“Spirit Alley and the Evil Triangle”

Auckland Ghost Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$44.17*
and up
Auckland City Ghost Tour
Ranked #40 of 164 Tours in Auckland
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn The Authentic Stories Of The Macabre And Bizarre ,As You Are Led By Your Ghost Walker On A Lantern-Lit Walking Tour Around The Most Historic Streets In Auckland City."Come Along ....If You Dare "
Los Angeles
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Spirit Alley and the Evil Triangle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2010

HIGHLY recommend this tour.

It was exactly what I was looking for. I agree, there was a great deal of crime stories but I still loved it. Hearing about the alley way with the multiple murders ... and "oh hey, that's a great steak house right there." Lol!

I think my favorite aspect, was that there were all these dark stories and spirits in these areas I had walked by tons of times! One thing that was really spooky was days earlier my GF and I were walking passed this one block that had adult entertainment and weird, evil sounding names for stores. I said to her, "wow I get a bad vibe off of this place." Come to find out, it's part of the Evil Triangle where a random man was stabbed to death by an angry boyfriend. And where people know it's an evil place but they remain silent about it ....

Love it.
Great price.
Easy to do.
Great guide.
... I would love to have more!

2 Thank David E

Escanaba, Michigan
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Creepy and informative”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2010

If you really want to know the history of Auckland, take a ghost tour where you not only are introduced to the background of the city, but are given the seedy details of another reality.

The tour begins when the ghost tour guide appears out of nowhere at the Britomart. As you start walking, absorbing the bustling atmosphere of the waterfront, the guide helps you to visualize the sights of another time and place. You sense an alternate reality that parallels what you see before you.

This was one of my favorite attractions during our visit.

2 Thank katiejbb
Gold Coast
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A thought provoking look into Auckland's underbelly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2010

I thoroughly enjoyed this trip, it wasn't scary or wildly exaggerated but rather an insight into the layers that makes a city and its residence. Cleverly woven together, the guide documents the facts and leaves you to ponder whether justice was served or the various matters closed -( then, now and into the future). To actually walk the streets, view the sites and hear the tales has given me a new appreciation for Auckland. Anthony is a gifted story teller and I would highly recommend his tours.

1 Thank StormGoldCoast
ISLE OF MAN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Informative and Entertaining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2010

Excellent tour. Tour Guide knew what he was talking about. Unfotunately only a reletively short history in Auckland, but a lot has happened!!!! Would recommend.

2 Thank Manxie1981
Brisbane
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A fun tour, but lacking a few ghosts”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2010

My wife and I decided to take the ghost tour of Auckland as a fun introduction in late April 2010. Anthony our tour guide was very knowledgable about the "dark side" of Auckland, but unlike other ghost tours we have taken, this is more of a crime tour of murders and suicides than ghost stories of times past.

We were a little disappointed that the spooky ghost side didn't seem to feature too much, but the tour is definitely still fun and historically informative and a nice way to explore Auckland at night.

3 Thank MattKatB