“Poor service!”
Review of Bianco off Queen

Bianco off Queen
Ranked #59 of 67 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 18 November 2012

We stayed here for one night 16th November, and we didn't feel welcomed at all.. the only guy that did make us feel good and who even made the effort of smiling at us asking if everything is ok was the one rostered early hours in the morning at the reception desk. Like really, a guy working a nightshit till early morning was the only one that made us feel welcomed than the people working day. And guest all out by 10pm? We did know about this on the contract but how rude when one of our guest was getting ready to leave, the damn security kept hassling for him to leave just when they were walking out. Very unpleasant. No heart at all. And the breakfast? So I rang reception just to ask what time would breakfast arrive, and they said it was already served? And this is us checking in at 2pm and me calling for the time at 6am? Apparently they said we had missed as it was served in the evening? I couldn't believe it. They apologised and said they will send it again at 7.30am, like as if this is not the time for breakfast, but anyways, we were fine, ok and what do you know? They threw everything into a box: a little juice box, a muffin that tasted like it had been sitting around for months, a banana & yogurt. Poor quality of breakfast, customer service & the room. Pictures do lie. We asked to view before paying the room and they said we couldn't. They said full kitchen, 2 bathroom with a nice view to the city, so paid and checked into a damn small apartment, small kitchen, 1 bathroom & our view facing the cement side of the other rooms. Never again am I coming here!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Nikah18
UdaiSarin, General Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your concerns about our night security and reception not being as friendly as they should have been. It is important to be aware that we have a ‘no party policy’ at our property and therefore some measures need to be taken to ensure this is upheld. Our main concern is ensuring that our hotel guests have a great night’s sleep and do not get interrupted by noisy guests.

Take Care,

There are newer reviews for Bianco off Queen

Reviewed 16 November 2012

I stayed at Bianco off Queen for five nights, and the apartment had everything I needed. The kitchen was well stocked (and I really did not use it), and a very light continental breakfast was provided daily. The living area was good size and had a couch and television. Bedroom was good size, and the large balcony could be accessed from both the living room and the bedroom. Bathroom was nice, shower a bit small but worked fine, and the washer and dryer were a huge bonus. My only concern was the noise from the neighborhood. Not sure if the windows were thin or not, but I could hear plenty of noise from apartments and the hostel nearby. Not a really big deal though. Location was perfectly fine, as I could walk wherever I wanted to anything nearby on Queen St. and K St, and the bus on Queen St. was very easy to catch. Overall, a really nice stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Ideal location just off Auckland's main street. Apartment was clean and comfortable. From checkin to checkout there were no issues. Property looked busy but no noise to speak of, helpful staff. Breakfast included was Banana, yogurt, fruit juice, muffin and health bar, tea and coffee. Amenities shampoo, conditioner and moisturizer. Adequate kitchen and laundry if required. Yes the little couches were interesting but I thought it was very good value for money.

Reviewed 10 November 2012

We stayed here from the 1/11/2012 - 5/11/12, whilst the location is excellent the welcome that we received was disappointing, overall I would have left this apartment with a much better feeling had the reception staff being more friendly, anytime I asked them something I really did feel that I was a nuisance. Upon arrival we were given a room that was not up to the standard we had expected and certainly nothing like was shown on the internet. After I approached the reception and was told there were no other rooms - however by paying an extra room rate we were given a much better standard of room, I found this to be very disappointing and a bad start to our stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a change of room if you are not satisfied and a corner unit gives a nice view if you are up...

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am disappointed that upon check in the room was not as per your expectation. However, I am very happy to hear that our team went out of their way to ensure that you were looked after and in the end had a great stay with us. This to me is very important.

We hope to see you back in the near future, thank you for your support.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 10 November 2012

First impression: wow!!!

Bedrooms:
The beds were super comfy, crisp linen, good lighting. Excellent!

Kitchen:
Huge! Fully equipped although we didn't use this much, but had we needed to cook, we'd have had everything needed.

Bathrooms:
Shower/toilet combo for both the main bathroom. bathroom were of good size and very clean! B shower had were good pressure. The vanity was stocked with mini toiletries as well as spare toilet rolls and a hair dryer. We did run out of hot water after 3 of the 5 people had showers that first night. This may be because the hot water cylinder had just been turned on prior to our arrival..? Not sure, but it wasn't a problem the following night.

Living Area:
Oh the view! Wonderful view from all windows in the apartment, but from the living area - spectacular view of the city at night! There was a storm that first night with thunder and lightening and it felt like were in the thick of it all. It was awesome! Only real gripe with the apartment was the size of the sofa - for a 2 bedroom apartment with max occupancy of 4 adults, the sofa was very small! It could comfortably sit 2 adults, any more and you were fighting for elbow room. There was a dining table and chairs so we made use of the dining chairs. Although very sleek design, as there is no cushioning on these chairs, they can get quite uncomfortable if sitting for a long time. TV was fine, and balcony meant that we could get some fresh air.

Parking:
Had to pay for secure underground parking which was $20/night. Not too pleased with having to pay for the room AND parking but I'm told this is quite the norm with inner city apartments/hotels.

Location:
Perfect for what we needed. We didn't hear much noise at all! People complaining of noise must have superhuman hearing. Although, I think if you're going to pick a somewhere to stay in the city, you would expect some noise from outside, it is the city after all. We're quite familiar with K Road, so if you like Asian food you'll be spoilt for choice! Otherwise, make use of public transport (or your legs) and make your way to mid or down town for more choice.

Thank you Bianco off queen, Highly recommended. The 2 bedroom Superior apartments was superb, spacious, clean, comfy, with great views. The staff were fabulous, professional & helpful, if you didn't have that you would have blown it for me, as you can have the best looking place but if you don't have that customer service you have lost me. So very well done, your staff are a real asset to you. Keep up the great work.

Recommendations to Management:
- Consider lowering parking fees, or getting rid of them altogether! $20/day is pretty steep!
- Bigger sofas, or an extra sofa, in the 2 bedroom apartments would make the room perfect

All in all, this was a pretty primo place to stay! We really enjoyed our time here and would definitely recommend these apartments to friends and family and, of course, we would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Higher floor
1  Thank tim c

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so glad to see that you embraced what we offer here at our property. Great rooms, Great price, Great location – there are no properties in Auckland that can match what we offer with complimentary breakfast and Wi-Fi.

Take care and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 6 November 2012

We had a three bedroom apartment, on the ground floor. It was spacious, clean and well equipped. There were two toilets, which was handy. The included breakfast was muffins, cookies, bananas, yogurt and fruit juice. We booked a parking space, which was under the building and very tight for parking an eight seater. Would stay there agin if traveling with all the family.

Room Tip: I think the only three bed apartment is on the ground floor, which was a bit noisy, but this is inne...
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Handy location just off Queen Street. The 2 bedroom apartment we stayed in had everything that you need. The sofa was a bit weird as it was also a sofa bed and was incredibly low to the ground. There is a folder and a sheet of paper to order groceries should you need them for your stay, nice idea but as the property is run by Indians and as English isnt their first language the shopping list gave us a few laughs. "Variety 100g" ????
The room had just been serviced when we arrived and the young Indian man who serviced it was still in the hallway. He stank of B.O. and so did our apartment and the hallway.
I probably wouldnt stay there again, I cant put my finger on it but I just didnt feel comfortable.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. Any feedback we receive helps to make us better. There are a number of issues raised in your feedback that will help us improve as a property. I have passed on your recommendations and feedback to the relevant department heads to address.

We hope to see you welcome back in the near future.

Take care and safe travels back to Tauranga.

Warm Regards,