“Great!”

and up
3-Day Winterless North Tour from Auckland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer year-round Adventure, Snow and Mountain Bike tours of New Zealand ranging from 3 to 24 days in length. Our difference? - We believe size matters – all tours have a max size of 16 people. - Tours are also completely flexible – all tours include the basics, but you choose the activities you want to include. - Reserve your spot for $99 deposit, pay off the balance later. Awards? You bet, here are a handful of our recent ones: 2017: New Zealand Tourism Awards Supreme Winner 2016: New Zealand International Business Awards: Best Emerging Business 2016: New Zealand Innovation Awards: Marketing National Winner 2016: Golden Backpack Awards - NZ's Best Tour/Activity 2016: Canterbury Business Awards: Best Large Tourism Operator 2016: Rankers Supreme Award Winner
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I can only recommend Haka Tours: Small groups (all ages), one motivated driver/guide, good accommodation choices and a fantastic country!

I went on the one-week tour around the North Island with Jackson as a guide. We saw great places and the hostels Haka had booked were always good. Breakfast was included in the price and Jackson bought whatever we fancied. (Haka groups always take a big breakfeast box on tour and they fill it with things the group members like, so for example we always had fresh fruit, cereal, joghurt, milk, juice, different kinds of bread, almonds, ...)
Overall, our guide Jackson went out of his way to cater for everybody's needs (not only in terms of breakfast...;-)). Whenever you hadn't booked or didn't want to join an activity, he made sure there was something else for you to do/see instead.

The bus was small (for up to 16 people, we were a group of 12), modern and comfortable. I would definitely book Haka again! (I also travelled with Stray - who offer a totally different travel concept, I know, but it terms of motivation of the drivers/guides, the quality of the bus, what you get for what you pay, I would invest a little extra and choose Haka instead)

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Barnaby L, Digital Marketing Manager at Haka Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for the review, Kate - we're happy Jackson made you feel at home. Keep safe and keep travelling!

All reviews
"organisation"
"nz"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Traveling alone to New Zealand, I wasn't sure where to go or what to see. So I booked the south island tour with Haka tours and am so glad I did!! I had a great experience, the small group allowed for our crew to get to know each other very well and make some amazing memories with new friends from all over the world! Our tour guide new all of the best spots for pictures and food, and booking excursions was painless and organized so well. I recommend Haka Tours to anyone going to NZ, they're affordable and simply the best!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Barnaby L, Digital Marketing Manager at Haka Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Abby - we love that you loved the tour, and New Zealand! Thanks for being a part of our small tour family. All the best, and thanks for the review!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Haka tours is a very special tour company. They have a fantastic system. There are many activity options to choose from. Everyone gets to do what they want. And no one has to do anything they don’t want to do. Plus there are lots of special surprises, and sites off the beaten path. Touring with a smaller group means being able to see and do things that aren’t able to accommodate larger groups with larger vehicles. And everyone gets special attention. The guides are very attentive to their group, so everyone’s tour is carried out the way they want it. No one is left out. Everyone is where they need to be, when they need to be there, and completely prepared for all activities. Do not hesitate to book with Haka. They are hands down, the best at what they do!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Wow! What a wonderful review, thanks so much! We totally agree - small groups and flexible itineraries lead to the best experiences. We're glad you got the best out of your New Zealand trip. Keep well, and keep travelling!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I travelled with Haka Tours after doing another tour of New Zealand with a different group. I chose them for the small groups, and the price for an individual traveller. One of the best things about Haka Tours is the small group configuration. It was easy for all of us to get to know each other and have fun, but it was nice not to have to wait around for 40 people to meet up. It really felt like a road-trip in a bus. The flexibility that came with that was nice, to, being able to stop where we wanted in addition to the scheduled activities was a nice change. The guides are al friendly, and the hotel staff are great.

My one negative would be that there was some confusion (maybe it has been fixed by now) over the Haka Lodge and the Haka Hotel. I ended up being taken to the wrong location for accommodations and had to figure out how to get to the right one.

All in all, though, Haka Tours went a long way in making my trip to New Zealand my favourite holiday. I strongly recommend them.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thanks for the review! We totally agree - smaller groups are much better as they provide more flexibility. And apologies again for the accommodation mix up - we have it all sorted now. Keep well :)