“WOW, WOW, WOW”
Review of Chuan Spa

Chuan Spa
Ranked #5 of 54 Spas & Wellness in Auckland
More attraction details
Owner description: Chuan Spa at The Langham Auckland offers a truly luxurious and rejuvenating spa experience that embraces the holistic principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Chuan Spa's exclusive treatment facilities include:*A luxurious range of beauty and spa treatments using leading skin and bodycare products from Natura Bisse, Thalgo, NZ Spa and our signature Chuan Spa range* Lavish treatment rooms including a dual treatment room for couples* Consultations with a trained Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) practitioner* TCM treatments including cupping and moxibustion and acupuncture* Herbal steam rooms, saunas, jacuzzi, snail showers and ice experience* Heated outdoor pool* Complimentary valet parking, and full access to the Chuan Health Club facilities
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“WOW, WOW, WOW”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

This experience rocked our worlds. I booked the Chuan Journey for my partner and I on our NZ holiday. The girls that executed our treatments were talented girls at their craft of massage. It completely took us to a place of peace and tranquility. The ambience that surrounded us was stunning to say the least. From start to finish this experience was MAGIC

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Michelle A
tlakl, Manager at Chuan Spa, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback. Lydia and Kimiko are indeed fabulous therapists and we have commended them for making your Journey stay with us such a magical experience. The Journey package is one our most popular and has some great benefits, including a bonus Deep Tissue Massage, 15% off further spa treatments, full access to the Club Lounge, breakfast and late checkout. We do hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday in NZ and we look forward to seeing you again when you are back in Auckland.

New Zealand
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Mixed feelings..................”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Signature spa was on the menu for me and off i trotted.
Firstly the Langham facilites that you can use whilst at the Chuan Spa are incredible, especially on a lovely summers day. Fantastic outdoor, rooftop large pool with plenty of loungers and table and chairs also comes with food and beverage service (expensive) as you would expect. Then in the locker rooms you have steam room, sauna, shaved ice fountain, snail shower and two ordinary showers plus dressing room with complimentary deodrant, hair spray etc. This i could not fault - all spotlessly clean. Heaps of shower and pool towels.
The Spa, lovely looking spa with the best furniture and lighting.
The facial, well I didnt get in that relaxing mood when I could just about nod off as I have done at other spas. The girl that gave me the facial was so lovely but didnt have the skills to relax a person and make you fully enjoy the experience. /she just kept repeating the same time over and over again, never touched by arms or the simpliest leg massage, which I have had at the other facials i have had elsewhere.

would i go back - i dont know - loved spending time around the pool etc and in the relaxing rooms at the spa, but as for the facial, I probably would go where the experience is more relaxing and truely heaven.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Sparkle59
tlakl, Manager at Chuan Spa, responded to this review, 17 March 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our spa facilities and decor. We do pride ourselves in creating an exceptional ambience, and always aim to deliver warm and excellent customer service. I am sorry that your facial did not meet your expectations on this visit. Our Thalgo facials are performed to the same standards as carried out in France, and generally don't include hand and arm massage, as more time is spent relaxing the head, face, décolleté, neck and shoulders as well as treating any skin concerns. However, the Natura Bisse Diamond Facial offers a luxurious full body massage, and our Signature Facial also includes a hand and arm massage. We have taken your feedback into consideration and have noticed an opportunity to tailor make our treatments to meet our guests' needs. Please feel free to contact me personally to discuss your preferences as we would welcome the opportunity to provide a bespoke experience for your future visits.
Gisborne, New Zealand
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Relaxing treat”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

The wife and I had a couples massage here. We chose the hot stone massage. The whole experience was sublime. The stones are amazing. Such a relaxing environment, very good masseuse.... 90 minutes goes way too quick.

Visited February 2013
tlakl, Manager at Chuan Spa, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback. Our Chuan Stone Therapy Massage is a firm favourite with our guests, and very relaxing. Our hot stones are unique as we use special basalt stones which contain high levels of magnesium making them a great conductor of heat. The heat is then gently transferred gradually into the body, helping to relieve tension held deep within the muscles and joints. We hope to welcome you both again soon.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Spa Experience”
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Was looking forward to the luxury of having a special massage at the Chuan Spa at the Langham.
The whole atmosphere of the place is amazing and very relaxing. Staff go out of their way to make you very welcome and as relaxed as possible. They incorporate the essential elements into your treatment and use these as the basis of the treatments. After my wonderful one hour of massage I was given refreshing fruit juice and chinese herbal tea. Wonderful. But..the next day I could not move! I could not bend my back with out agony and all the muscles in my back went into uncontrollable spasms. This lasted for most of the day. The next day my back was still incredibly sore but at least I could move and walk! I thoroughly enjoyed the massage at the time but do not think I will be going back.

1 Thank grandies3
tlakl, Manager at Chuan Spa, responded to this review, 13 February 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent visit with us. While it is natural to sometimes feel tender the day after a massage (particularly after a deep tissue massage), in this case your post-massage experience was very uncomfortable and we sincerely apologise for this. We do take every effort to ensure our guests are comfortable both during and after a treatment, and there is a learning experience for us in receiving your feedback. I am pleased you still enjoyed your treatment and overall spa experience. Please feel free to contact me for further details, as I would like to follow up with your progress and it will also help us to improve our services.
Kind Regards
Auckland
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 163 helpful votes
“A heavenly treat”
Reviewed 6 December 2012

My experience at Chuan Spa has been what I'd refer to as my heavenly treat. When you arrive at the waiting lounge, you are served tea. Then its to the changing room and you are welcome to use the heated pool or the steam room or the shower etc. Before my massage, i was a tthe waiting room to chill out with some magazines. A lovely spacious room and shower for the massage. Then after the massage, it was to another room, the Dream Room where I could relax further with more tea and magazines. I loved the feel of not having to rush offf. It was money well spent on an excellent massage and in opulent surroundings. NB - I had valet parkign at no charge as well.

Visited November 2012