“Dont expect service”
Review of Bianco off Queen

Bianco off Queen
Ranked #59 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Great rooms, great views. Very quiet and spacious. TV has many chanels and the free wifi is a bonus.
Kitchens fully stocked in a two bedroom appartment, door does not lock to the room unless you lock it with your key.

Dont park in their carpark if you have a big car or are not the best driver as its a tight fit

The service of the staff is awfull, at check in they were demanding and told us our breakfast would be bought up...the free breakfast was a. Yoghurt and a mango juice box. There was old kiwifruits and some sort of cake in an opened container in the room....this was breakfast. We complained as the photo on booking.com showed a cereal, milk, bottle of orange juice and two pieces of bread (which is an actual breakfast!), the staff member argued and told me if i could show him the photo he would go out and personally buy it (bit of a smart attitude) i showed him the photo and he told us he would waive the $25 carpark cost on our account (ha! Didnt want to go out obviously). He said the photos on booking.com were not correct.

The next day the reception was packed at 10am (checkout) and took over 15 minutes to be served, the staff claimed there was nothing about a waived carpark fee...after a bit of a heated conversation they waived it.

Great rooms and quiet, but I wouldnt return here on the principal of rude obnoxious staff!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clayt0n_NZ
NilayJani, Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy that you enjoyed free Wi-Fi and facility of your room. We appreciate all of your thoughts and concerns. Without constructive feedback we will not be able to improve as a property. I am thankful that you have brought some issues to my attention that I can now take a proactive approach in fixing.

I am disappointed that you did not enjoy our complimentary light continental in room breakfast pack, which is made up of fresh fruit, freshly baked muffin, fruit juice, spreads, premium tea coffee including Moccana and Dilmah, fresh yogurt and a New Zealand made muesli bar. This is designed as a kick start to the day instead of a comprehensive breakfast as may have been expected, I apologies for any confusion caused.

However, I do appreciate your frustration and apologies for the way it was communicated to you. This is something we can look at as staff training on the matter.

Take care and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

Not sure what all the bad reviews are about - this place was very good for what it is - a very central self catering apartment. I asked to be moved from the potentially noisy ground floor and was upgraded to a palatial top floor apartment for just $10 a day more - terrific!! All clean and quiet enough for my tastes. Great kitchen. Yes the 'breakfast' is a bit unusual and would be better marketed as a 'courtesy extra' but there are plenty of nearby eating options. As for the grimy location, this really just is the way central Auckland is - unlike other cities in the world the CBD is NOT, in any way, a tourist attraction!! Even the locals stay away! If this bothers you stay in one of the further out areas.

My only real complaint was the internet - terrible cutting in and out despite apparently great signal. I did get someone up to look at it but they didn't fix the problem and I ended up sitting on the floor in the corridor, directly under the signal booster, just to get basic emailing done. VERY frustrating!! I would very happily recommend Bianco for anyone needing a centrally located self catering apartment except for the WiFi issue.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
NilayJani, Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. It is good to see that you had an overall good stay. We value your feedback as every feedback is a guide for us to improve. Please stay in touch with us and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Disappointing given the reviews. However having experienced the clientele understand why they would rate it as they do.
The room was poorly cleaned, curtains were grey with dirt and the bed linen was disgusting. With dirty marks on the sheets and pillowcases. The bed cover had "stains" all over it that were very suspect. Carpet was dirty as were the walls. The so called included breakfast was a joke. Delivered to your room the afternoon before. Bathroom had dirty "spills?" all over the walls and the floor was not clean. Guests were ill mannered and inconsiderate, noisy all night and shouting in the passageways. Management was ineffective and not of a standard I would associate with a first world country. Will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid Bianco off Queen, unless you have extremely low standards.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 277John
NilayJani, Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with Bianco off Queen Serviced Apartments Hotel, Auckland city and I greatly appreciate you taking time to share with us your feedback. I would love for you to contact me directly at boq.fom@vrhotels.co.nz as there a number of issues you have raised in your review that are a real concern to me.

Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. This was clearly not the standard of service that we strive to offer our guests and I would like to reiterate my most sincere apologies.

I have addressed the concerned departments with your inconvenience, and we will be attending to the issues.
I am sorry again that we did not meet your expectations throughout your stay.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

We stayed for 5 nights and tried to get an early check in; but had to wait until about 1:30 PM because the rooms were not ready. Did some sightseeing , and found that there were many restaurants within 5 minutes of walking distance. The apartment was pretty good, with a couch, small breakfast table, 2 chairs, kitchenette, stove, micro, fridge, pots, plates, glasses, utensils, Wi-Fi, flat screen TV with few channels, and a washer. Bathroom was very good, with an enclosed shower and all amenities. Continental breakfast could have been better,we had coffee/tea, bananas, the same flovour cake and juice boxes for 5 days which was disappointing. If you did not eat that, it was carried over for the next day and not replaced. Location is very good. The apartment was quiet and clean. We found the staff helpful but the toiletries were not replaced every day. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
NilayJani, Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review of our property and your positive comments on our location, friendly and helpful staff, hotel and room.

We appreciate your feedback about our complimentary breakfast , it will assist us in improving for future guests.

Please stay in touch with us and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Was looking hard for a place to stay for one night that would become a regular point of call as I travel regularly for work.
Price - pretty good.
Location - so so - down a back street but 3 mins wallk to middle of Queen St.
Breakfast - supposedly included - NOTHING was delivered despite amna t check-in saying it would be up in a few minutes.
Parking - rip off - $25 for the night.
Room - spotless clean - but did find connecting door open to next room. Not security minded as it was taped open. NOt overly impressed with lower level where I was - very dark.
NO plates, cups or glasses in the room. Couldn't make a coffee.

Overall - basic ut lacking soome small details. Price was good but parking cost blew it out.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
NilayJani, Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am very disappointed that we were not able to meet your expectations during your stay. I would love to have you come back and give us another chance to prove that this is not usual for our hotel. Do not hesitate to contact me directly at boq.fom@vrhotels.co.nz if you might reconsider staying with us again in the future so I can ensure you a more comfortable stay.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 20 May 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. I would like to mention some points about it. receptions have very bad attitude and they are so unfriendly!! you would never expect such a behavior from a reception!
About the breakfast ( If it is a part of you room rate) I can say that the breakfast includes a piece of cake, an apple, a fruit yogurt and a small piece of oats bar, ohh and some orange juice which will be delivered to your room the day before ( just like prisoners!!) oh and let me mention that If you don't eat them they will not be replaced for next day and a piece of cake will be there till you eat that!!
Service is not good!they don't even change the used soap till it is completely finished!!

If you want an empty room just for sleeping and you don't care about anything else It would be great otherwise my recommendation is you can find other suitable hotels in Auckland! doesn't worse the money.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
NilayJani, Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback and please accept my sincere apologies that your experience was less that top notch. Any feedback we receive helps to make us better. I would love for you to contact me directly at boq.fom@vrhotels.co.nz as there a number of issues you have raised in your review that are a real concern to me. I am not one to take such things easily and need to address them after receiving more information.

I look forward to hopefully hearing from you in the near future.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Poor location- down an alleyway- very messy with lots of litter. As a woman travelling alone I didn't feel comfortable.
Noisy hotel- single glazing with heat pumps and lots of noise from other rooms.
Terrible breakfast.
Issues with internet dropping connection- so not great for business.

Rooms were clean and hotel were happy to try and correct booking error which wasn't their fault.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. Any feedback we receive helps to make us better. There are a number of issues raised in your feedback that will help us improve as a property. I have passed on your recommendations and feedback to the relevant department heads to address.

We hope to see you back in the near future, thank you for your support.