“Awesome Service”

Lone Star New Market
Ranked #601 of 2,403 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Description: You’ll find the Auckland Lone Star deep in the heart of cultural Newmarket. Known to Maori as “te Ti Tutahi “or “the Sacred Cabbage Tree Stands Alone”, But it actually acquired its name from the cattle markets established there back in the 1850’s.Our Café caters for up to 150 guests, and in addition, we offer a private function room that will comfortably accommodate another 55. We have a projector for sports events, and this room is perfect for that social occasion, corporate needs, or just a loud Thursday.Absolutely no need to worry about finding a park at LoneStar Newmarket- we have 2 parking buildings nearby-one right next door(entry by Khyber Pass) and another across the road on Kent Street.The Rialto and Village cinemas are a stones throw away. Children always welcome.
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I have rated this highly because of the service our watiress Briar was fantastic, she was friendly enthusastic and made us feel very welcome. I liked the fact we were not rushed and we sat for some time after our meal and yaked, we were not given the rush. The food is ok too good generous portions the potatoes have changed since last time and are just like little roast potatoes I preferred the old ones with skin on. The birthday boy was given a t-shirt and he was happy just a shame the vouchers they send can not be used on a Saturday. A pleasant enough night and we would be happy to return.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

Good Food, very polite and friendly staff. Had the lamb shanks and my son had the Roast chicken salad, both really yummy meals.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

have been there a few time both in Christchurch and Auckland, always excellent food and fun friendly staff, had Lasso of Hog. Drinks are good prices too.

Only issue is the level of the backgroud music like most places seems to be for the staff not the customers, but still not enough to put me off.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

We went last night for a kids birthday dinner - 6 kids, 7 adults. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful and even gave us comp T-shirts for the birthday girls - a lovely gesture. We were seated on 3 round tables pushed together which was a bit odd, and the restaurant was very loud which made chatting difficult.
The menu was as expected - very meat-centric and options to supersize everything (not ideal in our overweight society). On our table we had 5 kid meals which were received well by the littlies but not really what we should be feeding our younger generation. And between the adults we had steak, lamb, chicken, fish and burritos. Average price for a main was around $30. I have to say that I have had nicer versions of these dishes around Auckland for about $20 a time and I was not overly impressed with the food.
Overall, it was dark, noisy and over priced, average tasting food, but very nice, helpful friendly staff. Personally, I won't choose to go back - too many other good places around!

Reviewed 12 April 2013

I might be a little biased since I have been living in Austria and the food there is of excellent quality and well-priced. So, I only gave the LoneStar 3 stars because I felt like it's a bit pricey. However, it might be reflective of prices all over Auckland.

Anyway, I would definitely recommend that you order the garlic bread to share. It's a small loaf of bread, and it's served hot with lots of butter on the side. $9.95.

I had the lamb shanks which was the cheapest item on the menu(about $20 for one.), but it tasted great, and was a good sized portion. The mussels also seemed to be good. ($15 entree)

We were there for my daughters birthday and she was kindly brought a tasty dessert(pavlova), with a sparkler on it for free.

Acually, now that I am writing this, I am going to change my rating to 4 stars.