““Fantastic stay!””

““Fantastic stay!””
Reviewed 10 November 2012

First impression: wow!!!

Bedrooms:
The beds were super comfy, crisp linen, good lighting. Excellent!

Kitchen:
Huge! Fully equipped although we didn't use this much, but had we needed to cook, we'd have had everything needed.

Bathrooms:
Shower/toilet combo for both the main bathroom. bathroom were of good size and very clean! B shower had were good pressure. The vanity was stocked with mini toiletries as well as spare toilet rolls and a hair dryer. We did run out of hot water after 3 of the 5 people had showers that first night. This may be because the hot water cylinder had just been turned on prior to our arrival..? Not sure, but it wasn't a problem the following night.

Living Area:
Oh the view! Wonderful view from all windows in the apartment, but from the living area - spectacular view of the city at night! There was a storm that first night with thunder and lightening and it felt like were in the thick of it all. It was awesome! Only real gripe with the apartment was the size of the sofa - for a 2 bedroom apartment with max occupancy of 4 adults, the sofa was very small! It could comfortably sit 2 adults, any more and you were fighting for elbow room. There was a dining table and chairs so we made use of the dining chairs. Although very sleek design, as there is no cushioning on these chairs, they can get quite uncomfortable if sitting for a long time. TV was fine, and balcony meant that we could get some fresh air.

Parking:
Had to pay for secure underground parking which was $20/night. Not too pleased with having to pay for the room AND parking but I'm told this is quite the norm with inner city apartments/hotels.

Location:
Perfect for what we needed. We didn't hear much noise at all! People complaining of noise must have superhuman hearing. Although, I think if you're going to pick a somewhere to stay in the city, you would expect some noise from outside, it is the city after all. We're quite familiar with K Road, so if you like Asian food you'll be spoilt for choice! Otherwise, make use of public transport (or your legs) and make your way to mid or down town for more choice.

Thank you Bianco off queen, Highly recommended. The 2 bedroom Superior apartments was superb, spacious, clean, comfy, with great views. The staff were fabulous, professional & helpful, if you didn't have that you would have blown it for me, as you can have the best looking place but if you don't have that customer service you have lost me. So very well done, your staff are a real asset to you. Keep up the great work.

Recommendations to Management:
- Consider lowering parking fees, or getting rid of them altogether! $20/day is pretty steep!
- Bigger sofas, or an extra sofa, in the 2 bedroom apartments would make the room perfect

All in all, this was a pretty primo place to stay! We really enjoyed our time here and would definitely recommend these apartments to friends and family and, of course, we would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Higher floor
1 Thank tim c
UdaiSarin, General Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so glad to see that you embraced what we offer here at our property. Great rooms, Great price, Great location – there are no properties in Auckland that can match what we offer with complimentary breakfast and Wi-Fi.

Take care and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

Udai Sarin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Korean first
Gisborne, New Zealand
Reviewed 6 November 2012

We had a three bedroom apartment, on the ground floor. It was spacious, clean and well equipped. There were two toilets, which was handy. The included breakfast was muffins, cookies, bananas, yogurt and fruit juice. We booked a parking space, which was under the building and very tight for parking an eight seater. Would stay there agin if traveling with all the family.

Room Tip: I think the only three bed apartment is on the ground floor, which was a bit noisy, but this is inne...
Tauranga, New Zealand
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Handy location just off Queen Street. The 2 bedroom apartment we stayed in had everything that you need. The sofa was a bit weird as it was also a sofa bed and was incredibly low to the ground. There is a folder and a sheet of paper to order groceries should you need them for your stay, nice idea but as the property is run by Indians and as English isnt their first language the shopping list gave us a few laughs. "Variety 100g" ????
The room had just been serviced when we arrived and the young Indian man who serviced it was still in the hallway. He stank of B.O. and so did our apartment and the hallway.
I probably wouldnt stay there again, I cant put my finger on it but I just didnt feel comfortable.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. Any feedback we receive helps to make us better. There are a number of issues raised in your feedback that will help us improve as a property. I have passed on your recommendations and feedback to the relevant department heads to address.

We hope to see you welcome back in the near future.

Take care and safe travels back to Tauranga.

Warm Regards,

Whanganui, New Zealand
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I have a really unpleasant experience for my booking with Bianco Off Queen. I booked for two nights and emergency thus I might need to cancel my booking, I was told will only be charged for the deposit of one night which I am fine. Apparently I'm wrong and I have been charged for the full payment. If I have known it, as a normal person, I wouldn't be cancel it. Called and the agent not seem like helping at all and blame it to me as my own fault!!!!!

Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. I hope your emergency situation turned out okay.

Unfortunately, after some investigation I have discovered that the room you booked was non-refundable, prepaid. We have refundable, flexible rates for your next booking that are more flexible.

Take care and thanks for your comment.

Warm Regards,

Udai Sarin

Travellers are raving about these Auckland hotels

wanganui nz
Reviewed 5 November 2012

we have stayed here a few times, mainly because queen street is so close, the civic theatre is a short down hill walk, you can easily accsess restaurants and fast food outlets like mcdonalds, starbucks and the i-max theatre is even closer.You are able to park for a charge of about $20.00. per night. The bed was hard and the continental breakfast isn't that great but i can ignore these things for the convenience of location, walked to starbucks for my coffee fix. just a hint.. if you are driving here do not park opposite the hotel in the private parks, i saw one woman leave her car to check in and was clamped before she got to the hotel, there is a checkin carpark between the buildings, just pull in and press the buzzer. these apartments have all you require if staying longer than a night. For me location is the winner here.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Take care and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed 1 night here. The location of the apartments is nice and central to to downtown Auckland, easily within walking distance. Apartments were tidy and the staff were polite and helpful. Airport bus also goes right passed the end of the street so transport is not an issue to and from here

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 5 November 2012

First impressions: Hotel is located very close to City. Apartment came with fully equipped kitchen and Laundry. Clean, spacious and stylish interior. Late check in was a pain as our flight arrived very early morning and reception wasn't able to accommodate to a check in earlier than 1pm. Complimentary breakfast and Wifi made for reasonable value. Would be happy to stay here for a reasonably long holiday.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends