“Great stay, excellent service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bianco off Queen

Bianco off Queen
Ranked #61 of 68 Hotels in Auckland
Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui, New Zealand
“Great stay, excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

I stayed with family members (2 of my daughters and my older sister). We stayed on the top floor in a two bedroom apartment. Very tidy. The view was pretty cool. Except that it was a view of other high buildings. I used my Airpoints to stay here, so I am not 100% sure if it was value for money. Was a huge surprise that they supplied breakfast (small carton of fruit juice; muesli bar; fruit muffin; punnet of yoghurt; fresh banana). WIFI was included in the price. Had to pay for the parking. The staff were very friendly and very helpful. You have everything you need - microwave, stove top, dish washer, washing machine, dryer, 2 tv's - one in the lounge and one in the main room, fridge and a freezer, stereo (CD and radio), toaster, pots, pans, bowls, plates etc), you could easily live there for a while.

Room Tip: I stayed in tower B in a C appartment - this had a great view. Sun alllllll day! You are in the midd...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Nilay B, Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for a wonderful review. It is great to see such positive reviews of our staff and levels of service coming through as we have been working hard in this area. We hope you can take advantage of this the next time you stay with us. Thank you for choosing to stay at Bianco Off Queen, Auckland and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

I Booked 14 C Apartment in tower A and I enjoyed my stay very much. The rate was good especially as it included one of the bes breakfasts I've ever had in a NZ hotel. Nice touches included. Room was very Clean and tidy with nice perfume smell A.C. unit also include. I got very Friendly environment from housekeeping staff rather than reception. service was given to me is great everything perfect set up as like when i was enter first time in my room at i arreived. Regarding Night stay better value for money,,,,,,,

Room Tip: Room Price vary comfortable and Value for money is best
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Neel B, Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this review, 25 January 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am delighted to read your experience was met with great satisfaction. I will be sure to pass your great feed back to all staff members. We hope to welcome you back at Bianco Off Queen in the near future.

Kind regards

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

Although the reception could be improved, this is a great little serviced apartment in the heart of the city. I have stayed here a number of times and felt right at home. The rooms are huge and the kitchen and cooking facilities are just great.

Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Allan F
Neel B, Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this review, 22 January 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

It is great to hear that you had a first class stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We hope you will come back and visit us soon!

Warm regards,
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

We booked this hotel well ahead of our trip, which saved this hotel from receiving 2-stars (I'll explain). The room was okay, definitely apartment quality and not hotel quality. There was a king bed in one room and a single in another. They were nice enough to send up an additional cot for the main living room area since we had 4 people. The kitchenette was ample for what we needed, and the complimentary breakfast consisted of a muffin, banana, yoghurt, and oat bar per occupant. Now let me air my grievances...

I found it nearly impossible to sleep at this lodging. The beds were quite uncomfortable as they were, but the NOISE was the worst I could've expected. The location of this lodging is next to a few "Poker Rooms" and late night establishments so there were loud intoxicated folks walking by through around 4am. That's nothing though. EACH morning we stayed there, we were woken up to garbage trucks outside emptying rubbish bins FILLED with glass bottles from these establishments. I'm talking 15 minutes of non-stop bottles clanging and breaking, all between 645 am and 715 am. I've attached a picture of the truck...perhaps it was exaggerated noise since I had the windows open at night. However with no air-con in the summer it got very hot very quick with the windows closed.

Finally, allow me to come full circle. This hotel gets 3 stars because of the pleasant staff and the price. We did find it very reasonable to have a room very close to downtown and right off Queen St. all for under $150 per night. Thus the title...you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Our room was facing South...definitely avoid that although there may be no escape from the noise eve...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MySalsa
Melbourne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013

Am currently sitting in the 'spacious living room' of apartment 12A as I write this review. Originally had booked a deluxe 2 bedroom and was allocated apartment 14F. On checking in 2 days ago, was taken aback by the shoe box dimensions of this apartment. It offered views over industrial properties and their car park. I immediately called reception and complained that this was no means anywhere near the description of the apartment on offer (which I booked and paid for in full over 8 months ago!) Management offered us another room which was a superior two bedroom on level 12 and it only had the one bathroom. I had no choice but to take this apartment at this stage as it was the only one available and its layout made it appear more spacious. Although a downgrade, there was no offer of a partial refund for the cost and this was indeed disappointing. Management consists of many and are mainly of Indian background. In fact, the apartments are located in a questionable area of Auckland - generally backpackers, uni students and an enormous Youth Hostel across the road. In two nights I have stayed here (and thank goodness this will be the last night before we head off to Paihia), I have had no sleep. This is a very noisy area and street noise, including drunks strolling home in the early hours of the morning, cars hooning along the back streets, congregations of youths outside the hostel drinking, shouting, singing and fighting, makes for a pretty restless night's sleep. Last night as we ventured home, one of the apartments on the ground floor was hosting a huge party ... there were around thirty people spilling out of the apartment with more people coming in from the street to join the 'celebrations'. As we passed by this morning, we noted that the glass sliding doors had been smashed and there was no sign of anyone in the apartment except for a myriad of cleaning staff! It is obvious that Bianco do not screen visitors as well as they should and this poses security risks for those staying. Also, by error, we noted that the main door to the apartment is not self-locking ... leaving yet another security risk for those staying at Bianco. The apartment we stayed in and the one initially allocated, are in dire need of refurbishment and a good thorough clean. Scuff marks 'adorn' the walls and good luck in trying to find a comfortable couch to sit on ... the three seater in both the apartments were rock hard and the couch frame of these had penetrated through the cushioning ... yes it's like sitting on bare beams! Although only a brisk, ten minute walk from the centre of town, I would avoid these apartments like the plague. Of all the years of travelling, I do not think I have ever encountered such a sub-standard of accommodation. The website gives Bianco apartments way too much credit and whoever designed the website is a 'photographic genius'. Don't believe what you see and trust me, this is a place that will have you seething. There are better places to stay for the same price. I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: Of the two rooms we have experienced - neither are worth the money paid. Can only suggest you do not...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank fluffy63

Travellers are raving about these Auckland hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

While in Auckland my family spent two nights at the Bianco off Queen Serviced Apartments. We had apartment 4F which was a standard two bedroom apartment. As it was between December 25 and December 31 (when Auckland is quite sleepy as everyone is out of town) we got the room for $250NZ for two nights.

PROS:

1. Two bedrooms and TWO LARGE, FULL BATHROOMS!!
2. Modern design in the rooms that was very stylish
3. Full kitchenette with stove, dishwasher and microwave
4. Kitchen table for 6
5. Free continental breakfast in the room each morning (Bananas, Yogurt, Muffins, Juice Boxes)
6. Friendly and helpful staff
7. Secured parking ($20 / night)
8. Fast, reliable and unlimited WiFi internet (or cabled if you want)
9. Quiet area of downtown with hardly any disturbances
10. One block off the top of Queen street for easy access to most places in Auckland
11. Large north facing windows that allow a lot of sun in.
12. Large patio on this unit which were great for enjoying the sun and looking outside.
13. Washer and dryer in the unit.
14. Great stereo in the apartment for playing CDs, Radio or AUX

Cons:

1. The immediate one block area around the hotel is dull. You look into the back of other buildings and you need to walk to Queen to get to any shops.
2. Need to have the windows and doors open as the apartments get a bit warm.
3. Bedrooms were a bit snug in size but no real issue.
4. Small TV that is a bit hard to see from the couch.

Overall this hotel is VERY GOOD. The only one thing stopping me from giving it a "5" is the immediate block that it is located on. However, there is not much they can do about that. The hotel is great otherwise, very modern, great value and superb location to everything in town. I would highly recommend that you stay here if you are looking for a great affordable option in Auckland.

Room Tip: If you can ask for a room on a higher floor they might be able to move you up. I think if you are o...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kaihawki
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012 via mobile

Great location very central and walkable to all of the main attractions. All of the staff were friendly and very accommodating to our needs. The superior apartments rock plus great value for money I'd stay here again, loved it.

• Stayed December 2012