“!!!!!Beware This Place With Cost You Dearly!!!!!!”

Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel
Ranked #19 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
New Zealand
“!!!!!Beware This Place With Cost You Dearly!!!!!!”
Reviewed 14 April 2010

Ok this is the 1st time I have ever had to do this to hotel. I stay on average 60 -100 days away from home each year. So here is the honest truth. Lol where do I start?? This place is HORRIBLE!! FYI THEY OWN SCENE 1, 2, 3 and other Waldorf!!!!!!

Booking- easy, Confirmation-fine, Price-acceptable, Website-misleading, I will explain. Check in Website started Guarantee 2:00pm- not true, Rooms good size (I rented 3 bedroom) 2 doubles 1 single, Over all look of hotel-nice, Furniture up to date, lounge couch can act an another bed- good to know, Parking is in public car park that is NOT Camera or monitored, This has never been a concern for me before, but a MUST for car rental people or enthusiast that love their cars. Small kitchen- adequate Plates wine glasses and so on-, adequate. 1 bathroom no bath a washing machine and dryer, the gym-old, pool- doesn’t exist, in house restaurant- doesn’t exist location average. INTERNET $10hr!!!! Swipe card if lost !!!!!!!$500!!!!!!! per card!!!!

Now my experience, I came for work with my family 2 kids 2 adults, we woke up at 6:30am caught our flight on time and arrived at the hotel an hour early with a guaranteed check in of 2:00pm, we were told we had to wait, 2 large chairs and 2 stools, there was another family of 4 waiting as well.

We decided to try the hotel restaurant, it’s down the block, so we walked around looking at empty shops and decided to sit in the reception and wait for our additional 10 mins, which ended up being 1.5hours longer, I asked what about your guarantee? They said sorry, the other family was still there as well, they offered my kids and I free coffee, we declined as my kids were already getting frustrated, and they don’t drink coffee, lol, 7 and 15 years. We made our concerns known. The said it was house keepings fault.

When we got to our room we moved our own bags-fine, room looked clean on 1st inspection-it wasn’t. Couch had what looked like dried vomit on it, cushions where dirty both sides, bathroom huge wade of hair in the drain middle of floor; washing machine was filthy on floor, as I dropped an item and had to retrieve it 2 pairs of other peoples clothes still there, old soap in shower. Good towels and linen.

I took blanket and laid on couch, my daughter said look the cricket running under the couch,... on the 9th floor, nope I caught it was cockroach about the size of a child’s thumb. So we just move on and decide to enjoy the wonderful pool that is in the photos in website, lobby and hotel book, in our suites! Lol, NO POOL, so we got changed silly us it was 5 mins drive away.

The next day I dropped my husband off in our rental care and parked it in the 4th floor car park, as a ALL the parks are reserved or taken by other business, when I returned to my locked empty car, the door and been CROW BARRED, Window SMASHED, and Glass everywhere! FYI This costs $1500 Excess! Hotel didn’t offer any assists, no vacuum, they didn’t want to look. I told the security guard he said LOCK IT OF LOSE IT! WHAT A FOOOOOL! They used a crow bar, it was LOCKED! He didn’t care, they stole my satellite navigation form the glove box, I was told the thieves look for the round circle on your wind screen. They said they hold no liability, and there are no cameras and it wasn’t his job.....So what was he doing? Sleeping? Texting?? So I parked my broken windowed care right outside where he sites, it was again broken into for the 2nd time!!! I am thinking that this is an INSIDE JOB!!! Again they didn’t care, rolled eyes and laughed.

So we go to bed after 3 hours of this it was 12:00am. Very stressful 1.5 days!
Rental car guy came with new car and he said what is wrong with the staff here? They are so rude and they don’t want to talk about it? He is from Auckland, born and raised. We told him what our experience has been.

They delivered us a new car, Thank-you thrifty.
Housekeeping is fine, but they don’t do dishes, and it is only 5 mins per room, hence the dried vomit never being detected. Beds made sometimes, I wonder why it took 2 hours to clean my room, with 1.5hrs being extra??
I have now woken up this morning to BITES on my face, Looks like either BED BUGS or COCKROACHES, I also don’t feel very well, fever and nauseous, I have a welt and slight bruising on face by my ear, I am going out to dinner with client tonight, I may need to cancel.

So to sum it up this is THE WORST SERVICE, THE WORST STAFF, THE WOST SECURITY, THE DIRTIEST, And MOST MISSLEADING PLACE, I have ever stayed! For the same price you can stay closer to the CBD and get a pool and free internet. Never RECOMEND!!!! And if you have Allergies STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!! You will get a reaction! Surfaces cleanned with cold water or harsh chemicals,varied from day to day.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
10 Thank TravelAlotNZ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Sydney
Reviewed 14 April 2010

We are frequent vistor to Auckland, We stayed with my partner for six nights and wished we could have stayed longer. We got a great deal of 110NZD per night for a large 1 bedroom apartment suite. We did not expect so much quality, space and luxury at that price point thus we were incredibly surprised to find the Waldorf Stadium ApartmentHotel to be a very beautiful boutique hotel located in a central water front areapart of the city next to Vector Areana and very close to nice bar and coffee shops in Vulcan lane and High St. as well as Queen Street's eating outles and fashion shops.
Very recommended and would stay again inthis lovely place

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
27 Thank marvin88
Edmonton, AB Canada
Reviewed 10 April 2010

On our first stay here (three nights) we had a one bedroom Deluxe apartment. It was really nice, clean and new. My only issue was the tables, all black and sharp edges, on dark grey/black carpet. I kept bashing my shins on the corners. There’s a busy road out front but it’s pretty quiet with the windows closed. The AC was sufficient for comfort. Parking is in the Stadium parking lot but there is an entrance at the back door to the hotel. There is a new Countdown grocery store a block away. You can walk down to Queen’s Wharf in about 15 minutes.

They had broadband connection for $8/day. The elevators require swiping with your room card. Unfortunately the cards sometimes didn’t work. The staff were helpful and friendly.

Our second stay here was less pleasant. We booked for one night on our return home. They didn’t have a similar room to our first stay and the agent said we would have to take a Premium Apartment. Turned out the “Premium” apartment was two bedrooms crowded into almost the same space as the Deluxe one bedroom. It was crowded and claustrophobic, especially in the Queen bedroom which had no window and barely room to walk around the bed. There were glass sliding doors to separate this room from the living area which made it airless if closed. Make sure you don’t rent this room.

Kitchens had good appliances with basic necessities. Not a lot of restaurants open nearby in the evening.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
30 Thank Call_us_Canucks
san francisco bay area
Reviewed 7 April 2010

We needed a hotel for one night after a 3-week camper van trip. traveling with a 2-and 4-year-old, we were hoping for a 2 bedroom suite at an affordable price and booked the waldorf. it was just perfect. the room is very nice, with great feel and furniture to it. fully equipped kitchen was a nice addition to let us cook our food leftovers from the campervan. location was good, 10 minutes walk from the wharfs and queen street, and with a bus station right in front to take us to the gardens and museum. staff was very helpful and friendly. the only negative I can mention - we were hoping for a bath and only had a shower, but still a very nice bathroom.

If you are a family looking for a great deal on a suite in Auckland, this is it.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
29 Thank IWILLHACKYOU
Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2010

We stayed at the Stadium Waldorf Apartments for our four night stop off in Auckland. We were very pleased with the hotel. Location was very good, being walking distance to mostly everything including a 10 minute walk to the harbourfront area. This would also be a great location for anyone attending an event at the Vector Arena.

The suite we had was well furnished, very clean, exceptionally quiet and had all of the amenities as other reviews have mentioned. As well, there is a very nice grocery store right around the corner which proved to be quite handy. There are a couple of restaurants just behind the building; we had a great takeaway meal from the Japanese place.

Also just behind the building is a small convenience store which has internet access for $2.50 per hour. This is much cheaper than the access in the hotel lobby if you need internet and computer. If you have your laptop, the hotel's weekly rate for internet connection is quite reasonable.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, quickly providing directions and answers to our many questions.

Parking was $15/day but that did give in/out 24 hour access and, given the inner city location, it seemed to be a reasonable price. We were given a pass to use and were billed for the total amount when we checked out.

We would not hesitate to stay here again when we return to Auckland and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
30 Thank Love2vacation
Martos, Spain
Reviewed 16 March 2010

We stayed here for our first 2 nights in New Zealand and couldn't fault it in any way. We had a suite with separate bedroomentirely enclosed in glass with sliding doors, a balcony with chairs, a lounge area with sofa, a fully equipped kitchen and a washing machine and tumble dryer in the bathroom. The hotel is a new build I believe and the furnishings were clearly new with no wear and tear.
There is no restaurant in the building but there are 2 just out the back for breakfast etc, but I imagine most people staying here will want to have dinner at the Waterfront, which is a level easy 10 minute walk from the hotel.
Our room faced the city, there are rooms facing the sea but I think these are leased or sold on a permanent basis in some way, not really sure what the arrangement is.
There are hotels closer to the Waterfront but I imagine these would be more expensive, and as I say the walk into town is no problem.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
32 Thank AggiePirate
Auckland
Reviewed 25 February 2010

We stayed only 2 nights in Waldorf Stadium apartments hotel in Auckland city while attending the Cliff concert in Vector area which is only 250 m from the Waldorf Stadium. What a great Auckland location. Only 450 m from the railway station that we used to get into Auckland City, 600 m from Queen Street and 400 m from the water front area. A lot of good restaurants and pubs within 300 m from the hotel. Very quite rooms with air com regardless of the central location. The apartment we stayed was very spacious not just a small hotel room.Very modern, clean with great kitchen ,laundry as well as nice veranda. Very polite service regardless of the fact that the hotel was fully booked. We will stay in Waldorf Stadium again when we come to the big smoke.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo