First impression: wow!!!
The beds were super comfy, crisp linen, good lighting. Excellent!
Huge! Fully equipped although we didn't use this much, but had we needed to cook, we'd have had everything needed.
Shower/toilet combo for both the main bathroom. bathroom were of good size and very clean! B shower had were good pressure. The vanity was stocked with mini toiletries as well as spare toilet rolls and a hair dryer. We did run out of hot water after 3 of the 5 people had showers that first night. This may be because the hot water cylinder had just been turned on prior to our arrival..? Not sure, but it wasn't a problem the following night.
Oh the view! Wonderful view from all windows in the apartment, but from the living area - spectacular view of the city at night! There was a storm that first night with thunder and lightening and it felt like were in the thick of it all. It was awesome! Only real gripe with the apartment was the size of the sofa - for a 2 bedroom apartment with max occupancy of 4 adults, the sofa was very small! It could comfortably sit 2 adults, any more and you were fighting for elbow room. There was a dining table and chairs so we made use of the dining chairs. Although very sleek design, as there is no cushioning on these chairs, they can get quite uncomfortable if sitting for a long time. TV was fine, and balcony meant that we could get some fresh air.
Had to pay for secure underground parking which was $20/night. Not too pleased with having to pay for the room AND parking but I'm told this is quite the norm with inner city apartments/hotels.
Perfect for what we needed. We didn't hear much noise at all! People complaining of noise must have superhuman hearing. Although, I think if you're going to pick a somewhere to stay in the city, you would expect some noise from outside, it is the city after all. We're quite familiar with K Road, so if you like Asian food you'll be spoilt for choice! Otherwise, make use of public transport (or your legs) and make your way to mid or down town for more choice.
Thank you Bianco off queen, Highly recommended. The 2 bedroom Superior apartments was superb, spacious, clean, comfy, with great views. The staff were fabulous, professional & helpful, if you didn't have that you would have blown it for me, as you can have the best looking place but if you don't have that customer service you have lost me. So very well done, your staff are a real asset to you. Keep up the great work.
Recommendations to Management:
- Consider lowering parking fees, or getting rid of them altogether! $20/day is pretty steep!
- Bigger sofas, or an extra sofa, in the 2 bedroom apartments would make the room perfect
All in all, this was a pretty primo place to stay! We really enjoyed our time here and would definitely recommend these apartments to friends and family and, of course, we would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether travelling to Auckland for business or pleasure, Bianco off Queen serviced apartments offer the perfect location for your stay. Superbly positioned within minutes of Auckland ’s business, retail and entertainment districts. This is a serviced apartment hotel that will exceed expectation.All of Bianco off Queen’s spacious studio, one, two and three bedroom apartments feature fully equipped kitchens, washing machines & dryers and large balconies. Limited onsite car parking is available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Bianco off Queen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bianco Off Queen Hotel Auckland Central
- Bianco Off Queen Auckland, New Zealand