“Comfortable”

Bianco off Queen
Ranked #59 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed with friends sept 2012

Clean and comfortable, excellent wifi
close to cbd and main street
quiet side street, easy underground parking for our rented car

We stayed in a ground floor apartment with 3 twin rooms, excellent layout

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
NilayJani, Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for positive review of Bianco off Queen Serviced Apartments Hotel, Auckland City. Thank you especially for your kind comments on our hotel, cleanliness, WiFi Internet and central location. We look forward to welcome you and extend our hospitality again in case your travels bring you back to Auckland.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I was a little dismayed when I saw the small entrance off a back street (White St) and wondered what I got myself into but I was delighted to be wrong with first impressions. I was traveling with a party of five adults and needed a two bedroom apartment that was reasonably priced. The apartment was small but had everything we needed. There were two bedrooms, a beautiful bath with a washer and dryer, a kitchen with a dishwasher and two TV's. One in the living room and one in one of the bedrooms. There even was a full size ironing board. There were two balconies. The place was very clean and well cared for. Most of the guests seem to be young, maybe college students as there are a lot of universities in the area. But we stayed over the weekend and it very quiet after 8pm. The hotel is a short distance to downtown and the sky tower. Lots of places to eat in the area.

The staff was very helpful with information in the area. They were more than willing to give extra pillows, blankets etc. right away. No waiting for anything. The best though was when I checked out and left for the cruise I was taking. I was down by the pier and remembered I left my cell phone somewhere in the hotel. As you know, our cell phones have our lives on them. I grabbed a cab not expecting to have my phone found. When I got to the front desk, not only did they have my phone but they put it in airplane mode so I would not incur roaming chargers. They also refused the $10 tip I offered

Room Tip: Don't worry if you have a king or twin, as they can move the beds together or take them apart.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for your wonderful feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here at Bianco off Queen Serviced Apartment Hotel, Auckland City. Your feedback is a good motivation for us to keep striving to maintain the high standards we have.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Great location just off Queen Street. Rooms were very well equipped with full kitchen and washing machine. Parking is conveniently located underground at a cost of $25 which is reasonable in Auckland. WIFI was free which was very handy as we arrived late at night and had to make onward bookings. Very happy with our stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Sunlover Holidays

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for wonderful review of Bianco off Queen Serviced Apartments Hotel, Auckland City. It is great to hear that you were able to take advantage of our central location and explored the City. We are delighted to read your stay was met with facilities that made your stay really enjoyable.

Take care and safe travels back to Tauranga.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

My experience was not a positive one. Upon arrival I was informed of an 'early check in fee' for $65, which, let's face it, is bolony. So I had to wander around aimlessly for another 2 hours.

It didn't end here, the lady at the reception was snappy and insouciant. Eventually they said I could check in early after I made it clear if the room was clean what was the hindrance?

After settling in my room, one of the male staff members walked in on me as I walked out of the shower. I don't understand why he entered my room at all? This was extremely unprofessional, and highlights a lack of communication between staff.

The room itself was nice, but the location wasn't that nice at all (unsure of why people keep saying the opposite about the room and location).. I actually enjoyed the room, it was clean and quiet.

The value for the stay was decent too, but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am disappointed that your stay did not live up to your expectations.

There are some aspects that are concerning to me and I would appreciate it if you could make contact with me on boq.fom@vrhotels.co.nz - I would like an opportunity to make it up to you and provide you the experience you paid for on your first visit. Further, it will allow us to do some further investigation on what went wrong and how we can avoid such problems in the future.

Take care and safe travels back to Perth.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

stayed October 2013 room was not ready had to wait an additional hour before we could check in, room was ok seemed clean enough but carpets could do with a clean though had hay fever for the duration of my stay! Breakfast was terrible the boxed apple juice imported from India was not drinkable, The Cake-muffin was a bit stale and the apples were very old but that’s not a major overall very average.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback and please accept my sincere apologies that your experience was less that top notch. Any feedback we receive helps to make us better. There are a couple of issues raised in your feedback that will help us improve as a property. I have passed on your recommendations and feedback to the relevant department heads to address.

Take care and safe travels.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Recently stayed at this serviced apartment on a trip to Auckland. The location was good and that was the last positive about the stay. Room was booked for 3 adults, arrive to the room and there were double beds so had to call down to get the beds made up, then had to call later to get enough towels for the room. One major annoyance was that for a room sold for 3 adults one room key was provided. The customer service was much to be desired, after an issue with the room was called a liar by the reception staff which really isnt professional at all so was left with a very sore taste in my mouth. Would 100% come back to Auckland but wouldnt stay at Bianco again thats for sure

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tim C

Dear Valued Guest,

It is great to hear that you were able to take advantage of our central location and explored the City. Thank you so much for your feedback and I was very concerned that your recent stay was not up to expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies for some disappointing aspects of your stay. I would love to have you come back and give us another chance to prove that this is not usual for our hotel. Do not hesitate to contact me directly at boq.fom@vrhotels.co.nz if you might reconsider staying with us again in the future so I can ensure you a more comfortable stay.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

The service desk staff were polite and helpful.
The cleaning staff need to lift their game. Breakfast the first day was one piece of cake & four yogurts for four adults compared to cakes,fruit,health bars,& yoghurt the next days.
Another negative was the fact that one of the staff chose to go through our luggage while were out. We know this because one of the bags had been gone through and left unzipped.
The bin in the toilet had not been emptied on the first day when checked in.
A shower curtain was never provided causing the whole toilet to get wet after showering causing a slip hazard to all occupants.
The room was clean and bright on the positive side and hope that cleaning staff will be cautioned and be more attentive to detail.
Thank you!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh
1  Thank Lancelot R
NilayJani, Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Thank you especially for your kind comments on our helpful staff, Great rooms, room facilities and a central location. We appreciate all of your thoughts and concerns. Without constructive feedback we will not be able to improve as a property. The issues that you brought to our attention are important to us and are being addressed and we are committed to take the necessary measures to prevent these issues from happening to future guests.

We hope to see you welcome back in the near future.