were already getting frustrated, and they don’t drink coffee, lol, 7 and 15 years. We made our concerns known. The said it was house keepings fault.
When we got to our room we moved our own bags-fine, room looked clean on 1st inspection-it wasn’t. Couch had what looked like dried vomit on it, cushions where dirty both sides, bathroom huge wade of hair in the drain middle of floor; washing machine was filthy on floor, as I dropped an item and had to retrieve it 2 pairs of other peoples clothes still there, old soap in shower. Good towels and linen.
I took blanket and laid on couch, my daughter said look the cricket running under the couch,... on the 9th floor, nope I caught it was cockroach about the size of a child’s thumb. So we just move on and decide to enjoy the wonderful pool that is in the photos in website, lobby and hotel book, in our suites! Lol, NO POOL, so we got changed silly us it was 5 mins drive away.
The next day I dropped my husband off in our rental care and parked it in the 4th floor car park, as a ALL the parks are reserved or taken by other business, when I returned to my locked empty car, the door and been CROW BARRED, Window SMASHED, and Glass everywhere! FYI This costs $1500 Excess! Hotel didn’t offer any assists, no vacuum, they didn’t want to look. I told the security guard he said LOCK IT OF LOSE IT! WHAT A FOOOOOL! They used a crow bar, it was LOCKED! He didn’t care, they stole my satellite navigation form the glove box, I was told the thieves look for the round circle on your wind screen. They said they hold no liability, and there are no cameras and it wasn’t his job.....So what was he doing? Sleeping? Texting?? So I parked my broken windowed care right outside where he sites, it was again broken into for the 2nd time!!! I am thinking that this is an INSIDE JOB!!! Again they didn’t care, rolled eyes and laughed.
So we go to bed after 3 hours of this it was 12:00am. Very stressful 1.5 days!
Rental car guy came with new car and he said what is wrong with the staff here? They are so rude and they don’t want to talk about it? He is from Auckland, born and raised. We told him what our experience has been.
They delivered us a new car, Thank-you thrifty.
Housekeeping is fine, but they don’t do dishes, and it is only 5 mins per room, hence the dried vomit never being detected. Beds made sometimes, I wonder why it took 2 hours to clean my room, with 1.5hrs being extra??
I have now woken up this morning to BITES on my face, Looks like either BED BUGS or COCKROACHES, I also don’t feel very well, fever and nauseous, I have a welt and slight bruising on face by my ear, I am going out to dinner with client tonight, I may need to cancel.
So to sum it up this is THE WORST SERVICE, THE WORST STAFF, THE WOST SECURITY, THE DIRTIEST, And MOST MISSLEADING PLACE, I have ever stayed! For the same price you can stay closer to the CBD and get a pool and free internet. Never RECOMEND!!!! And if you have Allergies STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!! You will get a reaction! Surfaces cleanned with cold water or harsh chemicals,varied from day to day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Stadium is the Waldorf Group's premiere apartment hotel in New Zealand. Situated in the heart of Auckland City, these luxury self contained apartments offer guests high quality accommodation close to all of the attractions Auckland City has to offer. Self cater in your spacious apartment, with a large 24hr Supermarket located across the road from Waldorf Stadium, or enjoy one of the many dining options Auckland City has to offer. Britomart, just 400m away is Auckland's newest entertainment precinct and is home to boutique and international fashion stores, and some of the best restaurants and bars the city has to offer. Vector Arena Auckland's 12,000 seat venue is a short stroll from Waldorf Stadium, as are the recently developed Waterfront areas, Queen Street and Auckland's Transport Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stadium Waldorf Apartments Auckland
- Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel Auckland, New Zealand