“One major problem”
Review of Bianco off Queen

Bianco off Queen
Ranked #59 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 14 April 2011

The beds are simply awful. The mattress is the worst I have ever slept on. Apart from this all good.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 April 2011

Clean, good sized room, excellent location. My husband, daughter and I stayed one night. Our flight arrived early and although our room was not yet available the staff stored our luggage and let us hang out in the lovely courtyard until our room was ready.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2011

I have stayed at Bianco off Queen many times. The hotel is very well located at the top of Queen Street withing walking distance to a wide variety shopping and food as well as having easy access to all three motorways. It is a well appointed modern new hotel with a chgoice of well appointed studio and one- and two-bedroom apartments. The staff are all courteous and friendly and extremely willing to help in any way they can.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
ManagerBOQ, General Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review about our apartment hotel. We are so glad to see reviews like yours as we literally have 1000's of positive feedbacks every month and hope more people can express themselves like you have. Our staff are working at 110% to ensure we provide clean, modern and great service to all guests such as your self.

We look forward to welcoming you back, and I thank you again.

Reviewed 8 April 2011

After staying in the same type of accomodation in Auckland few days earlier (nice, spacious, sunny room with a city view), I was very disappointed in Bianco off Queen apartments. I requested a room on a higher floor and got one on the 2nd floor. The room was was small, dark and gloomy. There was hardly any space to move around - no space for the luggage. There was no view - apart from the view of the wall of the building next door. There were no roller shutters on one of the windows, so it was hard to sleep. On the plus side, the room was clean and had all the necessary kitchen facilities. The breakfast that was included in the price of the room was inadequate - 4 slices of cheap, white bread, 2 tiny packets of butter and jam, 1 bottle of orange juice - this I would have expected in 3 star accomodation in the middle of nowhere.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Pralnika,

Thank you for your review about our property, I find your title amusing and appreciate your sense of humour.

I would like to suggest the following if I may on your next visit with us, if there is one:

1) Our Studio apartments are our smallest apartments and are the cheapest 4.5 star accommodation in Auckland City currently. They are for travelers who do not require large amounts of space but instead would like a small cosy room with all facilities of a large room at a reasonable price. I would suggest you choose a one bedroom on your next visit that are some of the largest in the city with city views and a balcony which may be more suitable to your requirements.

2) Our complimentary breakfast has just been completely revamped to include a danish, sugar donut, yogurt, new juice and other extras which will be a great addition to our already best value in town policy.

I hope the above will entice you to come back and stay with us on your next visit. Regardless, I wish you safe travels and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 April 2011

Apartment was quite nice, it had everything required and its an easy location.
Staff were friendly and pleasant.
I was not impressed with the internet service, it ended up a very, very expensive rate. After paying a weekly rate it was a nasty suprise to be charged such a huge amount in excess usage... They should warn their guests that if they leave the internet cable attached to your computer when your computer is turned off, you will still be charged for internet usage. Not a good system, and a very expensive mistake for unknowing guests.
Parking is also expensive if you are staying long term, there is no weekly rate.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback of our property. I would like to make the following 2 comments if I may:

1) Currently we have 1 hour free internet per night of stay at our property. This is in room and perfect for those who want free internet to do the basic things while on holiday. Further, we have just introduced a very affordable weekly plan that may be of benefit to you on your next visit with us and it being more than 5 days.

2) We have just introduced a long stay car parking rate that is one of the cheapest in the city, I hope this will ease the cost burden on your next visit.

Again, thanks for your review, I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 April 2011

The review title tells you quite a lot. The studio that we had for two nights in February and one night in March (at the beginning and end of our touring holiday) was small but very well equipped. It actually had a dishwasher and a washer-drier. The kitchen was well equipped with a microwave and hob. There was a good selection of crockery and utensils. Breakfast was included in the room price and this was also of generous proportions.

There was no view from the windows or balcony, as they overlooked a yard and a narrow alley but this did not bother us as we were really only overnighting.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Hi Joan,

Thanks for your review about our property, I appreciate the feedback.

May I suggest on your next visit you choose a one bedroom apartment that are larger in size than our studios, have balconies with city views for a nominal extra charge.

Again, I appreciate your time and effort and look forward to your next visit at our property.

Kind Regard

Reviewed 30 March 2011

I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the door to my apartment to see a big living area, a fully equipped kitchette, washing machine and dryer, and separate bedroom and bathroom! It was toward the end of our holiday so we went crazy and we washed and we washed all our clothes! They even provide washing powder. Great!

The hotel was really new and clean. Like all the hotels that we stayed during this NZ trip, everything sparked! The walls and doors were solid so they completely blocked out all noise. In any case, the hotel was in a quiet street so traffic was not heavy. We managed to get a good sleep. It was just a short 3 minutes walk to Queen Street, where there are many restaurant choices. Surprisely we found many Korean restaurants and they are good! If you prefer not to eat out, they have a delivery menu with lots of options! I think that would be wonderful for families.

We were told you can also walk to Viaduct Harbour but we had a car so we drove instead. The hotel has a carpark which you can pay $20 a day to use. We forgot to do that and we found that we didn't have a lot. It turned out to be a blessing because we parked overnight at a secured carpark 3 minutes away and paid only $6.

The complaints? Service. The reception area is small and usually there is only one staff manning it. The second night when we wanted to collect our keys to the apartment, we had to wait a while. They could have provided more staff. I feel that it's ridiculous to have to wait 5 minutes just to collect my apartment key. Furthermore, when I got to my room, I had to laugh out loud when I saw my bed! The apartment was nicely made-up, all the kitchen utensils washed and put back in their proper place, the towels in the bathroom replaced, etc. But in the bedroom, only one of the two twin bed was made! The other one had pillows and blankets piled on it, like the housekeeper was called away in the middle of making the room, and forgot to come back! You have to see the photo to believe it! Unfortunately, as it was very late and I was tired, I made do with it and did not ask them to send anyone up to make the bed.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
ManagerBOQ, General Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review about out property.

I too also laughed at the photos you had taken where the beds were half finished, I have reminded the housekeepers that there is nothing more important than finishing the job they start, regardless of who calls. I am glad you saw the funny side of it.

I hope you had a safe journey back home, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Auckland.