“Great new hotel in great location”
Review of Quest Carlaw Park

Quest Carlaw Park
Ranked #16 of 120 Speciality Lodging in Auckland
brisbane
“Great new hotel in great location”
Reviewed 31 January 2011

We stayed in a studio room for 2 nights. The room was well equipped and it has a very relaxing atmosphere (earthy tones). Windows can be opened for fresh air. We thought the service was great and location next to Parnell village was a bonus. Nearby train can be noisy for some rooms. We wish for the internet connection to be free of charge as well as the parking. There a nice cafe adjacent to the hotel for breakfast. Great experience!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hershie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 29 March 2010

This hotel/apartment had potential for excellence. It was close to the city, had a full kitchen, laundry equipment, and was very new and modern. BUT... reception staff keep only daytime hours. That meant that checking in occurred first by procuring a key card from a lock box at night when I arrived and then meeting with the reception staff the next morning. Parking also proved difficult for me. I didn't realise that a separate key card was necessary for the car park so I parked my car and went to pick up my wife from the airport the next morning. I didn't have a key card for the lot so I tried to just pay individually. Unfortunately, the machine wasn't reading my card and there was nobody on site to help yet. A pricey cab ride to the airport was off-set by the more-than-accommodating Jun, who offered to discount our room for the same amount!

I was excited to get to do laundry in my room, having been on the road for a couple weeks already. But when it came time to use the machines conveniently in the room, I couldn't get them to work. My wife and I were stymied by all the foreign buttons! Approximately six hours later, in the middle of the night, the washing machine started to work. Again, had there been a person at the reception desk, I'm sure my questions would have been answered much more efficiently. Finally, potential guests of this hotel should be aware that rooms are not made up on Sundays. Not the biggest deal in the world, but a bit surprising.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank moonsammy4
Questcarlaw, General Manager at Quest Carlaw Park, responded to this review, 6 April 2010
First of all, I would like to thank you for your detailed and constructive feed back you have provided for us and other potential guests.

Though our reception is not open 24 hrs, check-in process is done through our intercom system at the main entrance and this is available outside of our reception hours. As part of our late arrvial procedure, we include an welcome to cover all neccesary information such as parking, housekeeping, making a phone call etc. When I spoke with you on Saturday morning it was agreed that you have misread the welcome letter hence you could not exit the car park by using the room key card however I was more than happy to offset your taxi fare to compensate your inconvenience which I can see you were satisfied with my offer.

As some of our guests are not familiar with front loader washing machines, we have put a copy of manual in all rooms however they are placed in a drawer. After receiving your feedback we are in the process of making it more visible and easy to understand for other guests.

Although our reception is closed after hours someone is always contactable 24 hours if you dial reception from the room (number is displayed on the phone) so we can attend to any matters - there is an onsite manager who stays over night.

The reason we do not service rooms on Sunday is we have found most of our guests prefer not to be disturbed on Sunday however if you require extra towels or amenities we provide at no extra cost. This is also mentioned in the welcome letter, compendium and we explain upon check-in.

I will look into ways of providing more detailed and clear instruction/information for our future guests and I again thank you for your time and feedback provided.

Kind regards,

Jun Pyo
Shanghai
Reviewed 2 March 2010

Can put additional bed in the living room. 15-20 min walk to sky tower and viaduct harbour while can enjoy the quiet night.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
Hawkesbay
Reviewed 26 February 2010

I spend many bed nights in Auckland on business and only booked the Quest Carlaw Park as I my normal accomodation (Hyatt) was fully booked owing to the Cliff Richard Concert taking place. I found a real Gem and the Quest will now be my choice of accomodation when in Auckland.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank jbrand79
Orange
Reviewed 25 January 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights, flying in and out of Auckland on our way to Rotorua. As weary travellers, our family really appreciated the bit of luxury here. It may not seem at first like a family hotel, but we loved the spacious penthouse layout. Walking to restaurants was great, rooms were impeccable...really, I can't fault it. Clean, ulta-modern, great location. What's not to like?

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
Mount Maunganui
Reviewed 17 January 2010

What a great hotel! It is always hard when booking something online hoping the photos will be what you get. The hotel was exactly as the photos showed. My partner and I couldn't have been happier with our stay. The rooms provided everything you could need, perc coffee a bonus and even mini kit-kats! You can easily make all your own meals as fully equipped kitchen including dishwasher, pots etc. We were concerned about traffic noise but there was not a sound over the two nights and we slept with the window open. Shower was excellent, comfy bed, lots of magazines and a range of tv channels. The service is excellent, all staff very friendly and accommodating. We were there to watch the tennis and it was only a 2-3min walk around the corner - perfect. It was then only a 5 min walk up the hill to Parnell for dinner. I would definitely recommend this as a great place to stay and we will be staying there again next year for the tennis if not before.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chrissymike
sydney
Reviewed 16 January 2010

Very clean, great room with everything you need. Very nice and modern

• Stayed October 2008, travelled on business