“Close to Auckland Town Hall”
Review of Bianco off Queen

Bianco off Queen
Ranked #60 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed for two nights in a 2 bedroom apartment. Very clean and quiet. Downfalls, hard bed and pillows (some people might like this) and no sound to TV Channel 3 (not really a big issue). Great fantastic shower, suburb pressure!! Thought it was great value for money. See some reviews mentioned hookers, never saw any, lol. Was in a alley way street but we felt safe walking together.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jo P P

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed in Bianco off Queen as it looked nice and was affordable for Auckland.
When I arrived I found that it was off quite a dingy side street, littered with massage parlours. I didn't want to walk at night.
The service was good - friendly staff.
My room was really small. The redeeming feature was that it was very clean.
While I was pleased for the kitchen and laundry, the washer/dryer didn't work and the instructions were very complex. A set of easy to follow bullet points would have been better.
The free Internet was good too, though the instruction sheet for logging on made it confusing about whether I'd be charged or not.
The hotel is quite noisy. I believe there are people who live there. Twice late that night of my stay I heard a lot of aggressive and threatening language - not to me but outside in the hall. One man threatened to kick the door of another guest/tenant's in. I didn't feel safe.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Carly F
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Located handily for the top of Queen Street, we were greeted efficiently and warmly by the reception staff. The 2 bedroom apartment we had was clean, although pretty compact in size. The room was cleaned during our stay. We drove back to the hotel late Friday night from dinner and there seemed to be a few hookers working the street a short distance from the hotel. We were glad we weren't walking home as it felt a little dodgy. Overall it was a good 3-3.5 star property close to the city.

Stayed: April 2014
NilayJani, Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to share the experience, especially for your kind comments on our friendly and helpful Staff, Cleanliness and Central Location of the Hotel.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

We stayed here for a conference and also some caught the Bruno Mars concert. Easy location to get to most places in Central Auckland. We booked a 2 bedroom apartment and it was tidy and clean. It had all that we would need if we bought our own food. Enough room for the 4 of us. A car park was nearby which we used to park our car during the day as early bird for $14. Just be sure to do it by 8am as it fills out fast. You can park on the road from 6am overnight if you can find a parking space. The parking would otherwise be $25 per 24hrs. So will stay again.

Room Tip: Second floor facing the road made it easy to go and park the car.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sue H
NilayJani, Manager at Bianco off Queen, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. It gives us great pleasure and pride when our guests have a positive experience staying with us. We take immense pleasure in being able to serve our guests every day and enjoy what we do.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

this was a girls' weekend for the bruno mars concert. i booked 2 rooms: one for FOUR people (i.e. a sofa bed was required to be placed in the living area of one room) and one for TWO people. they put the TWO people in the LARGEST room and squeezed the 4 of us into a much smaller room. they also put the booking under the FIRST name of my friend [in the other room] and MY last name. i know not why.

the reception staff are ambivalent at best. their initial greeting on arrival was 'your room isn't ready'. the storage facility is completely un'manned'. in fact, on sunday morning when i came back after brunch to get my bag, there was no-one on reception when i came IN to get my bag, and still no-one when i came out (after brushing my teeth and repacking my bag). i could've taken what i wanted. post concert, the storage room was FULL.

the best thing about the room was the shower which had plenty of hot water, but there were stains on the carpet and for an apartment, it was very poorly kitted out. my friend's room had a broken shower door, blown light in the bathroom and the tv didn't work.

this place needs a do-over badly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank ScrappySueNZ

Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for the valuable feedback and have noted your concern very carefully. I would like to assure you that we have taken appropriate actions to avoid re-occurrence.

Your valuable feedback helps us to be better and deliver better. We look forward to welcoming you again and offering you a delightful experience.

Take care and safe travels

Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Good place to stay, walking distance from the city centre..
Lovely place, well maintained.. loved the terrace..
Tv is too small,, staff is ok and surprisingly Indian..! I wonder y..
Good place.. value for money

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jugalanki

Dear Valued Guest,

It is great to hear that you were able to take advantage of our central location and explored the City. We appreciate your feedback and your kind comment for other guests.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Nice, compact apartment in a good location for wandering around central Auckland.
Helpful staff and the laundry machines are a nice touch. The room and facilities were about right for the price, think of it as a vertical motel.
The building designers(?) appear to have used the left over spaces for the lobby and hallways, not much room for passing others.
The only negative is that the car parking process needs to be clearer and easier. I could not find anything on the website beyond a statement of price. After booking the room online, I had to ring them to book the car park separately. This information was not attached to my booking and the reception staff had no record of my request. This could lead to problems during busy periods as they have limited spaces for cars.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tim H

Dear Valued Guest,

We are very glad to hear that you had a very positive experience! and thank you for your review of our property and your positive comments on our friendly and helpful staff. I am so proud of our team and how they continue to perform to a high service level. I am sorry to hear that you had a trouble with parking. Due to our limited carpark, we do recommend our guest to pre-book a parking while they make the booking, the information is showing on our own and most 3rd party websites.