“Unsure”
Review of Bianco off Queen

Bianco off Queen
Ranked #58 of 65 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My experience was not a positive one. Upon arrival I was informed of an 'early check in fee' for $65, which, let's face it, is bolony. So I had to wander around aimlessly for another 2 hours.

It didn't end here, the lady at the reception was snappy and insouciant. Eventually they said I could check in early after I made it clear if the room was clean what was the hindrance?

After settling in my room, one of the male staff members walked in on me as I walked out of the shower. I don't understand why he entered my room at all? This was extremely unprofessional, and highlights a lack of communication between staff.

The room itself was nice, but the location wasn't that nice at all (unsure of why people keep saying the opposite about the room and location).. I actually enjoyed the room, it was clean and quiet.

The value for the stay was decent too, but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
NilayJani, Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am disappointed that your stay did not live up to your expectations.

There are some aspects that are concerning to me and I would appreciate it if you could make contact with me on boq.fom@vrhotels.co.nz - I would like an opportunity to make it up to you and provide you the experience you paid for on your first visit. Further, it will allow us to do some further investigation on what went wrong and how we can avoid such problems in the future.

Take care and safe travels back to Perth.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

stayed October 2013 room was not ready had to wait an additional hour before we could check in, room was ok seemed clean enough but carpets could do with a clean though had hay fever for the duration of my stay! Breakfast was terrible the boxed apple juice imported from India was not drinkable, The Cake-muffin was a bit stale and the apples were very old but that’s not a major overall very average.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback and please accept my sincere apologies that your experience was less that top notch. Any feedback we receive helps to make us better. There are a couple of issues raised in your feedback that will help us improve as a property. I have passed on your recommendations and feedback to the relevant department heads to address.

Take care and safe travels.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Recently stayed at this serviced apartment on a trip to Auckland. The location was good and that was the last positive about the stay. Room was booked for 3 adults, arrive to the room and there were double beds so had to call down to get the beds made up, then had to call later to get enough towels for the room. One major annoyance was that for a room sold for 3 adults one room key was provided. The customer service was much to be desired, after an issue with the room was called a liar by the reception staff which really isnt professional at all so was left with a very sore taste in my mouth. Would 100% come back to Auckland but wouldnt stay at Bianco again thats for sure

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tim C

Dear Valued Guest,

It is great to hear that you were able to take advantage of our central location and explored the City. Thank you so much for your feedback and I was very concerned that your recent stay was not up to expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies for some disappointing aspects of your stay. I would love to have you come back and give us another chance to prove that this is not usual for our hotel. Do not hesitate to contact me directly at boq.fom@vrhotels.co.nz if you might reconsider staying with us again in the future so I can ensure you a more comfortable stay.

Take care and safe travels back to Sydney.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

The service desk staff were polite and helpful.
The cleaning staff need to lift their game. Breakfast the first day was one piece of cake & four yogurts for four adults compared to cakes,fruit,health bars,& yoghurt the next days.
Another negative was the fact that one of the staff chose to go through our luggage while were out. We know this because one of the bags had been gone through and left unzipped.
The bin in the toilet had not been emptied on the first day when checked in.
A shower curtain was never provided causing the whole toilet to get wet after showering causing a slip hazard to all occupants.
The room was clean and bright on the positive side and hope that cleaning staff will be cautioned and be more attentive to detail.
Thank you!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh
1  Thank Lancelot R
NilayJani, Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Thank you especially for your kind comments on our helpful staff, Great rooms, room facilities and a central location. We appreciate all of your thoughts and concerns. Without constructive feedback we will not be able to improve as a property. The issues that you brought to our attention are important to us and are being addressed and we are committed to take the necessary measures to prevent these issues from happening to future guests.

We hope to see you welcome back in the near future.

Take care and safe travels back to Sydney.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Would not recommend,very noisy,small rooms,hard uncomfortable bed,far too expensive, not enough car parking,this year we have stayed in many less expensive far nicer central Auckland hotels and apartments that have included parking

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mpthomson
NilayJani, Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback and please accept my sincere apologies that your experience was less that top notch. There are a number of issues raised in your feedback that will help us improve as a property. I have passed on your recommendations and feedback to the relevant department heads to address. I would love to have you come back and give us another chance to prove that this is not usual for our hotel.

Take care and safe travels back to Te Awamutu.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Great location but expect much more serviced apartment and much less hotel. Rooms are pretty clean and are a very decent size, the kitchenette is well appointed and staff were very friendly and helpful. Space is tight in basement carpark and is setup for long term residents more than hotel users. 2pm check in is fine but found 10am checkout a bit early, do they really need a four hour window to turn around the rooms?

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
NilayJani, Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is great to hear that you were able to take advantage of our central location and explored the City. We are very glad to hear that you had a positive experience. We pride ourselves on our friendly and efficient staff, so it is wonderful to hear that they assisted in making your stay even more enjoyable. Such encouraging reviews ensure that we work hard to maintain our standards. Thank you for your support. Your feed back has been passed on to the team.

Take care and safe travels back to Hamilton.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

i found this hotel value for money, basic necessities were fine and also it is been situated very much in center of city, breakfast was very average which is more like a light refreshment. The main disappointment was the reception staff as I found them totally rude and unprofessional . During our stay we asked for the directions towards Federal Street from the hotel after following the directions provided by staff we were in totally opposite direction of Federal Street. On my return I tried to advised hotel staff about the misguidance about the direction in the morning but the attitude was very unethical and I got the response that this not the part of our duty to advised the direction. The day before checkout I advised reception to book a airport shuttle and I had been advised to take a $35 ride in a taxi instead but later I was been told to pay $65 by taxi driver as it was a metered taxi .again I was been given false information, I will strongly not recommend anyone to stay in this hotel during their visit to Auckland city.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank christy l
NilayJani, Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy that you enjoyed facility of your room and take advantage of our central location and explored the City. We appreciate all of your thoughts and concerns. Without constructive feedback we will not be able to improve as a property. I am thankful that you have brought some issues to my attention that I can now take a proactive approach in fixing.

I do appreciate your frustration and apologies for the way it was communicated to you. This is something we can look at as staff training on the matter. I would love to have you come back and give us another chance to prove that this is not usual for our hotel.

Take care and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.