“Very Nice”

Ranked #60 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
Hastings, New Zealand
“Very Nice”
Reviewed 27 April 2011

Very nice apartment, Lovely and roomy. Stayed in 2 bedroom apartment. was great having washer & dryer. Complimentary continental breakfast was nice. Great staff very helpful, We were on top floor with nice big balcony and it was nice and quiet. Air con and 2 TVs and full kitchen, 2 bathrooms. Located off Upper queen but easy bus access from Meyer Park bus stop a short walk away.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
ManagerBOQ, General Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this review, 28 April 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review on our property, we really are happy that you enjoyed one of our Deluxe Apartments and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Udai Sarin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Korean first
Preston, England
Reviewed 27 April 2011

A two-bedroomed apartment had been booked on our behalf for our first two nights in NZ and, having looked at the Trip Advisor reviews I was somewhat aprehensive about our stay. However, we had no problems.

For those thinking of booking I can make the following observations:

- It looks like the two bedroomed apartment are the ones to go for. Ours also had two bathrooms (brilliant), full washing and adequate cooking facilities. Our apartment was on the top floor, so street noise was minimal. We were only disturbed once at night by a slamming door but you have to expect such things.

- Our apartment was basically furnished, but clean and consumables were replaced by the cleaning staff each day.

- The continental breakfast was basic but acceptable and meant we didn't hit the streets hungry. In fact we continued to buy the same breakfast juice throughout our holiday! Just don't expect miracles for the amount you pay. The only feedback I can give is that we had to spread 2 people's provisions between three of us.

- I can understand comments about air-con. If this is a concern, specify it in your booking. We didn't have it but the temperature and humidity were bearable with the windows open during the day. The apartments have large expanses of glass so rooms can take on a greenhouse effect.

- immediate area. You're located in the city centre so don't expect flower beds etc. etc. We generally felt very safe because it was busy (although we weren't out late at night). I did notice one used condom lying on the street but didn't point it out to the family!

- Reception staff were polite and helpful and we were able to leave our luggage after checking out until later in the day after we picked up our hire car.

- Price. We stayed in several different motels across the north island during our stay and Bianco was the second-cheapest one. Therefore my view is it's worth paying the extra for a bigger apartment because most of the concerns expressed appear to be centred on apartment/room size. Bigger is better!!

I hope these comments are of some benfefit. It looks like your stay at the Bianco could be a hit or miss affair but we had absolutely no problem.

Room Tip: Go for a 2 bedroomed apartment
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
ManagerBOQ, General Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this review, 27 April 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate the time taken to write such a comprehensive review and hope other travelers will benefit from your comments.

I would like to make a few remarks on your review and perhaps add to it if I may: All of our apartments 10th floor and higher have air conditioning / heat pump along with a balcony (all our units have balconies). On floors lower than 10, we have fans and heaters in the unit as well as opening windows.
We have a completely new and improved complimentary breakfast that will start on 1 May 2011, I think you will be pleasantly surprised of how good it is for a complimentary item.
We are in the middle of downtown Auckland and it is what it is, we provide great rooms at a great price with complimentary breakfast and 1 hour free internet that is unbeatable in the city. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2011

Well located to give access to the city centre. With lovely rooms and and a good price.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your short but accurate review on our property, I am extremely glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Tauranga, New Zealand
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Although the location was very central, our nights sleep was crap! frosted window is not sufficient enough to keep out the light shining through from Queen Street! My two year old woke half-a-dozen times thinking it was time to get up which put a real dampener on our holiday - tired mummy = grumpy! The bathroom smelt dirty and it was obvious the floor had not been mopped after the previous guest left. The complimentary breakfast was a nice gesture, but was not enough for the two of us.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on our property, I am apologetic that you did not get a good night sleep due to excess light from your apartment.

If I could make one comment, all of our rooms have curtains on the windows except for the actuator windows that are in our Studio apartments that are not allowed to have windows on them as per fire regulations by the Auckland City Council. Further, we are working on a solution for this with the Auckland City Council and I hope upon your next visit with us we will solve the problem.

Perhaps a one bedroom apartment would be more appropriate on your next visit with us, you should experience no problems with our great one bedrooms. Please note that I have taken up your housekeeping comments with our supervisor to conduct further training with our staff and also we have just completely revamped our complimentary breakfast and know that it will satisfy your requirements on your next visit with us.

I thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Rotorua
Reviewed 24 April 2011

A rabbit warren has more space than these apartments. With a rock hard bed, curtains that didn't keep the morning sun out while your trying to sleep, a bedroom window that didn't close properly and let all noise from the street and the generator (down the road) in. A couple of the appliances were broken and a shower so small you couldn't bend over without turning the water off and a couch that was so low you might have well sat on the floor. The broadband internet was very fast but outrageously expensive.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property.

I note that you stayed in one of our Studio rooms that are 32SQM and therefore considered small to average size for accommodation in Auckland. May I suggest you take a one bedroom on your next visit with us as they are much larger at 45SQM and will more than satisfy the accommodation requirements you are looking for. All our rooms have curtains on the windows except for actuator windows that are not allowed to have curtains on them as per Council Fire Regulations.

Further, all of our rooms come with an hour free internet and the day rate of $15 for 24 hours is standard within Auckland however I will look into this and see if we need to further work on our pricing.

Again, I thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit with us.

Udai Sarin

Travellers are raving about these Auckland hotels

Bribie Island, Australia
Reviewed 19 April 2011

The only fault we could find with our unit was that the instructions for the washing machine were not in English, but the management sent someone up to show us how to operate it.

We were impressed with the closeness of restaurants and shopping. We will defineatly stay there again

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Los Alamitos
Reviewed 19 April 2011

Talk about convenient! Bianco Off Queen is a block from Queen Street and two from K Street (Karangahape Street), the main thoroughfares. You can walk all over the main part of Auckland and catch any buses quite easily. The first few nights, my husband and I were in the studio apartment which was very tight and vent windows had no screen. It wasn't broken off, just not installed. While that kept the room light during the day, it wasn't a room you can sleep in in. And we didn't have a stove range in this space, by which I was surprised, but we didn't mind. The washing machine was a washer AND dryer in this one.

My dad who arrived day after us was upgraded to a 2-bedroom apartment which we all shared when we returned to Auckland a week later. This one did have the stove AND oven, and separate washer and dryer. While the bedrooms were quite tight, the living space was spacious for Auckland's apartments in that area, having seen my cousin's tiny 2BR just up the street from BoQ.

The place is clean and well kept. Because it's in a college and backpackers zone, don't count them out. (My dad was cringing at the young "kids" checking in the same time.) We heard no rowdiness from anyone during both of our stays. Service counter could get crowded and disorganized at check-in/out time but they were very helpful. I'd definitely go back to them.

Room Tip: Have 3 ppl? Take 2 BR apartment!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
ManagerBOQ, General Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this review, 21 April 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your email, I appreciate your detailed feedback and hope others can benefit from your review.

I would like to make the following points on your review:

1) As mentioned in a previous review, our Studio's are perfect for those looking for a comfortable, clean and low maintenance room while on holiday to Auckland. I always recommend to guests who are looking for something with more space and a lounge to go for any other room in our building as they are all bigger than most rooms in Auckland CBD.

2) I am extremely glad that the two bedroom you and your family were in was comfortable and hope others can experience the same stay as you did.

I am glad you enjoyed our location, we are in the heart of the CBD and offer great rooms at an affordable price.

Safe travels back to your home, we look forward to welcoming you back hopefully in the near future.