“Perfect location”
Amazing Harbor View from Top Floor
Lookout of Devonport & Rangitoto Island from our balcony Lookout of Spark Arena ( Old Victor Arena) from our balcony. by walk about 2 mins away.
Check Availability
Living room
Living room with Open Kitchen
Living room
Open Kitchen
The Master bed room1 have a Queen bed and overlooking the spectacular sea view from the Top Floor
The Small bed room2 have a comfortable double bed
Large Bathroom easy to use.
ook out of Auckland skyline from the Top level ( at Public area).
Lookout of Auckland domain museum from our spacious balcony only One kilometer away.
Lookout Waiheke Island from our balcony,
Parnell Baths about 2.4km away
Auckland railway
Tennis court free to use
25m indoor Lap swimming Pool free to use
Outdoor picnic area on 5th floor
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Ha_Y_an_T...
Hawaii
“Perfect location”
Reviewed 26 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

I booked this apartment through Airbnb. There were many apartments to choose from in this area and I settled on this one because of the particular location. Walking distance to the train station, ferry pier and a grocery store on the next block, because we would need to use all of these services during our week long stay in Auckland. I ran the search filter on Airbnb to include, washer/dryer, air conditioning, full kitchen and 3 beds; this apartment met all the criteria in addition to the ideal location.

I initially booked the room for too many nights, when I submitted the change request the owner, Tony, accepted the change without any issues. He also inquired with me when I would be arriving, when I advised him our flight did not arrive until 10:00 pm, he offered to pick us up from the airport for a fee and it would count as our check in time. I accepted the fee as I would have to pay someone anyway to take us to the apartment. Tony was already waiting for us at the airport and picked us up curb side.

Our traveling party required sleeping arrangements for three single people and Tony was able to accommodate us as requested. He set up a single bed in the living area and there were the two other beds in the two bedrooms. There is a fee to set up the single bed if you do not want to use the sofa bed. I do not like making people sleep on a sofa bed, no matter how comfortable they are, so I was more than happy to pay that fee. Since I paid for the trip, I had dibs on the master bedroom. The single bed was for my 19 year old nephew.

The apartment was nice and clean and adequately appointed. Everything we needed for a week stay. There were also minibar items in the refrigerator and he did have a price list handy for each item if you chose to consume them. There is a piggy bank on the counter for that expense. The 24 hour Countdown grocery store is on the next block so you really didn’t have to use the minibar. There was laundry detergent as well as dish liquid. If you chose to use the dishwasher, you would have to purchase your own dishwasher tablets or pods, because I didn’t see any. We didn’t care to use it so no big deal.

The beds were comfortable and we all slept well each night. There are two split system air conditioning units in the apartment, one in the living area and one in the master. Since it was winter (June) we did make use of the heater some times. There was more than enough room for 3 adults to be comfortable. The bathroom was spacious and clean, I still cannot get used to the ½ glass door on showers, I would rather have a whole shower curtain than a ½ glass door, the water gets all over the floor, other than that it was good. The photos are an accurate depiction of the apartment. The furniture in the living area was arranged different for us because we had the single bed set up, and there is the split system a/c on the balcony that is not shown in the photo so it probably was installed later.

The owner Tony was very diligent in keeping in contact with me through the whole process, he even checked with us toward the end of our stay to see if we needed transport back to the airport. Checkout was at 10:00 am and he just told us to leave the key on the desk and we can go. Tony was a very pleasant person to deal with and I would definitely recommend this apartment as well as stay here again if I was to visit Auckland again.

I attempted to write this review on the Airbnb website but there was some glitch or something and it took the review before I even finished writing it, I was in the middle of a paragraph and it just cut me off. Airbnb wouldn't let me edit it so here we are on Tripadvisor.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing