“Handy Location”
Review of Bianco off Queen

Bianco off Queen
Ranked #58 of 65 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Handy location just off Queen Street. The 2 bedroom apartment we stayed in had everything that you need. The sofa was a bit weird as it was also a sofa bed and was incredibly low to the ground. There is a folder and a sheet of paper to order groceries should you need them for your stay, nice idea but as the property is run by Indians and as English isnt their first language the shopping list gave us a few laughs. "Variety 100g" ????
The room had just been serviced when we arrived and the young Indian man who serviced it was still in the hallway. He stank of B.O. and so did our apartment and the hallway.
I probably wouldnt stay there again, I cant put my finger on it but I just didnt feel comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
UdaiSarin, General Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. Any feedback we receive helps to make us better. There are a number of issues raised in your feedback that will help us improve as a property. I have passed on your recommendations and feedback to the relevant department heads to address.

We hope to see you welcome back in the near future.

Take care and safe travels back to Tauranga.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I have a really unpleasant experience for my booking with Bianco Off Queen. I booked for two nights and emergency thus I might need to cancel my booking, I was told will only be charged for the deposit of one night which I am fine. Apparently I'm wrong and I have been charged for the full payment. If I have known it, as a normal person, I wouldn't be cancel it. Called and the agent not seem like helping at all and blame it to me as my own fault!!!!!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. I hope your emergency situation turned out okay.

Unfortunately, after some investigation I have discovered that the room you booked was non-refundable, prepaid. We have refundable, flexible rates for your next booking that are more flexible.

Take care and thanks for your comment.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 5 November 2012

we have stayed here a few times, mainly because queen street is so close, the civic theatre is a short down hill walk, you can easily accsess restaurants and fast food outlets like mcdonalds, starbucks and the i-max theatre is even closer.You are able to park for a charge of about $20.00. per night. The bed was hard and the continental breakfast isn't that great but i can ignore these things for the convenience of location, walked to starbucks for my coffee fix. just a hint.. if you are driving here do not park opposite the hotel in the private parks, i saw one woman leave her car to check in and was clamped before she got to the hotel, there is a checkin carpark between the buildings, just pull in and press the buzzer. these apartments have all you require if staying longer than a night. For me location is the winner here.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so glad to see that you embraced what we offer here at our property. Great rooms, Great price, Great location – there are no properties in Auckland that can match what we offer with complimentary breakfast and Wi-Fi.

Take care and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed 1 night here. The location of the apartments is nice and central to to downtown Auckland, easily within walking distance. Apartments were tidy and the staff were polite and helpful. Airport bus also goes right passed the end of the street so transport is not an issue to and from here

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2012

First impressions: Hotel is located very close to City. Apartment came with fully equipped kitchen and Laundry. Clean, spacious and stylish interior. Late check in was a pain as our flight arrived very early morning and reception wasn't able to accommodate to a check in earlier than 1pm. Complimentary breakfast and Wifi made for reasonable value. Would be happy to stay here for a reasonably long holiday.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment on the 11th floor which had everything we needed. Easy walk to Queen Street, local restaurants and theatre. Very good value for money and well serviced. Would definitely recommend to others.

Room Tip: Would recommend a higher floor to limit nose from the street.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2012

This hotel is located within walking distance of the city centre and more importantly bus stops - especially the airport to city shuttle bus. Hotel is based at the bottom of a hill but if you walk up towards Queens Street (the main Street) this is a reasonable slope rather than the steep hill the opposite side (ok as walked down this each time).
Paid $153 a night (3 nights) for a 2 bedroom apartment. We were in room A 13 A. 13th Floor (one from the top). Had a great view overlooking the Sky Tower.
Rooms were clean and tidy which is the main issue for me. Had most equipment required including washing machine, dryer, fridge and freezer, microwave, oven, hob, ironing board, iron, hair dryer. Kitchen was well equipped.
Had 2 televisions. One TV in the bedroom had a DVD integrated in to it (put the children in the main bedroom to watch this) whilst we watched the TV in the lounge. There was a CD player but we didn't use it.
Reception staff were really helpful. Breakfast was included in our price which consisted of a dry muffin (not very nice), yoghurt, banana, small juice drink and a muesli bar. Gave feedback saying would prefer a pastry/croissant rather than the dry muffin so this may change. If this is more or less the only complaint then they are doing well (I am hard to please).
I didn't pay the $20 a night for parking but did notice some other parking facilities within the area which were cheaper - may be worth researching this if you are thinking of taking your car.
I would go back to this hotel and I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Higher floor means better view. We had one overlooking the Sky Tower - A 13 A.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family